Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-08-2021, 07:34 PM   #111
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Glad I avoided this one. A shame for 1/5 scale fans.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:52 PM   #112
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The difference is huge compared to the prototype--and the washed-out paint isn't just an effect of the flash. Not the exact same angle, but you can see that the decrease in quality isn't acceptable (at least to me).

Hopefully they're not all like this, but I don't see the $425 value in this one.
Ugh not that I'm causing a scene but yours is 100% washed out. You can clearly see from the pic but i'm sorry your upset with it...Mine shows up tomorrow so I'll keep ya posted cause you may very well be right.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:53 PM   #113
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamphyboy View Post
I can't wait to see your pics.
I know Pamp and tbh it may very well be that, we'll see tomorrow. You have to admit a lot of these pics are horrible and the person taking the pic tbh.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:56 PM   #114
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
The difference is huge compared to the prototype--and the washed-out paint isn't just an effect of the flash. Not the exact same angle, but you can see that the decrease in quality isn't acceptable (at least to me).

Hopefully they're not all like this, but I don't see the $425 value in this one.
The flash is everything and we honestly all know this by now but mine shows up tomorrow and we will see, I'll be 100% with it so stay tuned...please god be the flash lol
Old 06-08-2021, 10:57 PM   #115
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:

That's not a thing, send that back. There is no mildew effect ever
Old 06-08-2021, 10:59 PM   #116
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I never saw an unboxing video come on SS Instagram, can you send me a link to the video?
Ugh it was on youtube...one sec https://youtu.be/iq4P-gwN9w4 let me know what you think
Old 06-09-2021, 07:34 AM   #117
never settle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
You have to admit a lot of these pics are horrible and the person taking the pic tbh.
Y’all are savage… sheesh. Hoping you meant the pics were horrible and not the person was horrible. LOL.

I don’t think her colors are bad. But no amount of flash is gonna fix that star. I’m glad SSC has acknowledged my issue and is sending me a new body. Good luck with yours.
never settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #118
hakyakapin
Doh!

I’m quite surprised to see that some collectors have that high tolerance to the quality, as compared with that in the promotion pic, of a $425 product.
hakyakapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #119
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakyakapin View Post
I’m quite surprised to see that some collectors have that high tolerance to the quality, as compared with that in the promotion pic, of a $425 product.
I think some collectors are reserving judgement until better pictures pop up because they've been around long enough to know how photo quality can affect the appearance of a piece.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:08 AM   #120
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Ugh it was on youtube...one sec https://youtu.be/iq4P-gwN9w4 let me know what you think
Thanks, Black Cat. I had just assumed they put the vids on IG and youtube. I never check their YouTube channel, so I missed it.

So they never get close to the statue, which is a little odd because in lots of their unboxing they are getting in to highlight the details. I did notice that the star is NOT damaged/scuffed up. So two people having that issue doesn't bode well. And I have always thought she lacked detail in the face, and the production piece is even less detailed. I do agree with you the suit colors are more vivid in the video than the photos, but I took that into account from the iPhone photos. It's her extra washed out portrait and that jacked up star that would have made me say "well, I tried, this piece aint for me/"

I do hope yours turns out great though - beat the odds!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote