Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I can’t see the pic ?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:14 PM   #1672
redmoon55
Doh!

Overall pleased with SS. Definitely glad I got it, was a little worried about pose and portal when revealed.
redmoon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:17 PM   #1673
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmoon55 View Post
Overall pleased with SS. Definitely glad I got it, was a little worried about pose and portal when revealed.
Don't be a stranger post more often. The more members here messaging the merry...

Congrats as well.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:29 AM   #1674
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Wow. That chrome looks incredible!
Yeah, it looks pretty cool. It's also massive, far greater presence than the Sideshow one imo.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:28 PM   #1675
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

All I can do is laugh now. I think I've had to be the unluckiest collector this time around in regards to this new Silver Surfer Maquette. This time around it never made it the box before I discovered there was already and issue. Soon a I touched (not grabbed) the portal it started wobbling and that's all I needed to know being this is my 4th replacement...Wonder what SSC with say for having to send me a 5th replacement. I've never had this bad of luck with SSC, so even for an ol' skool collector like myself, this is uncharted territory.

Old 06-19-2021, 11:19 PM   #1676
xellos49698

Ironlungs31 that is really bad luck

Still, I do wish you good fortune,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rabbit foot.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	140625  
xellos49698 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:59 PM   #1677
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
All I can do is laugh now. I think I've had to be the unluckiest collector this time around in regards to this new Silver Surfer Maquette. This time around it never made it the box before I discovered there was already and issue. Soon a I touched (not grabbed) the portal it started wobbling and that's all I needed to know being this is my 4th replacement...Wonder what SSC with say for having to send me a 5th replacement. I've never had this bad of luck with SSC, so even for an ol' skool collector like myself, this is uncharted territory.

Let's hope you have gotten all your bad luck used up on this item and for the future all will be well.

To Sideshow if you read anything here...

Do the right thing and give this collector this statue for free.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:33 AM   #1678
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post

Really amaze they are still giving you that option? Because they did my wolverine only 3 times and said they would not replaced it the 4th time and would just offer me a full refund.Luckily the third time came perfect..They must be desperate for your cash..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:39 AM   #1679
SDguy

Yikes, that is terrible luck! I thought my OG WW PF hair taking 4 tried was a record.

I agree, hopefully you get it all out of your system with this one statue.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #1680
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Let's hope you have gotten all your bad luck used up on this item and for the future all will be well.

To Sideshow if you read anything here...

Do the right thing and give this collector this statue for free.
I won't hold my breath for that to happen, but it would be the ultimate nicest gesture that I wouldn't expect from SSC.

I've just never had this run of bad luck before and I've probably bought at least 50 statue from SSC direct over the years. The only one that comes to mind that I had to return for a full refund. Was the G.I. Joe Cobra Commander diorama. Which was hard because it had sold out with no replacement coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Really amaze they are still giving you that option? Because they did my wolverine only 3 times and said they would not replaced it the 4th time and would just offer me a full refund.Luckily the third time came perfect..They must be desperate for your cash..
I have a feeling this time around SSC will tell me to just return it for a full refund. Which is fine because this is not like '07-'10 SSC when this piece would have been long ago sold out. If they say, do that, I'll just take the full refund and purchase all over again. This Surfer will be in the collection one way or another. Even it that means that I have to go through 10 of them to get it right. Plus, I feel that is my part to the hobby to get as many of the bad ones out the way, so that others that live further away and returns would be very daunting. Takes one day for my returns to get back to SSC and they send me another next day. 3 days tops from return and the new one is back on my door step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yikes, that is terrible luck! I thought my OG WW PF hair taking 4 tried was a record.

I agree, hopefully you get it all out of your system with this one statue.
The funny thing that I've learn during all these returns is how the statue numbering system works. It's truly what they pick to give you.

For example...

First Number statue was #222
(SSC sent a replacement body that didn't peg in completely.)

Second Number was #1971
(Surfboard and Surfer was messed up)

Which now I'm thinking I'm going to get something closer to #2200 or higher. Nope, I get...

Third Number #578
(Broken portal straight out the box)

Fourth Number ?

Either way via replacement or new purchase. I wonder what the next number will be or will SSC just send me another base with the same number. Being that base #578 is already broken, because I have had them do that to me for the Thanos and Lady Death diorama or they just chose to do it that way for me.