Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #121
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I'd be surprised if we don't see Killer Croc...he's not quite A-list, but I'd say he's top tier B-list.
I love how Bats and Spidey fight so many "monsters" and a Killer Croc from Tweeterhead would look amazing. Also like Blindzider said, a good Ra's al Ghul statue would be great. My favorite is Freeze but Ra's may be Batman's greatest villain.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:29 PM   #122
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I want to see how contemporary they are willing to get. Right now the most recent character is Harley and she's nearly 30 years old. Bane would be just barely more recent, Red Hood (in that form) and Hush are much more so. Professor Pyg would make an awesome statue too, selling might be a different matter.

If this isn't SuperPowers anymore, let's break from strictly Silver and Bronze age.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:24 PM   #123
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I love how Bats and Spidey fight so many "monsters" and a Killer Croc from Tweeterhead would look amazing. Also like Blindzider said, a good Ra's al Ghul statue would be great. My favorite is Freeze but Ra's may be Batman's greatest villain.
I can hear the jimmies rustlin' from here.

Solomon Grundy is another monster type character I'd like to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I want to see how contemporary they are willing to get. Right now the most recent character is Harley and she's nearly 30 years old. Bane would be just barely more recent, Red Hood (in that form) and Hush are much more so. Professor Pyg would make an awesome statue too, selling might be a different matter.

If this isn't SuperPowers anymore, let's break from strictly Silver and Bronze age.
I think Punchline would sell well.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 06:12 AM   #124
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Hopefully they're able to follow through on their "Bowen of DC" plan and give us a bunch of them.
I think that’s over since the 2.0 line started. Lesser known characters were hard to sell at $225-$250. Don’t think more detailed at $350 will sell much better. More likely to see them make the same characters Sideshow’s been doing.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:49 AM   #125
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do have faith that we will see some B and possibly C level characters from Tweeterhead but I don’t think that Tweeterhead is going to go “full out Bowen” with statue character releases. Now I genuinely think that Chad would love to do that but when it comes right down to it it’s all about the money and if people aren’t purchasing then as a businessman he just can’t go in that route I would think.

I doubt that this would happen because I do believe he did say he has no interest in pursuing this format but if you remember a lot of the characters that Bowen did were in mini bust form and never made it to full statue form. I do not believe that Chad has the desire to do mini busts unless they’re along the lines of the one Masters of the universe character that he released and that was far from a mini bust. Now do any companies produce mini busts on a regular basis. I think that even when DC collectibles was around they stopped producing mini busts.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #126
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'd be in for a DC 1/2 or 1/1 bust line.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #127
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I think that’s over since the 2.0 line started. Lesser known characters were hard to sell at $225-$250. Don’t think more detailed at $350 will sell much better. More likely to see them make the same characters Sideshow’s been doing.
Depends on sales of 2.0 line though, and so far they've been very good.

Also a big difference between trying to sell simplified Perez-era stuff and more modern versions with wider appeal. Perez Zatanna and top hat Zatanna aren't going to sell anywhere near the same.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:12 PM   #128
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Depends on sales of 2.0 line though, and so far they've been very good.

Also a big difference between trying to sell simplified Perez-era stuff and more modern versions with wider appeal. Perez Zatanna and top hat Zatanna aren't going to sell anywhere near the same.
I think it also depends on the character...I think anything Batman would sell well. Anything Superman...maybe not as well. I'd expect them to go pretty deep into the Batman world...that's going to be their bread and butter. That and the core JLA team.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #129
SDguy

Full reveal this Friday.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:59 PM   #130
BurningRage
Inhumans

So pre-order next week.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote