Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-04-2021, 11:35 PM   #81
Frogtown
Fantastic Four

Please for the love of god don't drop the ball on this. Would pair really well with my XM Iceman and SS Gambit.
Frogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:27 AM   #82
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
That silhouette isn't inspiring a lot of confidence, but curious to see the actual piece.

Yea, agreed. The silhouette doesn't provide any confidence at all. Guess we'll just have to wait and see .....
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:28 AM   #83
captoz
Nightwing

Enough with the excessively large bases already! Don't these guys realise we can buy and display more of their pieces if they keep the bases smaller and simpler?

Also, from the silhouette, it looks like there is too much going on here. I've waited ages for a Nightcrawler in this scale and I want him to be the centrepiece of the statue itself, not the base. also where is his trademark purple teleportation cloud? why don't XM do that for the base on top of a simpler sentinel or danger room part maybe?
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:58 AM   #84
Destroyous
Justice League

The teleport cloud is behind him for sure if you look at the silhouette closely you can make it out.
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:01 AM   #85
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post
Enough with the excessively large bases already! Don't these guys realise we can buy and display more of their pieces if they keep the bases smaller and simpler?

Also, from the silhouette, it looks like there is too much going on here. I've waited ages for a Nightcrawler in this scale and I want him to be the centrepiece of the statue itself, not the base. also where is his trademark purple teleportation cloud? why don't XM do that for the base on top of a simpler sentinel or danger room part maybe?
That's why we have Sideshow and XM. Sideshow does smaller bases and XM does big bases, which I really prefer the bigger bases imo.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:57 AM   #86
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
That's why we have Sideshow and XM. Sideshow does smaller bases and XM does big bases, which I really prefer the bigger bases imo.
Yup, I like the bigger, more elaborate bases as well.
Mepaphoros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:08 AM   #87
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post

I agree, sometimes the bases are to much just for the sake of being big in each direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post

I think they can be different enough without always going big, XM to me feels like they are just big with little consideration to how they fit in display cases. Remember the more the base takes space, the less room you have for other statues.

Their are several x-men so you want to be able to keep buying new ones to fit in your home.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:41 PM   #88
kvsm23vs24
Frackin!

Depends with their bases. I feel Carnage, Elektro, Spider-Man, BP which almost makes them look like dioramas.
But they have got better like GG, Hulk, Emma stone, Doc Ock are still big, but they go well with the character.

You dont need a big ass lion to show Kraven lol or all those electrical bases for Elektro.
kvsm23vs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:23 PM   #89
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24 View Post
Depends with their bases. I feel Carnage, Elektro, Spider-Man, BP which almost makes them look like dioramas.
But they have got better like GG, Hulk, Emma stone, Doc Ock are still big, but they go well with the character.

You dont need a big ass lion to show Kraven lol or all those electrical bases for Elektro.

Emma Stone?
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:29 PM   #90
CoffeeTyrant
Fantastic Four

I haven't been collecting statues very long, but even I can see that Sideshow and XM have two different design philosophies. As a consumer, I appreciate the choice.

I can't fathom people who will constantly be surprised when the each respective company makes a statue in line with their chosen aesthetic. Why would you want every statue maker to make the same design choices? There's clearly a market for multiple styles so I would prefer more variety among statue makers. If you prefer Sideshow's minimal and clean aesthetic, why would you waste energy ----ting on XM's design choice. You already know what they're gonna present. Like I said I'm new here and I've already figured this out. I mean the same criticisms are pretty much crtl+c'ed and ctrl+v'ed over and over. Maybe you should harp on the company who won't provide the character in your preferred style more. Sorry for the rant...
CoffeeTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote