Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-29-2021, 12:41 PM   #1031
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Either Chad or Igo had stated they were making a SR maquette, but SD is correct about the banner. Can't imagine that TH dosen't do those characters, they are popular and collectors loved their statues from SSC.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:07 PM   #1032
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Gotcha, well that's great news then. MOTU babes are hot sellers, especially She-Ra. Hopefully they get to her before the rights pass from Mattel to Universal in 2023.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:07 PM   #1033
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
Gotcha, well that's great news then. MOTU babes are hot sellers, especially She-Ra. Hopefully they get to her before the rights pass from Mattel to Universal in 2023.
I see you're a Spector Creative viewer.

His continued claim of the rights going to Universal always seemed weird to me. Why would Mattel give up rights to a property they own outright? Why would they put in so much time and money promoting the line and property if another company will reap the benefits a few years later?

I think Kevin Smith was able to clear things up in his writers' commentary.

Mattel owns "Masters of the Universe" overall, but under that title. Filmation owned the title of "He-Man and Masters of the Universe" and everything they created within that cartoon. The disconnect is that the Filmation rights is what will be transferred to Universal, not the core property as a whole. That tracks as the Netflix "She-Ra: Princess of Power" was also through Dreamworks/Universal. Also explains why "MOTU: Revelation" is so core Mattel influenced and probably means the upcoming CGI show will be through Dreamworks/Universal (like POP).
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:12 PM   #1034
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Remember, She-Ra is under the POP license and doesn't fall under the normal MOTU license.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #1035
Khev

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I see you're a Spector Creative viewer.

His continued claim of the rights going to Universal always seemed weird to me. Why would Mattel give up rights to a property they own outright? Why would they put in so much time and money promoting the line and property if another company will reap the benefits a few years later?

Mattel owns "Masters of the Universe" overall, but under that title. Filmation owned the title of "He-Man and Masters of the Universe" and everything they created within that cartoon. The disconnect is that the Filmation rights is what will be transferred to Universal, not the core property as a whole. That tracks as the Netflix "She-Ra: Princess of Power" was also through Dreamworks/Universal. Also explains why "MOTU: Revelation" is so core Mattel influenced and probably means the upcoming CGI show will be through Dreamworks/Universal (like POP).
I'm not sure where I heard it but it very well could have been Spector Creative. I'm certainly no expert on the matter, all I know is that I hope that Tweeterhead is able to keep producing statues for a long time regardless of who owns the rights.
Old 07-29-2021, 03:44 PM   #1036
Khev

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Remember, She-Ra is under the POP license and doesn't fall under the normal MOTU license.
She does seem to pop (no pun intended) up in a lot of MOTU branded packages though. Classics, Super7, Origins, etc.
Old 07-29-2021, 04:09 PM   #1037
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

Mattel owns "Masters of the Universe" overall, but under that title. Filmation owned the title of "He-Man and Masters of the Universe" and everything they created within that cartoon. The disconnect is that the Filmation rights is what will be transferred to Universal, not the core property as a whole.
in all honesty that really does clear up a lot of the questionable things they did in the new series.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:08 AM   #1038
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khev View Post
I love She-Ra and have her sideshow statue. I would love for TH to make a couple more different characters before they start to recycle HM, Skeletor, EL and SH. I mean if I see a Third EL anytime soon, i'm going to be sooo disappointed...
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:54 AM   #1039
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Well She-ra is the Catwoman of that universe so they need to get to making her ASAP. We need more She-ra. And by Catwoman I mean in popularity.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #1040
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

The Skely bust is looking good here, seems to have a ton of presence. Shame it wasn't at the Sideshow con

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote