Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 09-22-2020, 07:15 AM   #1
Storm56
Frackin!

Johnny Depp statue

Guys, I found an interesting guy on the Internet. He is from Belarus, Minsk. He makes interesting figurines, popular stars, here is one of them - Johnny, and a small but interesting interview with him

“I made the Johnny Depp statuette in four months, and it took me three years to visualize the dream. I was looking for someone who could help me arrange a meeting with Depp. First, I wrote to my acquaintance, a former circus performer who had left to work as a stuntman in Hollywood.” He said that the idea is cool, but it cannot help me.People of a level like Depp do not sit still, they are involved in a bunch of projects, and it is difficult to track them.

Then I found out that Johnny is in the Hollywood Vampires. Found the vampire photographer Kyler Clarke's account. I wrote to him on Instagram and Facebook. The message was without too much water - I described who I am and what my dream is. Attached a photo of Johnny's statuette, and then a video with the process of its manufacture. How it happened that Clark noticed my message is not clear. Mystic. He receives a thousand letters in all messengers. Our correspondence consisted of messages every six weeks. And when Kyler wrote, “I don’t know yet if we’ll have a tour, but if so, maybe I can arrange a meeting,” it gave me hope, although no one gave any guarantee that everything would work out.

The Hollywood Vampires Moscow concert was scheduled for May 28. Before that, I made a figurine of Kyler and sent it to him. He was delighted, we agreed to meet. I came to Moscow. The day before the concert, we met in a coffee shop with a photographer and another person - the director of the Hollywood Vampires, and at the same time the founder of the Aerosmith group Joe Perry. I thought we would meet with Depp in the evening, but the group arrived late at the hotel. I ended up getting a VIP pass to Meet & Greet where fans can chat with the band. Later I found out that it costs at least $ 1500, they gave it to me just like that "
What do you think?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	133308[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	obl-1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	133305   Click image for larger version

Name:	6-1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	133306   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	133307  
Storm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:21 AM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

Cool!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:31 AM   #3
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm56 View Post
Guys, I found an interesting guy on the Internet. He is from Belarus, Minsk. He makes interesting figurines, popular stars, here is one of them - Johnny, and a small but interesting interview with him

“I made the Johnny Depp statuette in four months, and it took me three years to visualize the dream. I was looking for someone who could help me arrange a meeting with Depp. First, I wrote to my acquaintance, a former circus performer who had left to work as a stuntman in Hollywood.” He said that the idea is cool, but it cannot help me.People of a level like Depp do not sit still, they are involved in a bunch of projects, and it is difficult to track them.

Then I found out that Johnny is in the Hollywood Vampires. Found the vampire photographer Kyler Clarke's account. I wrote to him on Instagram and Facebook. The message was without too much water - I described who I am and what my dream is. Attached a photo of Johnny's statuette, and then a video with the process of its manufacture. How it happened that Clark noticed my message is not clear. Mystic. He receives a thousand letters in all messengers. Our correspondence consisted of messages every six weeks. And when Kyler wrote, “I don’t know yet if we’ll have a tour, but if so, maybe I can arrange a meeting,” it gave me hope, although no one gave any guarantee that everything would work out.

The Hollywood Vampires Moscow concert was scheduled for May 28. Before that, I made a figurine of Kyler and sent it to him. He was delighted, we agreed to meet. I came to Moscow. The day before the concert, we met in a coffee shop with a photographer and another person - the director of the Hollywood Vampires, and at the same time the founder of the Aerosmith group Joe Perry. I thought we would meet with Depp in the evening, but the group arrived late at the hotel. I ended up getting a VIP pass to Meet & Greet where fans can chat with the band. Later I found out that it costs at least $ 1500, they gave it to me just like that "
What do you think?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 133308[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
awesome!!!
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:07 PM   #4
omigeo
Alpha Flight

You know, Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actor. I enjoy seeing him in movies. Only because he always seems to take on the most off character rolls. So yes, I think it looks great!
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #5
French Cancan
Deadman

Johnny replaced his hat with a piece of carpet. Alice still prefers hair.
Cute stuff.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:10 PM   #6
SONICobra
Batman

very cool, awesome piece as well
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #7
Halcyon
New Republic

Thumbs up

Very VERY COOL.

I would cherish a special statue like that.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:12 AM   #8
Storm56
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
You know, Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actor. I enjoy seeing him in movies. Only because he always seems to take on the most off character rolls. So yes, I think it looks great!
Hi, Omigeo
Look at this beauty, this guy is really good
I really like people who are serious about what they love and put their whole soul into

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNvd...ture=emb_title
Old 09-28-2020, 05:24 AM   #9
Storm56
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
very cool, awesome piece as well
In addition to Johnny, he also made a photo of his photographer and spoke with enthusiasm about the meeting:

- I still do not believe that this happened! Kyler (a photographer for the Hollywood Vampires, in which Depp and Cooper play. - Ed.) Wrote to me that you can come, take a photo and give the statuette to Johnny. He gave me two invitations to the concert and accreditation to meet with artists with a vip mark. No one else was allowed to bring gifts, and then it turned out that fans paid $ 1,000 to get backstage. And they let me in just like that. Group photographer Кyler Clark suggested waiting until only Johnny Depp was left in the room, so as not to offend the rest of the group. But Alice Cooper delicately failed to expel. I promised that I would definitely give him such a gift.

- Did Depp rate his copy?

- He said: "Wah-ah!" I was extremely surprised that such famous people living an enchanting life and who, it seems, have seen everything, said about my work: “We have never seen this!”.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:55 AM   #10
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

It's incredible, you got to meet two of my favorite people ever, Depp and Cooper. You are a lucky guy and your work is so well done! Congratulations!
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote