Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-27-2021, 04:49 AM   #291
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw4846 View Post
Got a picture of how you placed the spear that you could post? I can’t get it to set on base anything like some of the pictures I’ve seen.
Yeah, for the life of me I could not get it to stay the way ETW has it pictured. Thinking about drilling a small hole in the base for it to key into... or just setting it into place with museum putty.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:46 AM   #292
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yeah, for the life of me I could not get it to stay the way ETW has it pictured. Thinking about drilling a small hole in the base for it to key into... or just setting it into place with museum putty.
I had to work with it a while to find a spot that looked "close enough" to the original sculpt (which actually had 2 spears in a "V" on either side of Cheetah's back leg) while also contributing positively to the overall composition.

I found success resting it between the upright back column piece and Cheetah's outer ankle if I turned the spear just right so the sculpted streamer actually was used to provide some extra support nesting into one of the recessed areas of the column. I had to roughly position it and then rotate it a few times for it to find a natural fit like this.

The blunt end just rests between column ruins where they meet.

With gentle handling it stays in place, but it did have to be repositioned a few times during my turnaround photos - especially if Cheetah's body moved ever so slightly when I was changing heads for each angle.
ETW_Curator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:47 AM   #293
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Some Cheetah pics:

ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:07 AM   #294
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW_Curator View Post
I had to work with it a while to find a spot that looked "close enough" to the original sculpt (which actually had 2 spears in a "V" on either side of Cheetah's back leg) while also contributing positively to the overall composition.

I found success resting it between the upright back column piece and Cheetah's outer ankle if I turned the spear just right so the sculpted streamer actually was used to provide some extra support nesting into one of the recessed areas of the column. I had to roughly position it and then rotate it a few times for it to find a natural fit like this.

The blunt end just rests between column ruins where they meet.

With gentle handling it stays in place, but it did have to be repositioned a few times during my turnaround photos - especially if Cheetah's body moved ever so slightly when I was changing heads for each angle.
I just couldn't get it to stay, so I ended up placing it here. I think it works, considering the way the sash is molded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	165703279_144512360833924_5640972049146240088_n.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	341.2 KB
ID:	138082  
Old 03-29-2021, 10:41 AM   #295
ETW_Curator
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I just couldn't get it to stay, so I ended up placing it here. I think it works, considering the way the sash is molded.
I like that position as well! I had tried it there too, but was nervous about using the leaf as a support since I'd be handling it so much for the turnaround photos.
ETW_Curator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:58 AM   #296
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW_Curator View Post
I like that position as well! I had tried it there too, but was nervous about using the leaf as a support since I'd be handling it so much for the turnaround photos.
All the leaves make me nervous lol! I figured out the best way to handle the piece is to grab it by the column under her left foot. Thumb in front, and fingers wrapped around between the column and her right leg. Works perfectly. Obviously not with the spear in place though
Old 03-29-2021, 11:12 AM   #297
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Seeing that spear kind of reminds me of the full-size Bowen statue of the Sub-Mariner.

That had some random seashell thing from what I remember that didn’t have a spot it just kind of had to be laid down somewhere on the base (I no longer own the statue so I’m not exactly sure what was there but I think it was some random seashell thing). There wasn’t any kind a hole to plug it in with and it was kind of like” well where does this go?”

I think I mentioned this before I do think it’s funny that the Cheetah came with a spear considering on the original art design for Donna Troy they had her holding a spear but that ended up getting nixed.

So far any of the photos that I’ve seen with the spear and where someone has placed it has looked very good
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:27 AM   #298
grphyx1
Kingpin

This is how I have the broken spear

grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:42 AM   #299
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:12 AM   #300
grphyx1