Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-03-2023, 06:12 PM   #421
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Damn, that looks so good.

If they could guarantee that prototype quality I wouldn't mind paying in full today for the set.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:30 PM   #422
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This would shine even brighter in 1/2 scale.
That is a great idea QZ! IT MUST BE DONE!

this is the way ...
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:41 PM   #423
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
I don't see what more this could be but I am not wowed. What do you see missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Really? I can't imagine a better '89 Batman.

I am very picky these days too though.
I guess what I?m looking for is a more streamlined suit like the Returns suit. I love the 89 Bats but it looks better in the shadows than in full light IMO.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 12:30 AM   #424
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I guess what I?m looking for is a more streamlined suit like the Returns suit. I love the 89 Bats but it looks better in the shadows than in full light IMO.
Yeah that part right there is the rub isn't it?

This statue has everything. Checks all the boxes. Can't imagine anything being better. Don't believe the portrait could be done any better by a human being.

But it doesn't make me want it, not in a must have spare no expense kinda way like so many other statues do.

The pose is so bland it looks like an un-posed action figure BUT what could be better?? I can't come up with anything. Something dynamic and it is unauthentic to the movie a la the infamous Sideshow headturn.

This statue needs atmosphere and environment to shine. A properly lit display and background are mandatory. Otherwise it looks like it belongs in the movie's own armory room. And for that it might as well be 1/2 scale.

They better nail painting the portrait because nothing else will require much paint work.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:44 AM   #425
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Don't believe the portrait could be done any better by a human being.
So you're telling me there's a chance?

Spoiler
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:28 AM   #426
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Yeah that part right there is the rub isn't it?

This statue has everything. Checks all the boxes. Can't imagine anything being better. Don't believe the portrait could be done any better by a human being.

But it doesn't make me want it, not in a must have spare no expense kinda way like so many other statues do.

The pose is so bland it looks like an un-posed action figure BUT what could be better?? I can't come up with anything. Something dynamic and it is unauthentic to the movie a la the infamous Sideshow headturn.

This statue needs atmosphere and environment to shine. A properly lit display and background are mandatory. Otherwise it looks like it belongs in the movie's own armory room. And for that it might as well be 1/2 scale.

They better nail painting the portrait because nothing else will require much paint work.
Controversy - in coming.

While I disagree with your sentiments towards the quality of the prototype, there's no denying the fact that it's certainly a high standard.

I do agree with your point that - overall, the execution is definitely lacking that - special something....

I'm wondering if the issue is twofold.

#1) We're not wowed by hyper realism at this point, perhaps it's even expected for movie pieces. Considering what the "standard" is these days - silicone, rooted hair, glass eyes....seeing this from Prime1, might seem underwhelming in comparison. Seeing sculpted hair on a hyper real piece seems like a step backwards (to me). Add to that, an undercurrent of mistrust for Prime1/Blitzway to deliver anything close to what we're discussing - and you've got all the ingredients for a lead balloon event....

#2) it's painfully obvious Prime1 are copying JND's unique strategy to offer Batman and Bruce Wayne as seperate figures. However, as is usual when you're a follower and not an innovator - you miss the "surprise" factor that grabbed fans when JND first did it.....now it's like "oh, I see what you did there" - - it's cute rather than sexy.

#3) honourable mention: maybe some subject matter is just not suited to the medium of statues / figures. I mean, you can sculpt a hyper real cow eating grass in the field - I'm sure that's not exciting either.

Add in rising costs, scam shipping, wait times - and the aforementioned quality roulette.....and yeah, it's no wonder you're not excited.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:25 AM   #427
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Theres no denying that P1 more often drops the ball when it comes to quality of their production pieces, yet certain ones (like the recent Predator 1:3) are of better quality. I think they realize that this is the first Keaton Bats done at this scale, that fans were begging for. Definitely will get a better treatment/factory. One thing that would worry me would be the fact that the ES is going to be astronomical for this, and QC might suffer. So yeah, probably just wait and see...

Also, i think that once they get enough preorders in, they will pull typical prime 1 thing, and announce Returns costume at the next(or maybe second next) showcase.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 10:58 AM   #428
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Given how popular Keaton's Batman is with Batman fans, it's highly likely P1/Bliztway will make sure they deliver the best 89 Batman statue EVER......
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 12:12 PM   #429
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Given how popular Keaton's Batman is with Batman fans, it's highly likely P1/Bliztway will make sure they deliver the best 89 Batman statue EVER......
I guess there wasn't much excitment for Heath Ledger then, and absolutely nobody cared about Linda Carter Wonder Woman.....and given the relative success of Game of Thrones there's probably not much Buzz for Daenerys Targaryen.....

Prime1 has proven time and time again, that "fandom buzz" isn't going to do a damn thing to make them change their production and QC processes. Once you pre-order, the deal is done.

However, I can already tell I'm getting on my soapbox and being a killjoy - so, let's wait and see if this will be THE piece to buck the trend.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:36 PM   #430
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I guess there wasn't much excitment for Heath Ledger then, and absolutely nobody cared about Linda Carter Wonder Woman.....and given the relative success of Game of Thrones there's probably not much Buzz for Daenerys Targaryen.....

Prime1 has proven time and time again, that "fandom buzz" isn't going to do a damn thing to make them change their production and QC processes. Once you pre-order, the deal is done.

However, I can already tell I'm getting on my soapbox and being a killjoy - so, let's wait and see if this will be THE piece to buck the trend.
Very true, unfortunately.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote