Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-03-2024, 01:18 PM   #421
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
LBS sculpts look like big Bowens, they are toooo simplistic and they lack any artistic value.
I'm sure this comment will go over well
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:24 PM   #422
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I'm sure this comment will go over well
Sugarcoating ruined this hobby. This along with Tubers taking over the community.

I pity companies eg Tweeterhead or LBS thinking that Tubers have ANY influence on the hobby or asking Tubers what to produce. It would be a miracle for that Doomsday 1/3 bust to sell over 120-150 pieces NO MATTER how much it gets hyped and pushed.

Forps is here to put things straight.

To protect the hobby and protect collectors and also to give the PROPER advice to companies.

Forps' eye is second to none cause i can INSTANTLY recognize artistic value but also to "smell" possible commercial (ES) success or failure. This is an ability, a handful of people can boast about.

Companies follow what Tubers say to them but these guys are clueless, they have 0 artistic background, 0 knowledge of how real economy works, 0 "smell" of what would sell in the current market.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:34 PM   #423
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Whoa! Forps is back!
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:42 PM   #424
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Sugarcoating ruined this hobby. This along with Tubers taking over the community.

I pity companies eg Tweeterhead or LBS thinking that Tubers have ANY influence on the hobby or asking Tubers what to produce. It would be a miracle for that Doomsday 1/3 bust to sell over 120-150 pieces NO MATTER how much it gets hyped and pushed.

Forps is here to put things straight.

To protect the hobby and protect collectors and also to give the PROPER advice to companies.

Forps' eye is second to none cause i can INSTANTLY recognize artistic value but also to "smell" possible commercial (ES) success or failure. This is an ability, a handful of people can boast about.

Companies follow what Tubers say to them but these guys are clueless, they have 0 artistic background, 0 knowledge of how real economy works, 0 "smell" of what would sell in the current market.
FORPS!!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:43 PM   #425
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
(apart from 1/3 Hulk, which was though still plagued by production issues)
That's just not true. Far less than 1% had paint issues.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:47 PM   #426
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
It would be a miracle for that Doomsday 1/3 bust to sell over 120-150 pieces NO MATTER how much it gets hyped and pushed.
Imagine if they sold that many in the first 24 hours. That would be some sort of super miracle, wouldn't it?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:53 PM   #427
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
That's just not true. Far less than 1% had paint issues.
nearmint, cause you are amongst the Tubers talking to Jay, give him proper advie.

His Green Lantern WON'T sell. Period. Nor would his Flash with the current sculpt (or renders).

His Captain America, Thor and Iron Man looked like big Bowens. For a small period of time, the average collector can "admire" them due to the lack of 1/3 comic Marvel sculpts also.

Nevertheless, in the end he is going to get bored of them due to their simplicity and also due to the fact that simplistic sculpts do NOT appeal to deep-pocketed collectors, successful men, who want to collect but also to not also being ashamed of it if it looks tooooooo childish.

The moment Sideshow produces a 1/3 comic Captain America or Thor with Sideshow's UNDENIABLE artistic superiority and "Sideshow's style", its over.

The market is extremely difficult for companies like LBS or Tweeterhead to "listen" to guys and producing stuff that are not going to be a commercial success.

Tubers get views from Shorts, not from their actual long videos. Their non-Short videos or lives have at most 3-4k views. Companies overestimate Tubers influence on the hobby.

Forps is here to help the community, the hobby and also companies to navigate through these times.

But.....

If Sideshow is INDEED following what i wrote ~1 year ago, its OVER.

No company can EVER compete with Sideshow regarding western comic-inspired sculpts. Its futile. Its a recipe for disaster.

Prime1 should eg specialize in anime or video game stuff, PCS on NON-HUMAN sculpts (PCS can't produce a sculpt with a human likeness, PERIOD) etc.

Sideshow is no longer kidding. It got serious and i can also see that it is her opportunity to "clean" the mess which XM and Prime1 afterwards brought to this hobby.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:01 PM   #428
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Imagine if they sold that many in the first 24 hours. That would be some sort of super miracle, wouldn't it?
Forps is NOT a fool, nearmint.

They sold 51 till now. 1 day has already passed. It is also known in this hobby that sales during day 1 are ~60-70% of your total sales.So 120-150 should be the end number. Unless they try to sell on Sideshow or to other retailers etc.

I bet that now i wrote 51, a miracle will happen and 150 are going to be sold in the next hours. I should have not written this, cause i know what is happening and what tricks are used in this hobby.

I am not a fool, nearmint.

You overestimate your influence on the hobby and collectors. Collectors are smarter than you think.

And the sculpt on Doomsday is unrefined, it also is painted poorly for a prototype.

1/3 bust is also weird.

Tweeterhead saw Sideshow's success with Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman 1/3 bust line and thought that it found a "niche". Nevertheless, this is not the case. I can analyze it writing an essay but i am bored.

If they think that Riddler looking like a plastic 1/3 bust you buy on a toy store for 20 bucks is going to sell 350 pieces, then good luck. You are giving Tweeterhead bad adve.

Sorry but i want the hobby to flourish and the sugarcoating and companies falling for Tubers is one of the reasons why are in this .... we are today.
Old 05-03-2024, 02:01 PM   #429
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Are you insinuating they have? Because when I check the website, it allows me to add 299 pieces to my cart, which means they have only sold 51 pieces.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 02:04 PM   #430
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Are you insinuating they have? Because when I check the website, it allows me to add 299 pieces to my cart, which means they have only sold 51 pieces.
Check my post above. I already wrote this. EXACTLY.

And be ready for 150 pieces to be miracously sold in the following minutes or hours.

You get me, NorthernLadMSP. Don't you?