Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-08-2021, 05:01 PM   #681
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Holy flap. Ugh I'm in. Curse my easy male base brain. Some part of me will always be that 10-year old boy with a crush on Teela, Cheetara, Scarlett, and yes, Arcee.

Lady Jaye and Cover Girl weren't bad either.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:03 PM   #682
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Holy flap. Ugh I'm in. Curse my easy male base brain. Some part of me will always be that 10-year old boy with a crush on Teela, Cheetara, Scarlett, and yes, Arcee.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:07 PM   #683
DroidAssassin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Strange that the Reg & exclusive were supposed to be the same price, but Sideshow is charging a premium for the exclusive. Just another hit for international customers who have supported Tweeterhead & the MOTU line.

That aside Teela is breathtaking & a successful, bleary eyed 1.30 AM pre-order!
Keep up the great work Chad, Igo & the team.

Now bring on Sorceress!
DroidAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:09 PM   #684
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
it is a pickle. There are several more planned and with the talent that they have, I expect each piece to be spectacular
Imo every MOTU character has the potential to be great with the right art direction, sculpting and paints.

From a bad-ass looking Snout Spout to the gun-toting, Sci-fi Cowboy Rio-Blast.
majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:25 PM   #685
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Imo every MOTU character has the potential to be great with the right art direction, sculpting and paints.

From a bad-ass looking Snout Spout to the gun-toting, Sci-fi Cowboy Rio-Blast.
I agree with this, the basic fundamentals are there for every character to be fantastic and awesome with the right art direction and sculpt and paint. Even the ridiculous characters could be more bad-ass than goofy if done right.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:04 PM   #686
Otter
Justice League

This Teela seems to be a bit of a departure stylistically from Sideshow's run, and even Tweeterhead's Hordak (and Skeletor bust).

If this toy-inspired aesthetic continues I could see myself picking up more than just this one.

I'm curious if others see a tonal shift, or if it's just me. Maybe it's just because she's a good guy.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:59 PM   #687
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
This Teela seems to be a bit of a departure stylistically from Sideshow's run, and even Tweeterhead's Hordak (and Skeletor bust).

If this toy-inspired aesthetic continues I could see myself picking up more than just this one.

I'm curious if others see a tonal shift, or if it's just me. Maybe it's just because she's a good guy.
I can see the strong Stjepan Sejic design influence in them all, but Teela is the closest to a more classic look. This Teela straddles the line the most between cartoon and realistic designs... the others lean more towards a more realistic and modernized take.

So yes, I see it, but it doesn't bother me. This could be a problem for me with future characters. We will have to see what's in store.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:27 AM   #688
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post

I agree that Teela overlaps very nicely with her cartoon design while still maintaining a more realistic take. That's the perfect balance I was hoping for with this line and if that's their philosophy with the new She-Ra then she'll be an absolute homerun for me.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #689
MasterkillerWSW
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Some characters don't need much of an update to fit the more mature look, just more details. This is why Teelas look still fits the line perfectly in my opinion. Characters like Shadow Weaver and Catra would work the same way, just some more details and they would fit in 100%. Other more silly/goofy looking characters like Mantenna or Trap Jaw couldn't get away without some changes. They would look out of place indeed.
MasterkillerWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:07 PM   #690
Omegaplex
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterkillerWSW View Post
Some characters don't need much of an update to fit the more mature look, just more details. This is why Teelas look still fits the line perfectly in my opinion. Characters like Shadow Weaver and Catra would work the same way, just some more details and they would fit in 100%. Other more silly/goofy looking characters like Mantenna or Trap Jaw couldn't get away without some changes. They would look out of place indeed.
And I think that's why hordak looks a little more demonic, it adds a little bit of a realistic touch and an edge to what would otherwise look just silly and childish.

Nothing childish about that Teela. Good night, mercy mercy, mama Mia.
Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote