Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-02-2023, 01:01 AM   #401
Mik3BD
Doh!

First time (I think) posting here.

I received the statue today, unboxed and checked everything, and started putting it together.

For the life of me I cannot get by the first instruction as the Hydra coiling around WW won't seat correctly. I've been at it for hours, and watched a few videos where dudes just slot it right in.

For those of you who have it, did you have any problems with that first step? Is it possible mine's defective?

Something else I just noticed (hence the edit), her head is already painted black where other people are having "bald spots."
Mik3BD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 03:16 AM   #402
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

It is possible you have a defective one. Make sure you are sliding it in right, pay attention to the round key part about half way along the hydra that is lines up with the back rock.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:02 AM   #403
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik3BD View Post

I received the statue today, unboxed and checked everything, and started putting it together.

For the life of me I cannot get by the first instruction as the Hydra coiling around WW won't seat correctly. I've been at it for hours, and watched a few videos where dudes just slot it right in.

For those of you who have it, did you have any problems with that first step? Is it possible mine's defective?

Something else I just noticed (hence the edit), her head is already painted black where other people are having "bald spots."
Did you check you tube? Also they may have listened about the hair space i was just gonna double side tape it anyways ..post pics when you get her up and running but yeah I’d look at you tube and see how they are assembled if possible I went on the waitlist for the exclusive and it converted so I have it on flex
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:07 AM   #404
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik3BD View Post

Anytime I have had issues with a part struggling to key in I find taking heat (in my case a heat gun) to blow hot air warms it and helps slide in.

If it is simply not setting right then I'd be worried.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:35 AM   #405
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Anytime I have had issues with a part struggling to key in I find taking heat (in my case a heat gun) to blow hot air warms it and helps slide in.

If it is simply not setting right then I'd be worried.
The piece he is talking about is too large for that to work I think.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:54 AM   #406
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Too large, you say?

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:23 PM   #407
Mik3BD
Doh!

Thank you for your responses. I wrote out a long update including embedded pictures and then was told it was forbidden because it is a new post which contained either too many URLs or forbidden words.

Now I'm trying to start over, hitting the Preview Post button repeatedly and keep getting the same message even though I'm not including any URLs, and to the best of my knowledge, am not invoking any demons through the use of forbidden terms. But once I get into the details it is locking me out again.

Long story short, it is now set up with some concessions. It is not seated perfectly, but it is completely stable. You have to know what you are looking for to see how it is not perfectly seated, which unfortunately, I know what to look for.
Mik3BD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:41 PM   #408
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Heat works on all of them. Best I've found is a space heater on low. Start with the piece far away, barely getting hit and let time and patience do its thing. Keep checking it. GENTLE HEAT!
Works every time.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 04:35 PM   #409
Skafte
Frackin!

Finally some movement here from Sideshow after delays on delays, they'll charge for this next week and the expected shipment date is within 10 days so I suppose I'll have this in hand in two weeks or so.
Skafte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 01:50 PM   #410
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skafte View Post
Finally some movement here from Sideshow after delays on delays, they'll charge for this next week and the expected shipment date is within 10 days so I suppose I'll have this in hand in two weeks or so.
Same with me! Happy to get this before the leaves all fall off the trees! Get some beautiful fall outdoor pictures!
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote