Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-15-2021, 08:13 AM   #281
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
If you're going to create a sexy Asuka Langley, you either go big or go home, and Yunding Studio definitely went big - their take on Asuka includes two unique bodies and interchangeable head sculpts, with unique bases for each... She is stunning in both incarnations, and flawlessly executed. I love their commitment to the concept, and the beautifully realized result...
That is beautifully done. Thanks for sharing the pics!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:45 PM   #282
drpl88
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Really wish we got more pics than just that. At least a video of the master prototype would be nice. Pretty mysterious statue in general, but the quality seems extremely high at least based on those few images.
Ive read she is going to debut at Wonder Festival 2021 in Shanghai around mid June.
I think the China edition size is 499 and is selling out. Not sure what is the oversea edition size or even if there is one edition size reserved to be sold for oversea.
drpl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:31 PM   #283
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Drakul let me know if you come up with a simple solution to her skirt that won't take off any paint and won't prevent it from being removed down the road.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 12:11 AM   #284
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Yomi Studios

Came with left foot broken off at the ankle. Clean break and fixed with a brass rod and super glue gel. One heart fell off an also fixed with super glue. Top and bottom just fitted in place. Hair, smoke wisps, ribbon on left hip and left butt cheek are held in my magnets. Surprising the right boot just sits on the base. Came with a small piece of blue tack. Also came with small empty plastic bottle which I have no idea what for. Overall not bad of a figure. May run the risk of paint rub if taking clothing on and off. When drilling for the pinning repair, the resin density and smell is a lot like the resin used for e2046 garage kits. Kit of reminds of e2046's prepainted kits.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 12:51 AM   #285
qz33
Doctor Doom

Is it hard like normal polystone?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:03 AM   #286
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Is it hard like normal polystone?
The base feels like a denser resin, but they figure itself is a fairly light resin.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:37 AM   #287
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
The base feels like a denser resin, but they figure itself is a fairly light resin.
May be be Polyurethane. Lots of kits are polyurethane.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:51 PM   #288
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I also received mine and yeah while the sculpt and overall statue are amazing (the base is beautiful and the shoes are some of the best I've ever seen), the engineering for the clothes are awful. I didn't like the idea of cast-off to begin with and I just figured I could ignore the option, but in this case you're very much punished for doing so. Like you I've contemplated gluing it, but I feel that is a last resort. I wonder if something as simple as a little bit of translucent tape would be enough? Thankfully it only affects the display of the statue from the sides. I wish they had just done her normally because the actual clothes look fantastic. The texturing on her outfit is incredible. In particular I kept feeling her socks because I couldn't believe they were sculpted.

Edit: I'm glad I finally got to check out one of the statues from one of the more popular makers of this market right now. I definitely wish they would sell non cast off versions that had the clothes sculpted on. I feel like it holds back a lot of these statues from an engineering perspective. I guess it is done so they can advertise the features, but I have to wonder how many people care. Their Tifa is already quite nice, but if the clothes were sculpted on (and the statue was otherwise exactly the same as it is), I think it would probably be the definitive Tifa figure on the market.
totally agree.

As far as Mai goes I don't like the face at all.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #289
French Cancan
Deadman

CREATION EPIC Studio / ENCHANTED MEMORIES Series - COOKING GIRL

Size: H42cm X W51cm X D40cm ( 16,53 X 20,08 X 15,75in )
Resin + PU
560$

As a reminder, it's the same studio that made this

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:05 PM   #290
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I had a feeling it was the same studio. It's too bad they aren't going to make a whole band of girls
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote