Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-30-2023, 12:28 AM   #31
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think this is a big miss. What they needed to do To really capture the scene is close the mouth and bring out that inquisitive, dog like curiosity she displays at first. Enough of the t rex just bearing her teeth with the environment around her changing. IS is out of ideas.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 02:47 AM   #32
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
I think this is a big miss. What they needed to do To really capture the scene is close the mouth and bring out that inquisitive, dog like curiosity she displays at first. Enough of the t rex just bearing her teeth with the environment around her changing. IS is out of ideas.
Agreed. That curious look would have been a great selling point. This just looks off and honestly a bit cheap?
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 02:44 AM   #33
Kefka2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
Agreed. That curious look would have been a great selling point. This just looks off and honestly a bit cheap?
Yeah. Their stuff has a real plastic look to them, which is unfortunate. I?ve only seen a few of their pieces and they all have a cheap look to them. The Two raptors from JP had horrible sculpts too.

I truly hope people love their IS pieces, but I just can?t get behind them for quality and execution.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:56 PM   #34
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Yeah. Their stuff has a real plastic look to them, which is unfortunate. I?ve only seen a few of their pieces and they all have a cheap look to them. The Two raptors from JP had horrible sculpts too.

I truly hope people love their IS pieces, but I just can?t get behind them for quality and execution.
The Triceratops diorama is great, as is the T Rex main road diorama. I like their JP stuff.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 08:10 PM   #35
Kefka2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
The Triceratops diorama is great, as is the T Rex main road diorama. I like their JP stuff.
I?m very happy for you, honestly. Nothing I?m saying is meant to be rude, I?m just giving my opinion. I?m not sure what it is for me. I?m a huge JP fan and the products I?ve seen of theirs have been underwhelming. I do have their Tiger raptor. That?s actually a nice piece and the teeth are expertly done. Maybe i need to just see a big dio in person.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:00 AM   #36
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
I have the Trike Diorama myself, it's probably the best piece they ever made. Captures three moments all in one and is a huge, has a lot of presence.

Their older JP items were just a lot better.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:22 PM   #37
Kefka2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
I have the Trike Diorama myself, it's probably the best piece they ever made. Captures three moments all in one and is a huge, has a lot of presence.

Their older JP items were just a lot better.
I will say the breakout scene looked badass
Old 02-20-2024, 11:53 PM   #38
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
I will say the breakout scene looked badass
I was VERY tempted, the Rex itself was huge but only locked good to me from certain angles. I did buy one of the Explorers though.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:12 AM   #39
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm a fan, I will never part with my T-Rex breakout diorama, and for the price back then, if they made it now it would be double the price.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 04:22 AM   #40
Gpilko87
Frackin!

The breakout T Rex is the best Jurassic statue they have done, I quite like this gennaro one even if it is only 1/20 scale. Progress updates have been very limited however.
Gpilko87 is offline   Reply With Quote