Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-05-2022, 09:38 AM   #841
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
niiiice! different companies but looks like they were designed to go together. is the she-ra EX?

can you take a pic with the teela and she-ra base together?
She Ra is regular.

Here are the bases next to each other.

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:44 AM   #842
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkollectible View Post
I didn't send them an email. I used their website and my order details to follow the form to fill out a request for replacement part. The form allows uploading of pics of the defect. They pretty much responded within 48hrs.
Thank you very much. I will try it your way.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 06:17 PM   #843
MPCanes
The X-Men

Just unpacked this one; what a stunning piece and I’m pretty sure the legends line is the best statue line going at the moment. The art direction and production execution is second to none.

Please use this same factory and don’t let the QC drop!
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:33 PM   #844
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
Received mine today from Tweeterhead. Statue was in good condition but the art box was significantly crushed on the corners. Has anyone ever had any luck getting TH to replace the art box?
I saw on their website that they said something like they don't support issues with damaged art boxes, although they sometimes do have extras. I did send an e-mail just in case they had extras for this one since this may be the worst shape an art box has arrived in for me (the brown shipper and the art box both took a hit and had two decent sized tears through them). Never heard back.

In my experience, it's a rarity to get a perfect art box and I am not sure too many care about them - I stopped caring about crushed corners. This one only got my attention due to the large tears. Although, I recall when Sideshow floated the idea of ditching them entirely and it obviously never happened, so someone must care. There are some Sideshow products where the art box is prettier than the statue. Tweeterhead did send one statue with no art box (Mxyzptlk). That one tested how much I cared (I didn't).

I think 10 years ago I would've cared more about the shape of this Teela art box. The reality is I won't see it again until I need to sell it and I am skeptical most buyers care. But, then I saw that Sideshow was selling statues at a 15% discount just for having damaged art boxes!

I do wonder why some of these have the styrofoam corners that help a decent amount when it comes to damage and others make sure the brown shipper is form-fitting to ensure any damage during transit gets passed on to the box.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:08 PM   #845
koolkollectible
The Spirit

Well this is frustrating. I got my replacement head sculpt today, but despite Sideshow confirming that they would be sending me a classic updo portrait, they actually sent me a replacement pony tail head sculpt! Sigh. I've asked them again if they can send the right replacement part, even if I have to return the incorrect replacement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220706_102806.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	151496

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220706_102903.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	151497
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 12:30 AM   #846
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkollectible View Post
Well this is frustrating. I got my replacement head sculpt today, but despite Sideshow confirming that they would be sending me a classic updo portrait, they actually sent me a replacement pony tail head sculpt! Sigh. I've asked them again if they can send the right replacement part, even if I have to return the incorrect replacement.

Attachment 151496

Attachment 151497
That is a bummer. I am hoping for you that they have another updo portrait to spare.

This is what they answered me:

Please know that upon thorough inspection of our replacement stock, I?m sorry to report we have fully exhausted our supply for this item. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

So, broken sword it is, then.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:25 AM   #847
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

I'm not sure why Tweeterhead doesn't understand the benefits to giving us a definitive answer as to whether older pieces will be re-released. It seems like they tease the possibility, but never actually answer the question.

I bought Teela because she was always one of my favorite characters and I'm satisfied with that. But, for example, if I can't get He-man (with the matching base) or She-ra or Evil-Lyn (to collect the females), then I'm going to stop at Teela and I'm done.

However, if they announced plans to re-release previous pieces which MANY of us missed, I'd be a LOT more interested in current and future statues. If I could get Skeletor and Evil-Lyn, I might snag Mer-man. If I knew She-ra would be coming again, I would've bought Hordak.

I'm totally fine with slightly different paint jobs to distinguish the differences in editions. She-ra definitely could use an improved paint application (face and white on the boots). Anyway, I'd love to get more, but as it stands I guess I'm stopping with Teela...and sadly I pretty much just ignore the news regarding the Masters line.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:44 AM   #848
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
I'm not sure why Tweeterhead doesn't understand the benefits to giving us a definitive answer as to whether older pieces will be re-released. It seems like they tease the possibility, but never actually answer the question.

I bought Teela because she was always one of my favorite characters and I'm satisfied with that. But, for example, if I can't get He-man (with the matching base) or She-ra or Evil-Lyn (to collect the females), then I'm going to stop at Teela and I'm done.

However, if they announced plans to re-release previous pieces which MANY of us missed, I'd be a LOT more interested in current and future statues. If I could get Skeletor and Evil-Lyn, I might snag Mer-man. If I knew She-ra would be coming again, I would've bought Hordak.

I'm totally fine with slightly different paint jobs to distinguish the differences in editions. She-ra definitely could use an improved paint application (face and white on the boots). Anyway, I'd love to get more, but as it stands I guess I'm stopping with Teela...and sadly I pretty much just ignore the news regarding the Masters line.
David Igo at Power-Con last year said they are wanting to do He-Man and Skeletor for the line but wanted to get a few more different statues out before coming back around and remaking any. I totally understand where your coming from. I also think though they don?t want to say officially what they are planning 4 pieces down the line , because in case they want to make a change or end up stopping all together the line, they would just upset even more collectors. I mean could you imagine if they said they were officially and then you purchased the next 3 because of that and then it never happened? That would totally not be cool. But ya it would be nice if they did.
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:47 PM   #849
koolkollectible
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
That is a bummer. I am hoping for you that they have another updo portrait to spare.

Please know that upon thorough inspection of our replacement stock, I?m sorry to report we have fully exhausted our supply for this item. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

I must be lucky. Just got a response from Sideshow indicating that they will send out another replacement with the correct updo classic portrait. Hopefully this time whoever packs it picks the right headsculpt to ship out!!

I guess they must have far more head sculpt spares than they do spares for the sword.
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 08:10 PM   #850
SDguy

Quote:
Oh, I have tried. It did not work at all, unfortunately. I used a two-component glue, but no chance. The blade came loose again.
Quote:

Maybe you can better describe your problem here so others can help, because there really isn't a reason proper glue, applied correctly, should not work to hold the sword peg in the hole in the fist.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote