Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-04-2021, 10:20 PM   #681
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
OK, so I succumbed to the lure of this big, unopened box and thought I'd just have a look. You know... check for damage and stuff like that. And... wow.
I've watched every video, seen every picture, read every review but there's nothing at all that can capture what this masterpiece feels and looks like in real life. She is just amazing - no hairline issues and the legs went on perfectly and there's zero wobble. Though I didn't get the base out, I think the weight is spot on. She feels like a premium product designed and manufactured with love and care. Seriously re-thinking my decision to sell her...
I think that’s a good idea to reconsider selling 😊 how could you let go such an amazing piece!

I agree with you, once you have this in person WOW is all you can say…. It truly is an amazing piece which I can’t say enough about… (hence my many posts on this)

I understand there are critics around like with everything but I truely think that once you have this in hand and see in person you will actually realise how good it is!
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:41 PM   #682
actionjackson83
Midnighter

yes the ww84 movie wasn't great, but nobody will give a crap once they see this in your collection, they'll think it's the best thing in your collection.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:16 AM   #683
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I've found 1, ONE! on ebay - selling for double the original price

I think anyone selling this piece is crazy (even though I want one ) - statues like this just don't come around very often.

If JND can deliver this (or better) on the next pieces, wow, just wow.

I think it's seriously time to think about buying doubles.......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:41 AM   #684
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I've found 1, ONE! on ebay - selling for double the original price

I think anyone selling this piece is crazy (even though I want one ) - statues like this just don't come around very often.

If JND can deliver this (or better) on the next pieces, wow, just wow.

I think it's seriously time to think about buying doubles.......
Did you buy it?
Old 08-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #685
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Did you buy it?
No

Unfortunately the price is too far out of my league. If I had the scratch, I would. I imagine these pieces will continue to raise in value.....maybe not significantly higher than now......but the days of getting this at retail is over.

Unless, you can find a collector selling the piece who is a crack addict and desperate for cash......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:46 PM   #686
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Good unboxing vid just uploaded - talks a lot about the weight and the hairline....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLq...afaelRobledoJr
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:20 PM   #687
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Good unboxing vid just uploaded - talks a lot about the weight and the hairline....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcLq...afaelRobledoJr
I honestly can’t watch his unboxing videos anymore. Prior to him having his grandson in his videos I watched them all, but I’m having heart palpitations every time the grandson assists him. I know he’ll be able to fix any damage done but still.....

At least the grandson has better hand coordination now, but a year or two ago, it was painful for me to watch.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:25 PM   #688
zipkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I honestly can’t watch his unboxing videos anymore. Prior to him having his grandson in his videos I watched them all, but I’m having heart palpitations every time the grandson assists him. I know he’ll be able to fix any damage done but still.....

At least the grandson has better hand coordination now, but a year or two ago, it was painful for me to watch.
Yep, that bit got me too - had to dig my fingernails out of my palms...
Old 08-05-2021, 10:02 PM   #689
redbloodedboy

Quote:
Yep, that bit got me too - had to dig my fingernails out of my palms...
Haha I agree… watching the way he put the legs on so casually and without a care in the world lol …. Maybe I was too paranoid when I attached the legs as I was worried about the potential break of the small piece between the crotch … but maybe that’s not even an issue.

Is anyone else changing the hair like he did? I have never owned a statue with ‘real’ hair so have been a bit unsure whether I should touch it too much … I wonder if in time the curls will go straight ?

I seem to be handling this with extra care compared to other pieces for some reason… maybe I just need to chill 😊
Old 08-06-2021, 12:08 AM   #690
zipkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Haha I agree… watching the way he put the legs on so casually and without a care in the world lol …. Maybe I was too paranoid when I attached the legs as I was worried about the potential break of the small piece between the crotch … but maybe that’s not even an issue.

Is anyone else changing the hair like he did? I have never owned a statue with ‘real’ hair so have been a bit unsure whether I should touch it too much … I wonder if in time the curls will go straight ?

I seem to be handling this with extra care compared to other pieces for some reason… maybe I just need to chill 😊
I think it would take either a brave or talented (probably both) person to even attempt to wash the hair. The curls can be straightened out a little by holding the end of the strand and gently twisting slowly. A skewer or toothpick is the best styling tool.
Agreed about handling with care - she's not cheap.
Worst thing - all my Hot Toys figures look tiny...