Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-23-2022, 09:46 AM   #21
bladou20
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have not once read of the collector keeping a defective Prime 1 statue and receiving points/partial refund to help smooth the issue over.
I received some points from them when my Toad Prince statue arrived with a broken toe. It had a wire cast inside of it and was not broken off, but was still damaged. They gave me 10% in rewards points.

I did have to buy some parts for my Lobo statue, but I did not buy that statue from them originally. I think they made an exception because I mentioned that statues issue while talking to the representative who was handling my issue with the Toad prince statue.
bladou20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:01 AM   #22
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladou20 View Post
I received some points from them when my Toad Prince statue arrived with a broken toe. It had a wire cast inside of it and was not broken off, but was still damaged. They gave me 10% in rewards points.

I did have to buy some parts for my Lobo statue, but I did not buy that statue from them originally. I think they made an exception because I mentioned that statues issue while talking to the representative who was handling my issue with the Toad prince statue.
That is a new one to me, 10% off rewards.
10% is nothing any how. These companies can knock 20% 30% off all day long. If push comes to shove, they can knock off more!

When i received a Prime 1 piece that featured an iffy eye and 10+ areas of paint missing from the hair. Prime 1 replied, they could not see any issues with the eye and that i should fix the paint issues myself. I jest not.

I paid a pro painter (about $250) to repaint both eye's and fix 'all' the hair issues.
3+ months later, i showed Prime 1 the results, and all they could reply with was - they were happy that i was now happy with their statue that i paid to fix.

There was no offer of rewards.

I have one Prime 1 piece coming in (from Sideshow Collectibles). That will take my total number of Prime 1 pieces to 4 + one 1/3 scale Joker bust. I'm done with Prime 1 Studio
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:22 AM   #23
bladou20
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
That is a new one to me, 10% off rewards.
10% is nothing any how. These companies can knock 20% 30% off all day long. If push comes to shove, they can knock off more!

When i received a Prime 1 piece that featured an iffy eye and 10+ areas of paint missing from the hair. Prime 1 replied, they could not see any issues with the eye and that i should fix the paint issues myself. I jest not.

I have one Prime 1 piece coming in (from Sideshow Collectibles). That will take my total number of Prime 1 pieces to 4 + one 1/3 scale Joker bust. I'm done with Prime 1 Studio
I understand your frustration. I ordered my Prime 1 Red Sonja from Sideshow. I still haven't been able to get her right leg to peg into the slot on the dragon's body. I don't want to risk damaging it by using a hair dryer or forcing it, so I learned to live with it.

There were some paint issues with the base as well. Several areas had obvious over spray and looked sloppy.

Sideshow told me it was typical for this statue and that they would do a full refund. I don't think it's typical though as I've seen another one in person and it did not have those issues. Just my misfortune to get one that had an issue.
bladou20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:27 AM   #24
MPCanes
The X-Men

Wish they would invest the money they spend on these ridiculous Next Level events that are getting more and more bloated on a strong CS department.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:22 PM   #25
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

UPDATE: I have spoken to someone at Prime 1 again and the reason given to me for having to pay for the part and shipping was that it has been 3 months and their policy for any damaged parts are 30 days. Although I don't like that I have to buy another part, it is reasonable to have a 30 day warranty after I receive the package.

I guess it is what it is and I will make sure next time to get a replacement within the timeframe
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:59 PM   #26
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

That makes sense. All the more reason to open boxes immediately to check for damage--from any company really.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:08 PM   #27
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
That makes sense. All the more reason to open boxes immediately to check for damage--from any company really.
I’m bad with that. Took me almost a year to open Gandalf vs Balrog due to space and laziness. Thankfully everything was fine or I’d be screwed.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:17 PM   #28
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I?m bad with that. Took me almost a year to open Gandalf vs Balrog due to space and laziness. Thankfully everything was fine or I?d be screwed.
Gosh darn it! It's been almost a year since I got my P1 Sauron and I have yet to open it. Maybe I should...
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:21 PM   #29
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Gosh darn it! It's been almost a year since I got my P1 Sauron and I have yet to open it. Maybe I should...
It was almost a year when I opened mine too lol… All was good. Just don’t lay him on his leg and foot blades when you rest the body. They’re very sharp and fragile.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:42 PM   #30
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I have a friend that has tons of statues he hasn't opened yet, some 2 years old... I tell him to open them after it arrives to check if everything is okay... I did not follow my own advice...

Yeah, open up those boxes people and make sure everything is working as it should and there isn't any breakage..... Prime 1 policy is a warranty for 30 days after receiving the item as far as I know
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote