Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-17-2021, 12:18 PM   #491
Demona
Martian Manhunter

There is also a whole new generation who has an income that grew up with the Avengers movies. This would be their first chance to get a Scarlet Witch PF.

Given this huge edition size, I am curious to see Storm’s. She hasn’t been given any good movie treatment but is all over the comics again. I would expect a size like Rogue’s since Storm rounds out the 90s line-up and has never been done in this costume.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:18 PM   #492
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Yeah, nostalgia is a huge deal.
I for example have discovered the X-men with the 90's anime and I suppose that's why the Jim Lee era costumes are a soft spot of mine. I was waiting a Storm Jim Lee PF for a long time as she was my favorite X-men in the cartoon.
It's not the same for Scarlet Witch, no nostalgia factor so I guess that's why I'm so disapointed they didn't sculpt her in her new costume as I'm digging it a lot, her best so far for me.
Plus the first PF was in that same costume, although the degree of complexity is far below this one of course.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:35 PM   #493
BurningRage
Inhumans

There’s lots of new collectors I’ve seen that have only the pfs that were released from the last couple of years.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:03 PM   #494
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Yeah, nostalgia is a huge deal.
I for example have discovered the X-men with the 90's anime and I suppose that's why the Jim Lee era costumes are a soft spot of mine. I was waiting a Storm Jim Lee PF for a long time as she was my favorite X-men in the cartoon.
It's not the same for Scarlet Witch, no nostalgia factor so I guess that's why I'm so disapointed they didn't sculpt her in her new costume as I'm digging it a lot, her best so far for me.
Plus the first PF was in that same costume, although the degree of complexity is far below this one of course.
I hear you, on wanting her new costume. But also alot of collectors are "classic or nothing". I think SS because of the new digital sculpting wanted to redo alot of characters. Hopefully they will be willing in the near future to try more recent and not just rehash more 90's in different poses.

But there will be some that want a redo of certain characters cause they didn't like the last sculpt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
There’s lots of new collectors I’ve seen that have only the pfs that were released from the last couple of years.
I honestly sold majority of all my old pf's/bowen statues when I saw how good the new X-Men line was looking. I'm not sorry I did when I see them all together.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:52 PM   #495
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
3000 es
Way too high especially no exclusive. I guess my original SW will have to do. Money saved.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:00 PM   #496
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Storm rounds out the 90s line-up
Please let this not be true…Professor X, Jubilee, Bishop, Beast, Iceman, Archangel round out that lineup…they have a ways to go, I don’t see it happening therefore it’s incomplete!

Ah, I don’t want to derail this thread too much…uh, Scarlet Witch!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:32 AM   #497
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Is there any reference material for her face? I normally don't do statues based on actors, but for SW/Elizabth Olson I'd consider an exception if they'd ever make a good (non-uncanny valley) one.

Mostly though, I would just like Sideshow to pick a piece of comic art and base their sculpt on that. This doesn't look like an Scarlet Witch, I've ever come across - certainly not one that stuck with me. If in doubt with a Marvel lady you can after all always just fall back on John Byrne. At some point he drew and she is most definitely up there with other definitive takes. It's not rocket science :-/
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:22 PM   #498
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Also I think sometimes those of us that collect long term underestimate the amount of people who may buy 1 statue of a favorite character and call it a wrap.
The number of one-and-done buyers absolutely dwarfs the number of dedicated collectors. This is why certain characters will be revisited over and over and over and at enormous edition sizes.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:47 AM   #499
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The number of one-and-done buyers absolutely dwarfs the number of dedicated collectors. This is why certain characters will be revisited over and over and over and at enormous edition sizes.
TRUTH
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:10 AM   #500
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Please let this not be true…Professor X, Jubilee, Bishop, Beast, Iceman, Archangel round out that lineup…they have a ways to go, I don’t see it happening therefore it’s incomplete!

Ah, I don’t want to derail this thread too much…uh, Scarlet Witch!
I hope this isn't true, that would be incredibly lame if they did end it with Storm. But will find out, if by end of year we don't get any new X-men statues i guess maybe that can be an indicator.

Also its not to far off topic, as I consider Scarlet witch apart of the X-men. Being the daughter of magneto and also being a major player in House of M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralek View Post
Is there any reference material for her face? I normally don't do statues based on actors, but for SW/Elizabth Olson I'd consider an exception if they'd ever make a good (non-uncanny valley) one.

Mostly though, I would just like Sideshow to pick a piece of comic art and base their sculpt on that. This doesn't look like an Scarlet Witch, I've ever come across - certainly not one that stuck with me. If in doubt with a Marvel lady you can after all always just fall back on John Byrne. At some point he drew and she is most definitely up there with other definitive takes. It's not rocket science :-/
Sometimes they try to do a combo of comic/actors/models.

She may not be 100% comic portrait wise, but to me she is very European looking representation of what I would expect Scarlet Witch to look like, that alone makes the statue stand out very well to me.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote