Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-17-2021, 11:52 AM   #961
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Here's the response I got back from Sideshow about the higher shipping cost for the Evo set:

Looking at the order I am seeing that it is an extra $44.52 in shipping for the Evolution set, most likely due to an oversized shipping charge. Though there is a price difference between ordering the Evolution set which has an SRP of $2,700.00 vs purchasing them individually which comes out to a total of $2,800 before taxes and shipping. By ordering the Evolution set your saving around $50.00.

Not sure I fully understand the explanation. My Evo set is coming in 3 different boxes with 3 different UPS tracking numbers, just as they would be if ordered individually. Are they saying because I saved $100 by ordering the set, that's why I get charged more for shipping??? How would UPS know it's the set versus 3 individual statues??? As far as UPS is concerned it's 3 boxes of the same size either way.
UPS does not go by actual weight, they go by dimensional weight.

The dimensional weight of a package is calculated by taking the length x height x width of a package and then dividing that number by a denominator called the dim factor.

You received three tracking numbers for three boxes, but UPS will see it as one shipment with a greater dimensional weight.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:54 PM   #962
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
UPS does not go by actual weight, they go by dimensional weight.

The dimensional weight of a package is calculated by taking the length x height x width of a package and then dividing that number by a denominator called the dim factor.

You received three tracking numbers for three boxes, but UPS will see it as one shipment with a greater dimensional weight.
That is not true :| I don't ship stuff too much for work but I have on occassion, they ask for the number of packages and do not just calculate it as one huge thing with a combined dimensional weight. If it would they would charge some of our shipments for being the size of a damn house :| They also ask for individual cost of each package for "insurance" (declared value) purposes.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 02:44 PM   #963
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
That is not true :| I don't ship stuff too much for work but I have on occassion, they ask for the number of packages and do not just calculate it as one huge thing with a combined dimensional weight. If it would they would charge some of our shipments for being the size of a damn house :| They also ask for individual cost of each package for "insurance" (declared value) purposes.
Even if it is true, the point I was trying to make was why the difference in shipping costs when you order the Evo set versus ordering the statues individually under the same order (i.e. they're all together in your cart at checkout)? It should still be the same dimensions over 3 boxes. Yet there is almost a $50 difference in shipping cost. Unless SS splits carts with multiple items into their own order numbers? I've never ordered multiple in-stock items from SS at the same time, so I can't speak to that. I've only ever done pre-orders.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:44 PM   #964
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Even if it is true, the point I was trying to make was why the difference in shipping costs when you order the Evo set versus ordering the statues individually under the same order (i.e. they're all together in your cart at checkout)?
I know, I was the one who originally brought it up!
Old 02-17-2021, 10:42 PM   #965
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

My Evo set came in today in 3 separate boxes and 3 UPS tracking numbers.....i was hoping it came in one outer Evo EX art box so that would explain the extra SH charge but no. So ye i dont understand the extra charge. Only thing i can think of for the extra charge is for the Decapre EX light up feature and the prints
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:23 PM   #966
dao2
Cyclops

I would just keep bugging ss about it, there isn't a good reason shipping is higher :|
Old 02-18-2021, 03:52 AM   #967
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
My Evo set came in today in 3 separate boxes and 3 UPS tracking numbers.....i was hoping it came in one outer Evo EX art box so that would explain the extra SH charge but no. So ye i dont understand the extra charge. Only thing i can think of for the extra charge is for the Decapre EX light up feature and the prints
Awesome. Do you think you can show some pictures of it when you get a chance? Wanted to see how they all looked from different angles. Especially the Alpha one.

I didn't know they were coming in that fast. Congrats!

Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:03 AM   #968
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Nice, would love to see some pics of Killer Bee.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:32 PM   #969
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Portraits really well done with crisp paint apps....good shading and makeup....skin has freckles effect....looks really good up close...decapre eyes have good gloss but not the other 2....easy fix.

Looks like the gorillas at Team UPS won the superbowl with two of my boxes....one has a through and through hole but contents OK....all had black corner protectors but were useless against Team UPS....no foam layers between the artbox and mailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218_161653.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	137067   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218_162531.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	137068   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218_182201.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	137069   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218_143924.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	137070  
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:20 PM   #970
dao2
Cyclops

Definitely would never use decapre without the mask.... the scar tissue looks like poorly applied makeup effects :|