Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 08-19-2006, 04:44 AM   #1
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

About Moore black Cat...

Hey, folks! Just wanna know how many Blackcat statues has Mr.Moore sculpted before?
Saw a Blackcat in my LCS today and I recoganized it as a Moore's sculpture, but it was produced by DST and limited 5000, I like it a lot and it's gonna be $150 after tax, is that a reasonal price for this piece? I know some of you must have this piece, how do you all think?
And looks like this piece got a variant out there as Retro Blackcat, anyone got photos for that one?
Expanding my collection with more female sculpts... I'll appreciate any feedback.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
dspiry
Doh!

The regular retail price for that piece is $150 and I believe this 2 are the only time Moore has sculpted a Blackcat. So your not getting a deal but consider you do get to see what you are buying, so I think that's a sweet deal there. I have the Black cat regular I bought thru ebay supposely new for around $80 dollars so I got lucky I think. It is a beautiful piece you will love it. I think I will eventually get the Retro too. Here is the picture of the retro version.
<p>
<center><bold>Blackcat Retro Ver</bold></center>
<center></center>
dspiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #3
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspiry
The regular retail price for that piece is $150 and I believe this 2 are the only time Moore has sculpted a Blackcat. So your not getting a deal but consider you do get to see what you are buying, so I think that's a sweet deal there. I have the Black cat regular I bought thru ebay supposely new for around $80 dollars so I got lucky I think. It is a beautiful piece you will love it. I think I will eventually get the Retro too. Here is the picture of the retro version.
<p>
<center><bold>Blackcat Retro Ver</bold></center>
<center></center>
Thanks for the info, man! I'll go get this piece since Moore has done such a great job on Blackcat.
And for the Retro Black cat, everything is perfect but those fur.. Love the hair sculpt better, and the color of her outfit is very nice, only if those fur are part of sculpt....
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #4
Bowen-Maniac
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I am still try to find a retro black cat myself.
Bowen-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
Barbarian
Jedi Order

You can find great deals on the bay for this one, and I for one think it's among the best female comic anatomies of any statue in the biz. I was lucky enough to find a great low number, and even get it signed by Clayburn at SDCC. I would highly recommend adding this piece to your collection.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:52 PM   #6
bat_collector
Galactus

I love love love this piece. Have the retro version, only way to go for me.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Very nice statue. Anyone who doesn't have this should pick it up. Emma frost too....
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:29 PM   #8
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
I love love love this piece. Have the retro version, only way to go for me.
Wha she said! An Amazing piece!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #9
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971
Very nice statue. Anyone who doesn't have this should pick it up. Emma frost too....
Good point. Emma is another great example of what Clay can do with a Marvel character. I actually have #1 of the modern version, signed of course. I really wish he'd do more marvelous Marvel characters. Say for instance Spiral or Rogue or Storm or Mystique...
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:09 PM   #10
JSeals
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian
Good point. Emma is another great example of what Clay can do with a Marvel character. I actually have #1 of the modern version, signed of course. I really wish he'd do more marvelous Marvel characters. Say for instance Spiral or Rogue or Storm or Mystique...
He was supposed to do the Rogue and She-Hulk statues for DST, but he didn't. There were also supposed to be a couple more dioramas done for DF too.
JSeals is offline   Reply With Quote