Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-10-2021, 06:25 PM   #171
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
That would be great, is there an official confirmation for this?
One of the members on here mentioned it. I haven't personally confirmed it. I might send an email to JND / Facebook. ...see what they say.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:40 PM   #172
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Just noticed they removed the pic of her holding the gun from the FB post.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:11 PM   #173
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Just noticed they removed the pic of her holding the gun from the FB post.
Is JND modifying it?

I believe I read earlier someone sent them feedback that the gun is not screen accurate to the prop in the movie (the color if i recall).

But I also thought I read it had something to do with WB not wanting the gun displayed with the statue for the North American market.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:32 PM   #174
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

More likely the latter since the pic with the gun lying on the base is still up.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:58 PM   #175
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
No need. Already pre-ordered. Their WW and DK Joker as well. I’ve been waiting a while now for a company to offer the “Apple” experience for 1/4 or 1/3 statues. Premium look, materials, pacakgaging, etc. and bases that look good but aren’t the focus of the piece. I collected Hot Toys for a while because of how well they often captured actors’ likenesses, compared to the competition, but they always felt ubdwerhelmung to me in-hand. This JND line has got me refocusing my entire collection.

I have the feeling we'll see words focus and refocus more and more in this forum whith these new kids in the schoolyard, IS, QS, and JND, and probably others sooner than later.
To focus on what you love and what you can afford is the healthier way to collect anyway.
I don't have enough love for Gal or Anne to spend so much money, but what if a company is brave enough to offer a Barbarella Jane Fonda, or a non sophisticated Marilyn... Or worst, what if a company offers a Princess Leia or a Daenerys...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:12 PM   #176
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
I placed them directly after unboxing with silk gloves in closed cabinets. In a room with a stabile and average temperature, and out of sunlight of course.

After a while the clothes just start to break down (pleather, ropes, etc). Hot Toys like Selina Kyle Catwoman, T800 BD DX, Darth Vader, and Indiana Jones are famous for deteriorating after some time. There is a video on Youtube made by Dean Knight about this.

This is why I am very happy JND made Anne Hathaway's Catwoman. My favorite character that always broke down for me as a Hot Toys, up to 3 times

I have closed custom glass cabinets standing-by for JND collectibles btw. These cabinets are currently in use for Prime1Studio statues
Are closed cabinets or glass displays good for these silicone statues? Do they need some air to vent or should they have no air at all?
The JND WW84 will be my first silicone and $$$$ purchase so I want to make sure I have the right and safe display for it.

I will display in a room with my direct sunlight however I am hearing it should be displayed in an enclosed display rather then out in the open? Is this correct?
Also if an enclosed display? Does it matter if it’s not fully sealed? If it’s in a fully sealed display could it not get warm and have no air which could cause issues?

Any tips and advice on this would be really valued!
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:31 PM   #177
pdenham
Teen Titans

These companies need to produce a Silicone Collector's Care & Maintenance guide to include with these purchases.

This is a whole new area of collecting with it's own needs, requirements, and concerns.
It's also gone from a curiosity piece here and there to a clear, if still relatively small, segment of the overall market fairly rapidly. Right now it looks like it's only going to continue to grow.

I have a lot of questions about this stuff I would love to see answered in depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I don't have enough love for Gal or Anne to spend so much money, but what if a company is brave enough to offer a Barbarella Jane Fonda, or a non sophisticated Marilyn... Or worst, what if a company offers a Princess Leia or a Daenerys...
With the exception that I would absolutely be up for a 1/3 Gal Gadot in the more traditional costume-
every other property you mentioned are also the exact same ones highest on my wish-list.

I honestly can't imagine many *likely* candidates beyond that. Maybe a Helen Slater Supergirl, or Angelina Jolie Lara Croft, or (more likely) a Beckinsale Selene- but I think we'll see several Pfeiffer Catwomen made before we ever see any of those.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:00 AM   #178
Nicodimas
Fantastic Four

A leeloo one like this would be cool
Nicodimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:09 AM   #179
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Are closed cabinets or glass displays good for these silicone statues? Do they need some air to vent or should they have no air at all?
The JND WW84 will be my first silicone and $$$$ purchase so I want to make sure I have the right and safe display for it.

I will display in a room with my direct sunlight however I am hearing it should be displayed in an enclosed display rather then out in the open? Is this correct?
Also if an enclosed display? Does it matter if it’s not fully sealed? If it’s in a fully sealed display could it not get warm and have no air which could cause issues?

Any tips and advice on this would be really valued!
If its in a fully sealed case but the room is kept at a stable cool temperature (72 or lower) and avoids direct sunlight, it should be ok. If your case has UV blocker glass, then it doesnt matter if its in direct sunlight. On the other hand, you could just get double pane windows with UV blocking coating/argon gas layer then most of it is a non-issue.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:13 AM   #180
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
If its in a fully sealed case but the room is kept at a stable cool temperature (72 or lower) and avoids direct sunlight, it should be ok. If your case has UV blocker glass, then it doesnt matter if its in direct sunlight. On the other hand, you could just get double pane windows with UV blocking coating/argon gas layer then most of it is a non-issue.
What would you recommend for a room with no direct sunlight if I had it in a glass display case... the room can get warm when weather is hot outside....
How strict is the temperature 72 or lower... (that’s about 22 degrees Celsius here in Australia)
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote