The Hulk

Duplicate
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:29 PM   #8873
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
It's just one event, right now my job is up in the air, so I couldn't participate in any events after Tuesday.

Will keep my fingers crossed that the people who could play Trivia, all get reward codes e-mailed next week.

Next event: Sideshow Con. Registration is already up.

https://www.sideshow.com/events/sideshow-con

Don't lose hope folks, there are more rewards bound to be coming.
Given what Autumn was saying, solely participating in the Trivia events doesn’t guarantee a reward code. I probably did at least 10 questions in each one that I was actually awake for, but we’ll see if that translates or not.

But honestly until it goes back to the old system, I’m out as I need my sleep, and now that even participation isn’t a guarantee for a code; sleep and then work is my priority.

Heck between the 9-5pm US time, who actually are the active participants to every single stream? I mean who are their target demo for these streams?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:04 PM   #8874
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Given what Autumn was saying, solely participating in the Trivia events doesn’t guarantee a reward code. I probably did at least 10 questions in each one that I was actually awake for, but we’ll see if that translates or not.

But honestly until it goes back to the old system, I’m out as I need my sleep, and now that even participation isn’t a guarantee for a code; sleep and them work is my priority.

Heck between the 9-5pm US time, who actually are the active participants to every single stream? I mean who are their target demo for these streams?
Sleep and work are top priorities for me too. The Live Streams and Booth Tours are fun sometimes, especially if things go off the rails, likewise they can also feel like time wasters if that is all you are doing. (Normally I will exercise when I get bored, unless I have something more interesting to do.)

However, if can pick up an extra two or five dollars to knock down my next Sideshow purchase, that is great. If I can't, or there is something else I want to do, Duces, I am not sticking around. I have lost rewards codes because of that, but I rather be having a good time or better yet, pulling overtime which is way more rewarding.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:12 PM   #8875
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

I don't get why the emailed rewards codes expire so early. I got it in my inbox at 10am and checked my email at 5pm after work and it was already expired. Shouldn't they at least give you until midnight if it is a unique code made for you?
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:54 AM   #8876
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm not sure the problem is SS stopped dropping codes but rather they've added a lot more events. I'm not expecting codes unless it's Sideshow Con, Spooktacular, and 12 Days. If we have to participate in trivia just for a chance at getting codes during those events then I'm screwed.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:21 AM   #8877
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I'm not sure the problem is SS stopped dropping codes but rather they've added a lot more events. I'm not expecting codes unless it's Sideshow Con, Spooktacular, and 12 Days. If we have to participate in trivia just for a chance at getting codes during those events then I'm screwed.
Autumn did say in answer to my complaint that they had issued more in reward points ‘this year’ under the new system than previously.

That’s partially true, however until recently they were still doing code drops. As prior to Iron Man day they had issued about $190 in general reward points. Which is more than ever this early in the calendar year.

When they were ‘explaining’ that the new system was giving out more, every answer was like I was listening to a politician making excuses trying to prove their point. The only valid point was that they were rewarding participation, but every other point doesn’t seem likely, but we’re supposed to believe them.

But their aim seems to be encouraging social media participation, and it’s there that they are most likely succeeding.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:33 AM   #8878
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
It's just one event, right now my job is up in the air, so I couldn't participate in any events after Tuesday.

Will keep my fingers crossed that the people who could play Trivia, all get reward codes e-mailed next week.

Next event: Sideshow Con. Registration is already up.

https://www.sideshow.com/events/sideshow-con

Don't lose hope folks, there are more rewards bound to be coming.
can't wait this event
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #8879
StarWarsIsGood
Birdman

We will learn a lot from Sideshow Con. If they give out a healthy amount of codes - even if it requires participating in the games then we can just write off Level Up week as a smaller event. If it's more of the same, then we'll know that they're essentially phasing out rewards. The fact that they've gone from making points expire after a year to requiring participation to only giving codes to a select few people who participate leads me to believe the pandemic took its toll on them and they are looking for ways to save money. Even emailing codes will save them some because some people will inevitably miss them and they'll expire. If this is the route they're going, then it's fine. I've gathered plenty of free codes over time (and I still got $10 more this week than I would have had if there was nothing), but the interest in these streams will diminish quickly.
StarWarsIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:34 PM   #8880
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They saved a fortune with not having to go to these cons (many on other side of the country) so they could easily be using that for code budget. That doesn’t mean that the pandemic didn’t take its toll though. Then again look at how many items sold out within a day or two (most recently Teela exclusive). Many things bought by mail have done great so hard to say. Many were blowing stimulus money on anything. Playstysets were flying off shelves still.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote