Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-10-2021, 09:24 AM   #101
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
It would have been my first Prime 1 Statue... but not for $1300... I was expecting a 800/900 price.... Besides, they only gave us 6 installments rather than 8 or 9.... It gives you an idea of what the new predator will cost with all the details and lighting... I will be surprised if it is less than $2500
When was the last time Prime 1 had a 1/3 scale statue retail at $800 USD? I’ve been buying Prime 1 pieces for 6 years now and I think the lowest that an Ex has been priced at is at least $899.99 USD. And that was 6 years ago, though more recently they have had a piece here and there priced at that level but they’ve been rare.

Even a few years ago the lowest pricing for most 1/3 scales have been around $1,049, and more recently $1,200 has been the going price.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #102
Foreverdusting
Frackin!

Wow, so much negativity! She looks stunning in the new in-hand video! The promotional pictures don't do it justice. Order placed!
Foreverdusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #103
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverdusting View Post
Wow, so much negativity! She looks stunning in the new in-hand video! The promotional pictures don't do it justice. Order placed!
Yeah it looks much better in motion in the new video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP7weeTBhom/
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #104
chronos1919
Nightwing

It looks good in the new video it just doesn't look as much like Linda Carter as it should. They need to tweak the sculpt a bit more, reduce the height of the tiara, and shorten the length of the next as has been pointed out.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:26 AM   #105
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Yup was coming here to say that! Those promotional pictures are not great at all. Is it 100% now? No. But it is much closer. Probably going to order this.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:24 AM   #106
Y3E
Gen 13

Looks very good in video. I've been saving my reward points for something good and this will do nicely, so I hope SS sells this.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:25 AM   #107
Foreverdusting
Frackin!

I think this will be a sleeper hit, watch people go nuts when it goes to waitlist. As for the price, not sure why the complaints, 1/3 prime are pretty much always in this ballpark recently.
Foreverdusting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:36 AM   #108
Exorcist
Hydra

PO'd! Hoping for a full reveal this weekend
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #109
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Easy buy. Now give me Christopher Reeve.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:05 PM   #110
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
I think this will be a sleeper hit, watch people go nuts when it goes to waitlist. As for the price, not sure why the complaints, 1/3 prime are pretty much always in this ballpark recently.
Maybe because the figure itself is simple and the base it is on it's quite minimalist.

The JL WW was on a ginormous base, had a fabric element, and had a switch out upper body complete with a second portrait...all priced the same as this.

That represents a downscaling in value, far outpacing any cost of inflation.

If someone thinks the value is there for them with this piece, good for them I guess.

I also agree that people will probably be surprised with how quickly this sells out. I'm sure it will have a lower ES, and I think there is pent up demand for this property in a decent larger scale which no one has filled yet.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote