Old 06-03-2021, 04:21 PM   #1781
Davidian
Omega Flight

Sweet, my AOA Omni just shipped!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:14 AM   #1782
Davidian
Omega Flight

Got my AOA omni the other day, pretty stoked. Was watching the NearMint Youtube channel and they had a live stream with Matt from CGN, and he had mentioned that the Wolverine vol 2 omni is pretty much already sold out? Does anyone know if that is true? I wanted to order via CGN like I usually do, but was unable to, so I snagged an order through OPB, hopefully it'll get fulfilled.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:42 PM   #1783
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Anything and everything Hickman writes, I hate it. I dont even understand it. His Avengers was terrible, his X-Men stinks. I cant even remember the Fantastic 4 run.
Same. The man is just a terrible writer, IMHO. I just can’t stand anything he writes. His Avengers and FF just put me to sleep. Like Chris Claremont, his writing is too full of his own self importance that he just can’t get out of his own way.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #1784
Mister H
Gen 13

Two new Moon Knight omnibus books just announced. Moon Knight volume 2 and David Finch Moon Knight. March and April of 2022. I'll be getting both.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:23 PM   #1785
protector2814
Phoenix

I loved the art on the Finch' Moonknight, but didn't care for the writing. He was just written too freakin' insane to follow: frustrating, so a pass for me.

I did just pre-order the Amazing Spiderman omni., V5. Psyched to keep the collections flowing. Out mid-September & picks up right where V4 left off. Clone-saga stuff.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 06:53 PM   #1786
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Same. The man is just a terrible writer, IMHO. I just can’t stand anything he writes. His Avengers and FF just put me to sleep. Like Chris Claremont, his writing is too full of his own self importance that he just can’t get out of his own way.
I'm halfway through rereading Excalibur in the first omnibus and Chris Claremont's scripts, particularly his style of dialogue has become tiresome, true. It's still worth having to me for Alan Davis' beautiful art and I'll get volume two since Alan wrote the majority of those issues thankfully.

As always, I disagree with you 100% about Jonathan Hickman.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:20 AM   #1787
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I'm halfway through rereading Excalibur in the first omnibus and Chris Claremont's scripts, particularly his style of dialogue has become tiresome, true. It's still worth having to me for Alan Davis' beautiful art and I'll get volume two since Alan wrote the majority of those issues thankfully.

As always, I disagree with you 100% about Jonathan Hickman.
Well, that’s why this is called a discussion forum. If we always agreed, there wouldn’t be much to discuss. It’s also why I put an “IMHO” in my post, because it’s just my opinion.

We certainly can agree on Alan Davis’ art, which never disappoints.

Last edited by wktf; 06-29-2021 at 12:23 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:34 AM   #1788
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well I definitely do think that Excalibur got better when Alan Davis took over drawing and writing it. It started off very good and it seem to have a direction but unfortunately I think Chris Clement just Took the sudden left turn and then it just went on somewhere else for a while. There were also some not so great fill in artists and he ended up taking a few issue hiatus as well so the flow of the book kind of became disjointed

I do have all of the Alan Davis Excalibar books And at one point I did have all the Chris Claremont ones but I got rid of them but I am thinking about getting them back just because in the dollar bins at my local comic book store that is one series you can find a ton of so I know I wouldn’t have any problem finding the majority of us run in there.

But no Alan Davis‘s art never disappoints. Even bad Alan Davis art - which I don’t think I’ve ever seen- is better than some artists good art.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:34 AM   #1789
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Also has Alan Davis done anything lately? I am trying to think if he has and for right now I can’t.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #1790
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Well, that’s why this is called a discussion forum. If we always agreed, there wouldn’t be much to discuss. It’s also why I put an “IMHO” in my post, because it’s just my opinion.
In the future I'll refrain from replying to you regarding anything concerning Jonathan Hickman to avoid condescending comments like this one. He is clearly a polarizing figure here.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote