Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #261
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
There's still plenty of time to make some changes, so hopefully XM will improve on a already bad ass piece. I agree with at least giving us the option to have the hammer in the other hand and giving us the option to orient it how we want. The hairline is probably the most obvious thing that needs improvement on the 3rd head.
Todd from Spec mentioned in an FB post that the hairline issue was being addressed.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #262
pdenham
Teen Titans

Has that head/hair style actually even been used much in conjunction with the classic costume?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:06 AM   #263
RisingPhoenix
Frackin!

Hi all. Love the discussion on the piece and thanks for feedback. I will address the few questions I see popping up.

1. The Extra head hairline - This is an easy fix and will be done in production. Should have been just adjusted in proto phase, but not a problem.

2. The missing Extra Non Bearded head - This actually was never meant to even be shown at the convention. It was a test head that was just in the box and someone put it up (when unfortunately i got kidney stones and went to hospital the night before...). The reason it is not included is because the only negative feedback we got at the time was on that head with people saying they didn't like the style of hair with a classic shaven Thor. Of coarse now some people will complain for it and want more lol. However comics have the bearded no helmet Thor with Jarnborn a lot, so we felt it made more sense to put those two together. At the end of the day its a bonus and to be honest i would be happy to just remove the extra heads completely, but we wanted to give something extra. Cant win on everything

3. The Hammer on Both sides - This is something we have taken into consideration and if not an issue causing delays and problems with production we should have no issues with accomodating that. No promises. But we have listened to you closely on this one and I personally like the idea.

4. Comparing costs to Cap - This is a mistake I see collectors do a lot. There is no way for anyone to ever compare other pieces against a current pieces price. People look at switchouts and say 'there are so many more in there, how does this piece cost more.' I can categorically say the costs for Thor are MORE production wise than Cap. There are other factors such as overall detail and paint costs,etc. that are also taken into account by a factory, not just casting an extra piece of something. Hope this gives you a little insight into the production world, because I have seen these comments from collectors ever since I started myself many years ago.

Thanks so much for your feedback and am extremely happy with the overall response on it. Feel free to ask anymore questions you might have. Cheers all.
RisingPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:31 AM   #264
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
Hi all. Love the discussion on the piece and thanks for feedback. I will address the few questions I see popping up.

1. The Extra head hairline - This is an easy fix and will be done in production. Should have been just adjusted in proto phase, but not a problem.

2. The missing Extra Non Bearded head - This actually was never meant to even be shown at the convention. It was a test head that was just in the box and someone put it up (when unfortunately i got kidney stones and went to hospital the night before...). The reason it is not included is because the only negative feedback we got at the time was on that head with people saying they didn't like the style of hair with a classic shaven Thor. Of coarse now some people will complain for it and want more lol. However comics have the bearded no helmet Thor with Jarnborn a lot, so we felt it made more sense to put those two together. At the end of the day its a bonus and to be honest i would be happy to just remove the extra heads completely, but we wanted to give something extra. Cant win on everything

3. The Hammer on Both sides - This is something we have taken into consideration and if not an issue causing delays and problems with production we should have no issues with accomodating that. No promises. But we have listened to you closely on this one and I personally like the idea.

4. Comparing costs to Cap - This is a mistake I see collectors do a lot. There is no way for anyone to ever compare other pieces against a current pieces price. People look at switchouts and say 'there are so many more in there, how does this piece cost more.' I can categorically say the costs for Thor are MORE production wise than Cap. There are other factors such as overall detail and paint costs,etc. that are also taken into account by a factory, not just casting an extra piece of something. Hope this gives you a little insight into the production world, because I have seen these comments from collectors ever since I started myself many years ago.

Thanks so much for your feedback and am extremely happy with the overall response on it. Feel free to ask anymore questions you might have. Cheers all.
Take my money
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:31 AM   #265
Ish3183

Quote:

What is the expected shipping window?
Old 09-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #266
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
What is the expected shipping window?
XM website says October 2021.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:02 PM   #267
Ish3183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
XM website says October 2021.
Thanks.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #268
XMAN
Ultron

This is the game I hate to play the waiting game. Oh I need a drink
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:13 PM   #269
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
This is the game I hate to play the waiting game. Oh I need a drink
That's just because you don't have enough statues on pre-order.
You have to order so many that one or two arrives every month. That shortens the waiting time
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #270
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:

Thanks for all the info, and for being receptive to listening to consumer feedback.

Here's a non-Thor question for you- are you looking to go forward with one 1/3 every year for the foreseeable future? How may different characters do you have (besides Magneto), in this scale, in a sculpting, or serious design development stage at this point?

It seems with each of the first three pieces you've revealed so far, that the bases increase in size and complexity. Going forward, do you envision those more the norms?
FWIW, one thing I really love about your Captain America is that the base is simple, classy, compact, and more of an abstract design (as opposed to environmental) . It really keeps the focus on the figure (and keeps the shipping box size to a minimum).

I realize some characters, like Spider-man, are much harder to do well without relating them to some kind of an environment, because that's their whole schtick.
I would just hope you don't give up on the simpler set ups whenever you can get away with them.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote