Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2020, 06:17 PM   #91
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Looking forward to seeing the full reveal, figured folks would be divided about the looks, hope the teaser means at 9am they will show the whole statue. Really loved how Jean looks, and mark newman making this one I hope looks just as great.

But everyone new this was gonna be the jim lee Storm, the flood of hating will begin and continue upon full reveal
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:24 PM   #92
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Hopefully they are blessed with your glorious knowledge oh chosen one.
Ok Virgil.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:40 PM   #93
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
If the cape is fabric, which I'm sure it will be, I hope they're smarter than what they did to Emma Frost where her cape doesn't match the color of the body suit at all.
Jesus. I had forgotten about that. Just another reason to avoid white....which they won’t do....and I fear they will put more grey in her hair to not have so much white all over the piece.

Prove me all wrong, Sideshow. All it takes is the suit to be silver
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:48 PM   #94
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Jesus. I had forgotten about that. Just another reason to avoid white....which they won’t do....and I fear they will put more grey in her hair to not have so much white all over the piece.

Prove me all wrong, Sideshow. All it takes is the suit to be silver
Yeah, that’s what XM did to offset the white. I think it came down to the tornado already being grey, so the costume white, and her hair was too grey. I get it, but No. I’d prefer silver costume here as well.

I’m just glad the cape looks like it’s done correctly on this one because that first PF’s cape wasn’t quite right. I like that statue but the cape has always been annoying.

The XM cape gets criticized for the chains but after I wrapped mine around her wrists they’re not distracting at all.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:12 PM   #95
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yea I don’t notice the chains. The heels don’t bother me either since depending on who was drawing the feet she had them at time.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:14 PM   #96
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah, that’s what XM did to offset the white. I think it came down to the tornado already being grey, so the costume white, and her hair was too grey. I get it, but No. I’d prefer silver costume here as well.

I’m just glad the cape looks like it’s done correctly on this one because that first PF’s cape wasn’t quite right. I like that statue but the cape has always been annoying.

The XM cape gets criticized for the chains but after I wrapped mine around her wrists they’re not distracting at all.
I liked the first cape because it reminded me of Byrne's version, where it can grow to an ungodly size but I'm good with whatever this version is. I just want it fabric so I can position it anyway I want.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #97
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Again I don't get the reason why the cape cannot be sculpted. While I know it's a difference in scale, the Koto 1/6 scale Storm which is a recent release in the past few years, had a sculpted cape and there was definitely no concern for any breakage in the arms/back. I had this piece for a while before I sold all my 1/6 pieces to upgrade to 1/4, and it was great. Cape was sculpted into the body and arms. Heck I think everything was 1 piece except for the switchout portraits.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:43 PM   #98
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Again I don't get the reason why the cape cannot be sculpted. While I know it's a difference in scale, the Koto 1/6 scale Storm which is a recent release in the past few years, had a sculpted cape and there was definitely no concern for any breakage in the arms/back. I had this piece for a while before I sold all my 1/6 pieces to upgrade to 1/4, and it was great. Cape was sculpted into the body and arms. Heck I think everything was 1 piece except for the switchout portraits.

Agree wholeheartedly. There are lighter materials these days that statue companies can use or have used for capes. I wish SSC would attempt to use some of these. I personally am not a fan of the fabric capes anymore.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:07 PM   #99
Atlantisatdawn
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I agree with you, fabric caps are not necessary anymore, I wonder if it's cheaper for sideshow to keep using fabric?
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:20 PM   #100
MgMorden
Frackin!

It's a potential buy from me on this one depending on how the final version looks. Fabric cape is a no-go for me, and no black costume. I grew up on 90's X-Men Animated Series - to me Storm's proper outfit is the white one.
MgMorden is offline   Reply With Quote