Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Neil that is really cool
Congrat!!!
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #12
Primal
Batman

Awesome Neil! Congrats amigo.

If Stan Lee uses AOL then it cant be all bad.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #13
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Man, I'm so thrilled to be posting this! Thanks to Max (redspider), who is easily one of the most generous guys I've ever known, Stan "the Man" Lee recently signed my Stan Lee Pernatar! (the same image as the one in my signature between Domino and Rockslide) WOW! I can't wait to take Tony Perna's exquisite original art and this way-cool photograph of The Man and get them framed together! No Wal-Mart frames for these two treasures, no sir! -- I may have to find some kind of crystal display!

I can't express how grateful I am to Tony Perna for doing such a phenomenal job on my Stan Lee Pernatar. And the same goes for Max, who -- not once but twice -- has done such an incredible favor for this humble Southern boy, who probably will never have the good fortune to be in the same room as Stan Lee, much less have a chance to ask for his autograph.

Tony and Max: You guys rock unbelievably hard. I owe you guys BIG-TIME!

(Any time you guys want a print of "Chrome Faucet Kitchen Sink Man with Cosmic Scrubbing Bubbles" signed by me, just let me know! )

Your very welcome Neil. That was one of my favorite Pernatars to draw. I'm flattered that Stan held it in his hands and signed it.

But I'll do you one better.

Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
Your very welcome Neil. That was one of my favorite Pernatars to draw. I'm flattered that Stan held it in his hands and signed it.
But I'll do you one better.
You better explain to everybody the deal with this one, Tony. They may think that's the same Pernatar I requested.
But it's not, folks! Tony has a fantastic story to tell, but he's keeping y'all in suspense for the moment.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #15
Avenger
Galactus

Quote:
You better explain to everybody the deal with this one, Tony. They may think that's the same Pernatar I requested.
But it's not, folks! Tony has a fantastic story to tell, but he's keeping y'all in suspense for the moment.
I know the story.

I really do hope that this pans out for Tony. He deserves it.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #16
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
Too true. Lets clear it up. The Pernatar that Stan is holding is the one that I did for rilynil way back when he requested it. That one is going back to rilynil signed by me and Stan. The one that I'm holding is a second Stan Lee Pernatar that Stan Lee requested himself. Seems he liked the Pernatar so much that he asked redspider to contact me and ask if I could draw up another one. Stan also wants to use that image in his future projects as part of the promotional image. How can I say no to Stan Lee? I drew one up (the one I'm holding) and it should be mailed out this week to him. I'm still blown away by this.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #17
Alex655321

That is amazing news Tony
Thanks for sharing the story with us not in the know
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #18
rychehitman
Galactus

Perna rocks!

I hope you are getting paid every time he uses that image!!!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #19
rilynil

I don't know who I'm happier for: me or Tony! Well, I think it's me! Um, no, I'm happier for Tony. Err, well now, I think it's me! No, no, I'm probably much happier for Tony. Nope, it's definitely ME!

Well, I just know I'm happy for both of us. Yay!

rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #20
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
Too true. Lets clear it up. The Pernatar that Stan is holding is the one that I did for rilynil way back when he requested it. That one is going back to rilynil signed by me and Stan. The one that I'm holding is a second Stan Lee Pernatar that Stan Lee requested himself. Seems he liked the Pernatar so much that he asked redspider to contact me and ask if I could draw up another one. Stan also wants to use that image in his future projects as part of the promotional image. How can I say no to Stan Lee? I drew one up (the one I'm holding) and it should be mailed out this week to him. I'm still blown away by this.
DUDE THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

MAJOR MAJOR CONGRATS !!!!
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote