Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 01-09-2023, 08:33 AM   #121
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Loved Jamall Williams after the game. "...And another thing, stop playing us, man,” Williams continued. “We the Detroit Lions, we the Detroit Lions, stop playing with us and I don’t even watch TV but I heard everybody already picked the Packers over us. Stop playing with us, that’s all I got to say, man. Don’t let these tears fool you, this all dawg around this mug. I’m good.”

I'm not sleeping on the Lions. The Bears can be the NFC punching bag from here on out. Maybe even the Packers if Rodgers retires. Detroit is on the come-up at the right time. The Lions are about to be like the rest of the Detroit teams who take on Detroit vs Everybody mantra.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 09:57 AM   #122
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
For Lions fans, that was our Super Bowl this season...very satisfying to knock out the Packers and that smug bastard Rodgers. This sign in the crowd was priceless
great game, way to end the season

as much as i dont care for rodgers i do kind of feel for him, if what ends up being the last pass of his career is an interception
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 12:19 PM   #123
AC_808
Hercules

Did you see Rodgers get emotional in the tunnel after the game walking with Cobb? He even pulled the camera guy to put the camera behind him so that the camera couldn't show his face. Man, you get the sense that was his last game there.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 02:01 PM   #124
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Rodgers also wouldn’t trade jerseys with Jamaal Williams. He said he wanted to keep it.

I thought for sure once Adams left at the beginning of the season, he would have retired. I think this season was just long and painful for him, but he got a glimmer of hope during the run. IMO, getting smashed around by the Lions, hurting his hand again, and losing the game was enough. He and Cobb may go out together and it would be fitting and sweet.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 02:15 PM   #125
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

All for the Lions win helping get the Hawks in...49ers are going to be tough though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this year is the last we see Rodgers and Brady playing.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 03:42 PM   #126
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

While I would prefer this to be his last game , I think Rodgers comes back. He can still play at a high level, he's got a lot of money left on his contract (would get $59 million for the 2023 season), his rookie WRs will be a year better, and he probably wouldn't like going out on this note anyway.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 05:01 PM   #127
qz33
Rescue

People always want to look for more than what is in front of their eyes.
He's said so many times could be, could not be his last game. Not only his decision and he knows it.
Plus he knows how to play it up; he wants better help and things more his way.

Sure if things go his way, he's coming back. Just like with Brady people don't get it. It's not about money made or money to be or what else he could be doing it's about the significance. If you believe you could do it and go all the way you come back because once it ends, really ends not the end of season retirements, there's no coming back. You don't quit thinking there's still enough in the tank to get you there.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 05:48 PM   #128
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
You don't quit thinking there's still enough in the tank to get you there.
Agreed, it's very difficult to let go of that competitive drive, especially if you've been doing it at the highest level for many years. Rodgers said as much in his postgame presser...something else would have to fill that void, or at least attempt to.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 06:20 PM   #129
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Agreed, it's very difficult to let go of that competitive drive, especially if you've been doing it at the highest level for many years. Rodgers said as much in his postgame presser...something else would have to fill that void, or at least attempt to.
Even more than competition nothing can fill the achievement, the significance of the closest thing to going to actual war with the guys every year and the ATTENTION of millions watching.

If Tom Brady's wife really left him because he wanted to keep playing for as long as he can she was blind to her own selfishness.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 08:06 PM   #130
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Exactly what I thought would happen in the second half...son of a...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote