Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #1161
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Not sure about the reward points, but I can't see any reason you shouldn't be allowed to use them. This is my only IM and I love it. I have a lot of great statues, but this statue is front and center, and it's my gf's mom's favorite statue in my collection. Light-up feature is dope. I love the dirty boots. My gf said the dirty boots are what makes her like this IM more than some of my other statues. She says the others are too clean and not as realistic. This guy also represents one of my favorite MCU films. Classic.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:00 PM   #1162
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Not sure about the reward points, but I can't see any reason you shouldn't be allowed to use them. This is my only IM and I love it. I have a lot of great statues, but this statue is front and center, and it's my gf's mom's favorite statue in my collection. Light-up feature is dope. I love the dirty boots. My gf said the dirty boots are what makes her like this IM more than some of my other statues. She says the others are too clean and not as realistic. This guy also represents one of my favorite MCU films. Classic.

Sounds good, and thank you. Ironically, I still don’t own any Ironman statues myself, so if this converts it will be my first.

P.S. Give a thanks to your girlfriend & her mom as well, as being mere “civilians” in the collecting game, their input was also helpful.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:12 AM   #1163
Divo

Question. i got on the wait list for this statue, soon after, waitlist was deemed full on SS site. I still have not converted, & yet the waitlist is now open again?

Don't understand how waitlist can flip flop back and forth when all waitlisted have not yet been served?! What's the deal? Am I in waitlist limbo, or is Sideshow?
Old 05-20-2021, 06:36 PM   #1164
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Question. i got on the wait list for this statue, soon after, waitlist was deemed full on SS site. I still have not converted, & yet the waitlist is now open again?

Don't understand how waitlist can flip flop back and forth when all waitlisted have not yet been served?! What's the deal? Am I in waitlist limbo, or is Sideshow?
They may have closed out the Reg run a few short of the full ES and maybe they are going to finish off the run? That’s happened before. I scored Mythos Obi Wan that way back in the day. Is kind of odd though.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:10 AM   #1165
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
They may have closed out the Reg run a few short of the full ES and maybe they are going to finish off the run? That’s happened before. I scored Mythos Obi Wan that way back in the day. Is kind of odd though.
Yeah, SS just got back to me, & it seems to be an automated system, as 'dropouts" are continually replaced. And though I was partially aware of the system, found it odd that this late in the game the "rotation" is still quite active. Regardless, still on the waitlist, so i have a shot, & good to know you can use rp for waitlisted items.

On a side note, just saw the HULK art print from SS last newsletter. Is this a premonition of finally having a hyper detailed, ripped, fisted, charging, brutish HULK sculpt? You know, the HULK sculpt.

Wait for it, cause he's coming.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:37 PM   #1166
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I just purchased this on BTS from someone (should have it in a few days). I think this is still the best Iron Man out there in 1:4 and I'm excited to add it!
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:44 PM   #1167
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I just purchased this on BTS from someone (should have it in a few days). I think this is still the best Iron Man out there in 1:4 and I'm excited to add it!
I don’t really collect Sideshow pieces anymore, but out of the 5 1/4 IM scales pieces I have I prefer this one over the 3 Iron Studio pieces. If not for the crappy base, the only one which I prefer over this one is the Mark 43 from Hot Toys.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:09 PM   #1168
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Sorry to necro this thread, but does anyone know if you can deactivate the rear flickering light and only have the lights on Iron man work?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:35 PM   #1169
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Sorry to necro this thread, but does anyone know if you can deactivate the rear flickering light and only have the lights on Iron man work?
I don?t see how without damaging the base some way.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 11:07 AM   #1170
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

speaking of lights.......

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why for SS 1/4 scale pieces the only one that seems to have batteries needed and NOT an a/c adapter is the Mark 45? Why would they not have an adapter as opposed to a push button battery operating?

And......

Is there a way to make this happen on the base or is it a matter of breaking the base...?
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote