Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #1041
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Kevin Smith's shorts are so enormous he puts both feet into one leg, lol.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:22 AM   #1042
TheLastMan

Lol. Looks almost like a jean skirt - which wouldn't be surprising at this point.

This statue series is one of the few saving graces for the MotU franchise. Always looking forward to the next statues.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:50 AM   #1043
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Lol. Looks almost like a jean skirt - which wouldn't be surprising at this point.

This statue series is one of the few saving graces for the MotU franchise. Always looking forward to the next statues.
Have to agree. TW is definitely carrying everyone’s dreams for MOTU right now. Have a hard time believing anyone would collect statues from the new cartoon unless they wanted to add it to their ru-Paul collection.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:28 AM   #1044
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Have to agree. TW is definitely carrying everyone’s dreams for MOTU right now. Have a hard time believing anyone would collect statues from the new cartoon unless they wanted to add it to their ru-Paul collection.
That kind of talk you can take out of here right now. Plus I would buy an Evil-Lyn and Sorceress from the series in a heartbeat.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:47 AM   #1045
Augen
Metal Men

A Tweeterhead Sorceress...I could see it, have my She-Ra and Teela flanking her.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:50 AM   #1046
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I'm not sure I need a statue of Ru-Paul in my collection, but I wouldn't be put off of more muscular female representation in my cabinets - at all.

In fact, that could be a real purchase point for me. A warrior woman swinging a sword all day, is going to have a certain - body type.

I haven't seen the new cartoons, but from all the noise, it seems fans are more upset with the (non physical) characterisation of Teela and the irrelevance of He-Man. I'm sure 99% of folks would be supportive of a muscular Teela in and of itself.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:13 AM   #1047
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
A Tweeterhead Sorceress...I could see it, have my She-Ra and Teela flanking her.
Yeah, Sorceress needs to happen.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:18 AM   #1048
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not sure I need a statue of Ru-Paul in my collection, but I wouldn't be put off of more muscular female representation in my cabinets - at all.

In fact, that could be a real purchase point for me. A warrior woman swinging a sword all day, is going to have a certain - body type.

I haven't seen the new cartoons, but from all the noise, it seems fans are more upset with the (non physical) characterisation of Teela and the irrelevance of He-Man. I'm sure 99% of folks would be supportive of a muscular Teela in and of itself.
Take a look at the cartoon or images of it. Doesn’t look that great (referring to the image not the show, haven’t watched it all so can’t comment on that yet). Teela comes out better than Lynn though. If that’s the image they wanted a good one for them to look at is the more recent red Sonja statue. Very strong image while still retaining the female image.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:50 AM   #1049
Igo
Producer
Producer

I know there's a totally different thread for the show, and I dont wanna detract from this thread, but overall I really liked the show and cant wait for Part 2.

It was rad seeing the Hordak Maquette and Skeletor Bust in soooo many shots of the after show... that was really freaking cool, especially seeing Mark Hamill get so much screen time with the Skelly Bust.

And I know it seems like it's been slow on our end with getting pieces out there, but we have been BUSY with getting this line gearing up... just a few curve balls in the last 6 months but I think we're gonna surprise some people real soon.

Appreciate all the love and support for this statue line. It's been amazing to continue the work I was a part of +6 years ago or so and I couldnt be more proud of the work the team has been doing with these pieces recently... Hoping we continue to make stuff fans of the franchise LOVE and want to buy, so this can be successful and we can go as deep as humanly possible with the character selections for as long as possible. One of my personal favorites is Snout Spout and I cant see getting to him any time soon haha.

But yah, hoping to have some updates to share REAL soon... We might make a small announcement in the newsletter this week.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:49 AM   #1050
Khev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Hoping we continue to make stuff fans of the franchise LOVE and want to buy
What a novel concept! Netflix and Kevin Smith take note, lol. Glad to hear that this line is gearing up. I'd love to see this line eventually hit a pace of one statue per quarter, just due to the fact that there are SO many great characters that would look awesome as statues, especially if they all match the quality of Teela. I hope she is seen as the gold standard for you guys. She really was a perfect combination IMO of looking realistic while still paying tribute to both the toy and Filmation designs. I so hope that a new She-Ra and Sorceress continue that theme.

I did like seeing the Hordak maquette and Skeletor bust on display with all the vintage MOTU art and toys, made for a really nice setup.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote