Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #17521
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
As you can see from my ratings on each films, yes I do.

Three Days to Kill - Solid little action flick, with a great performance by Costner - 7/10
so there is someone on the planet earth who likes jedi better then empire, good on you for being so original lol it boggles my mind how you can think so, but to each their own I guess
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #17522
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
so there is someone on the planet earth who likes jedi better then empire, good on you for being so original lol it boggles my mind how you can think so, but to each their own I guess
Pretty logical conclusion for me really. Return of the Jedi was the culmination of all the story arcs in the film ; Han and Jabba, Luke and Yoda, Luke and Vader/Sidmouth etc, so just seems logical that Jedi was the best as it was the most action packed.
The only thing Empire had going for it was its locations. Hoth and cloud city were the most visually impressive locations in the original trilogy. Other than that... I got nothing..
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #17523
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Pretty logical of a conclusion really. I feel that return of the Jedi was just the culmination of all the story arcs in the film ; Han and Jabba, Luke and Yoda, Luke and Vader/Sidmouth etc

It just seems logical that Jedi was the best as it was the most action packed.
The only thing Empire had going for it was its locations. Hoth and cloud city were the most visually impressive locations in the original trilogy.
Even if I were to grant you all of those arguments, what possible response could you have to my trump card...."Yeah, but ROTJ had frigging Ewoks!"
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #17524
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
LOL. There are a lot of movies members like that boggles my mind too.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #17525
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think the best explanation surrounding how Anakin's ghost should appear lies in the film's title as "Return of the Jedi" works on a few different metaphorical levels.

The first is that Luke is returning to confront his demons, i.e. his father. He is literally returning to the fight he had to flee from at the end of "The Empire Strikes Back."

The second is Luke is clearing the pathway for the Jedi Order to return, hence the return of the Jedi by definition. Their order is being restored by conquering the Sith.

The third, and probably the strongest implication of the title is the return of Anakin Skywalker. Anakin Skywalker is the quintessential Jedi of the Skywalker Saga. Anakin Skywalker, the good man who was Luke’s father, returns. The film is "Return of the Jedi," and we see the hero, Anakin, return to his former glory in the final sequence of the film. Seeing him appear as an older man, in a manner in which he never looked, free of disfigurement, makes far less sense.
well as good of an explanation that you have come up with here for the meaning we all understand that. but the lats part you can look at it either way. or see it as the shoe on the other foot so to speak.
but thats not true. Anakin was disfigured at the end of ROTS, was he not? yes he was. so we did see the younger Anking disfigured. we only saw the older Anakin disfigured for a brief moment in ROTJ. as to where we saw the young Anakin disfigured for far longer, not to mention we saw all of his disfigurement as a young man. and that same young man we saw turn to the dark side and do his evil doing. such as slay young-lings and innocent beings. and try to kill his beloved Padame and then try to kill his master/friend/brother Obi- Wan.
i can see it both ways. but i prefer the older Ankain at the end to the younger one. for it was the older one that dies. and seeing him all repaired of his disfigurement and was wearing the Jedi robes was a sign to me that he had turned back to the light side of the force. which i much preferred over the change of using the younger Anakin.
when seeing the younger Anakin. it just reminded me of the ending of ROTS for that was the last i knew of young Anakin. its like the saying goes."if it aint broke, dont fix it" .
but again. i can see your point about why Gorge made that change. and more so did it for the reasons your speaking of. but i feel that it was unnecessary.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #17526
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
LOL. There are a lot of movies members like that boggles my mind too.
lol yeah I guess I shouldnt judge, I normally wouldnt for any other movie...but jedi better then empire? come on now I just had to comment because i've never in my life heard anyone say that, and Empire is universally known as the best SW movie by a pretty big margin
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #17527
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Non Stop: 6/10 - The story is ridiculous and it's got more holes in it than that thing that once had a lot of holes. But if you switch your brain off and just go along for the ride, it's vaguely entertaining.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #17528
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Non Stop: 6/10 - The story is ridiculous and it's got more holes in it than that thing that once had a lot of holes. But if you switch your brain off and just go along for the ride, it's vaguely entertaining.
Reminds me of the Great Greg Giraldo joke

"He's got more chins than a chinese guy, who's fat, and has a lot of chins."
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #17529
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Pretty logical conclusion for me really. Return of the Jedi was the culmination of all the story arcs in the film ; Han and Jabba, Luke and Yoda, Luke and Vader/Sidmouth etc, so just seems logical that Jedi was the best as it was the most action packed.
The only thing Empire had going for it was its locations. Hoth and cloud city were the most visually impressive locations in the original trilogy. Other than that... I got nothing..
yeah thats all that it had going for it.
the fact that we find out for the very first time that Vader is actually Luke's father during their epic climatic light saber battle was meaningless.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #17530
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
yeah thats all that it had going for it.
the fact that we find out for the very first time that Vader is actually Luke's father during their epic climatic light saber battle was meaningless.
Guess it was over some people's head.