Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #491
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Dammit - now I'm down the rabbit hole for his OA. Somebody bought the Giant Size X-Men cover. If I had know of this site - that would have been mine. $850 is worth it!!
Absolutely worth it.

I love his X-Men anyway, even if he makes all of them pretty, even the ones who probably shouldn’t be pretty, lol. But his Storm is everything. Imagine if a writer that likes Storm and respects her full array of powers, like Ta-Nehisi Coates (since he does great with her in Black Panther) or even Hickman if he wanted to write a solo character on their own without a team focus, teamed up with Russel Dauterman for a Storm series. Even if just 4 issues. It would be amazing. Dreams.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #492
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
I love a high pony! What she commonly rocks now would be amazing. She did have a ponytail for a few issues - it was when Forge was a douche and dumped her.
I found this news to be alarming, but calmed myself after seeing Peedi's post. He upgraded to a shape shifter.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:14 AM   #493
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Upgraded?! You can’t upgrade from an omega-level mutant goddess

Bet her had her change into Storm in bed because he missed Ororo so bad. He’s been pining after her for years.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:38 AM   #494
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Upgraded?! You can’t upgrade from an omega-level mutant goddess

Bet her had her change into Storm in bed because he missed Ororo so bad. He’s been pining after her for years.
Exactly my point. Mystique has the best power ever if you're dating her. That is until she betrays you or tries to stab you lol.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 03:44 PM   #495
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Well next week it's gonna be COD, so likely will put up for PO the PF from 12 days.

So like I was thinking maybe we will see Storm last week of Feb, or in March. I know the waiting seems like forever!
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #496
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh hell no I will not allow Storm to be second page news

Somebody started a petition on Change.org for XM to make another Storm statue. Maybe I will start one to get Sideshow to give us the reveal sooner
Old 02-17-2021, 03:36 PM   #497
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:

Somebody started a petition on Change.org for XM to make another Storm statue. Maybe I will start one to get Sideshow to give us the reveal sooner
Seriously? That is nuts
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:17 PM   #498
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

Wow, just looked at the petition. It says XM created their Storm in 2017. That's the same year Sideshow revealed Magneto and Wolverine at SDCC. This just seems crazy to me.

This is like two competing companies doing Star Trek The Next Generation statues and one does all same main cast that the other does but skips over Riker in favor of Chief O'brien and Barclay and Worf's booty call.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:28 PM   #499
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Wow, just looked at the petition. It says XM created their Storm in 2017. That's the same year Sideshow revealed Magneto and Wolverine at SDCC. This just seems crazy to me.

This is like two competing companies doing Star Trek The Next Generation statues and one does all same main cast that the other does but skips over Riker in favor of Chief O'brien and Barclay and Worf's booty call.
Yep, she went up for made to order in April 2018. If I remember right her PO period was two weeks and then they cut it off. I received mine in December 2018.

What's hilarious is the people who claim "you had plenty of time to order, so suck it up and spend $3,700 on an aftermarket piece."

EDIT: Just checked. The PO period was 4/4/18-4/18/18. ES was set in July 2018.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:51 PM   #500
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I just don’t get why new collectors think it’s a cool concept to make more of an old statue. Ummmm....no. That’s not how collectibles are supposed to work. I sympathize, I do. There are plenty of statues I missed out on (Psylocke variant, various Bowen pieces) - but I would pay after market if I wanted it bad enough. That’s how this game works. Get lucky to be collecting at the time or decide if the after market is worth it to ya. Meanwhile, jusy cross fingers and toes another version gets made. Lord knows with both companies it has taken forever for Storm to get love.