Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-27-2022, 12:27 PM   #951
dechirico7
The Flash

I might pass. I think with the high 1,000 ES, I can wait.
That is more than the ES on the exclusive.
She would cost me over $600 after shipping. That is pricey.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 01:17 PM   #952
Dandoc
Birdman

I think this is a nice variant, lots of subtle changes. I particularly like the sword.

I have the first version and am happy with that, but I’d be genuinely hard pressed to choose between them if I had neither. Pleased that people that might have missed out have the opportunity to own this ����
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 01:36 PM   #953
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandoc View Post
I think this is a nice variant, lots of subtle changes. I particularly like the sword.

I have the first version and am happy with that, but I?d be genuinely hard pressed to choose between them if I had neither. Pleased that people that might have missed out have the opportunity to own this ����
The more I compare the swords, the more I slightly like this sword better. The white on the gauntlets are a cool addition. But past that, I still prefer the one I have. If I had neither, I'd still seek out the original over this one (as much as I preferred the mini comics over the Filmation cartoon, I never gelled with Teela as a blonde).
AlexLothos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 01:52 PM   #954
AC_808
Hercules

Hmmm ....I'm on the fence right now. I'll let it percolate.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 04:42 PM   #955
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I probably will end up getting it in about 6 months or so. Save up $150 in rewards and at least a 10% off coupon and I'll get it.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:35 PM   #956
Frankierock
Omega Red

So a few things with this, it’s definitely a bit higher than we expected..not crazy at basically $50..but the original also came with more..the extra head sculpts and staff if it’s the EX version. Again we all knew the price bump was coming..but the 1000 ES? Ahh not so happy. Now if Tweeterhead would have thrown in the original heads too! Oh boy, I would have definitely bit. Plus with this higher ES makes the EX a true Ex with less made, IMO.

The Hordak variant was more costly but it was an ES of 250, that made my decision on purchasing him a lot quicker for sure at a higher price.

I am on the EX waitlist for Teela, so for me I’m going to wait it out..like most said this will definitely be on sale at some point down the line, because 1 of the higher ES, but I would guess most MOTU fans also like Teela as a Redhead, No?
It’s what we are more familiar with..now I could be wrong, but pretty confident I’m on the right track here.
Just because to me and my friends the mini comics were more of an afterthought. Marvel comics and Filmation, was basically were We all got our MOTU fix.

Only Blonde Teela I remember was in a Bikini in and old DC comic..(Battle Guard Teela)..AHH The 80’s , A time where you wore less clothes into battle..LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20DC5944-3558-4B5F-AED8-10777BBC43B1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	154955  
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:48 PM   #957
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Only Blonde Teela I remember was in a Bikini in and old DC comic..(Battle Guard Teela)..AHH The 80?s , A time where you wore less clothes into battle..LOL
In the earliest mini comics that came with the action figures, they didn't have the character details down yet (this also bled into other characters like super red Beast Man below along with skin tone feathered Stratos and a few other oddities). So in different pages of the same comic, Teela would be blonde, brunette, redish, or in-between combinations at random.

In the recent DC comic version, Teela starts off as a blonde and after a few issues she dyes her hair brunette (which Adam and the others poke fun at her about - a very good way to pay tribute to the old incarnations, but making it a story detail).

I'd think most fans prefer a brunette/redhead Teela, but with so many MOTU versions over the years leads to different splinters in the fandom. There are some STRONG Alcala comic purists who only accept the first 4 mini comics and nothing else (some are less hardcore, but still prefer that starting canon). It'll be interesting seeing how well this variant is received and sells.
AlexLothos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 10:08 PM   #958
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

So I ended up getting her. Already shipped and will be at my door tomorrow. My problem is I have all the EX from sideshow even Orko, then EX Hordak so I got the variant of him and EX Teela, but feel weird not getting this variant. I guess because I have everyone , I almost felt like I had to get this one. I do wish they would have included more portraits so I could really switch them around with out having to use the other out of my EX on her.

Im also interest to know if they will continue EX ones because Mer-Man has one but Trap-Jaw did not and we still don’t know if the new Skeletor will have an EX or not…
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 10:45 AM   #959
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
So I ended up getting her. Already shipped and will be at my door tomorrow. My problem is I have all the EX from sideshow even Orko, then EX Hordak so I got the variant of him and EX Teela, but feel weird not getting this variant. I guess because I have everyone , I almost felt like I had to get this one. I do wish they would have included more portraits so I could really switch them around with out having to use the other out of my EX on her.

Im also interest to know if they will continue EX ones because Mer-Man has one but Trap-Jaw did not and we still don?t know if the new Skeletor will have an EX or not?

Oh man you should of waited 25 more days. This will be 10 percent off at Geeksgiving. You will be kicking yourself next month.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:23 AM   #960
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
So a few things with this, it?s definitely a bit higher than we expected..not crazy at basically $50..but the original also came with more..the extra head sculpts and staff if it?s the EX version. Again we all knew the price bump was coming..but the 1000 ES? Ahh not so happy. Now if Tweeterhead would have thrown in the original heads too! Oh boy, I would have definitely bit. Plus with this higher ES makes the EX a true Ex with less made, IMO.

The Hordak variant was more costly but it was an ES of 250, that made my decision on purchasing him a lot quicker for sure at a higher price.

I am on the EX waitlist for Teela, so for me I?m going to wait it out..like most said this will definitely be on sale at some point down the line, because 1 of the higher ES, but I would guess most MOTU fans also like Teela as a Redhead, No?
It?s what we are more familiar with..now I could be wrong, but pretty confident I?m on the right track here.
Just because to me and my friends the mini comics were more of an afterthought. Marvel comics and Filmation, was basically were We all got our MOTU fix.

Only Blonde Teela I remember was in a Bikini in and old DC comic..(Battle Guard Teela)..AHH The 80?s , A time where you wore less clothes into battle..LOL
Agreed, the ES of 1,000 is ridiculous. Should have been 250 like Hordak, and I'd be willing to bet this will take years to sell out. Most of the MOTU fanbase knows her as a redhead. And if I'm being honest, the shade of blonde on the statue is awful. It's that horrible marigold color that I just cannot stand.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote