Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #21
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
gotta keep arod...no question ...but we can argue this all day...lol
I agree. A no-brainer IMO. It's like asking if you should have marry Eva Mendes or let her go and marry another guy because she doesn't put out in October. Well not exactly but you get the point.

If he opts out and trys to get 35, 40 mil then let him walk - But give him his 10 year $300 extension and call it a day. If you have one of the 3 best players in baseball on your team you have to do everything possible to keep him there.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #22
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I agree. A no-brainer IMO. It's like asking if you should have marry Eva Mendes or let her go and marry another guy because she doesn't put out in October. Well not exactly but you get the point.
Nice Analogy

Quote:
If he opts out and trys to get 35, 40 mil then let him walk - But give him his 10 year $300 extension and call it a day. If you have one of the 3 best players in baseball on your team you have to do everything possible to keep him there.
Might as well, the Mets already have Wright and Reyes.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #23
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:

But that's the thing..... he's not taking an extension... Boras won't let him do that ... & that's where the Yankees will take a big hit... I'm sure Texas can't wait to stop paying A-Rod for playing for the Yankees.... & do you really want to pay a 42 year old $30 million??? who know how he'll be playing then
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #24
risingstar
Jedi Order

A-Rod's agent is actually asking for a half a billion dollar contract... A half a billion!!
I'm astounded at how these agents think team owners in general have this money to blow.

The Yankees ownership (and Red Sox, if I'm to be fair) have totally ruined the sport of baseball for me. If I had in my way, I'd kick those two teams out of the MLB and let them fight it out amongst themselves and bring an element of fun back in the game and get rid of the stacked deck effect. Either that or bring in a salary cap. Better yet, make it an incentive driven sport. Stop rewarding mediocrity. Stop paying players for what they used to be able to do. If the players complain, let them find another job where there could ask for a half a billion. What a joke. Most of the teams in the MLB serve no purpose other than to supply wins in the Yankees and Red Sox' column.

My kids will never know what baseball once was...
Cryin' shame, I tells ya.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #25
stormshadow75x

Just wanted to add...

BRIAN CASHMAN has stated that if A-ROD opts out they will not be getting involved in pursuing him as a free agent

Now who actually thinks Boras will not push A-Rod to opt out????
Old 10-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #26
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
Just wanted to add...

BRIAN CASHMAN has stated that if A-ROD opts out they will not be getting involved in pursuing him as a free agent

Now who actually thinks Boras will not push A-Rod to opt out????
he'll lay a few cookie crumbs to make the general public and owners to think that's the case, but it's AROD decision, and he's a very smart man. he knows that NY is the only place where he can make that kind of money, plus once you add the money he'll make in endorsements, it'll be ridiculous, to NOT re-sign.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:21 PM   #27
stormshadow75x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car50n View Post
he'll lay a few cookie crumbs to make the general public and owners to think that's the case, but it's AROD decision, and he's a very smart man. he knows that NY is the only place where he can make that kind of money, plus once you add the money he'll make in endorsements, it'll be ridiculous, to NOT re-sign.
If he's that smart, why the hell did he decide to go to TEXAS when he had a chance to go to NEW YORK with the METS after they just finished going to the World Series????

He didn't think about the endorsements and all that...

He went for the money & he'll do it again
Old 10-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #28
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
If he's that smart, why the hell did he decide to go to TEXAS when he had a chance to go to NEW YORK with the METS after they just finished going to the World Series????

He didn't think about the endorsements and all that...

He went for the money & he'll do it again
you are obsessed!!! lol

do you want to make a bet stays with the yankees?
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 AM   #29
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
you are obsessed!!! lol

I think Alex has learned his lesson. I think he will take the 30, maybe 32 mill for 5, 6 years and be happy. The Yankees are going to give him his money. Boras is just bluffing the Yanks to bid against themselves. Boras as delusional as he is knows Alex isn't going to get that 10 year 500 mil contract. I don't think he's going anywhere. If he opts out it's because he doesn't want to be in NY anymore. He knows the Yanks need that Texas money. We'll see how this plays out.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #30
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
you are obsessed!!! lol

Boras is a scumbucket so he will get his client to opt out.

Of course, Steinbrenner is the ultimate scumbucket so those two might get along.

The Yankees should just try signing a few more all-stars and boost the payroll to $300 million to see if they can get out of the 1st round.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote