Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-05-2021, 04:22 AM   #1
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sideshow Waitlist Question

Just curious if they ever cut off a waitlist or if they will let as many people who want to be waitlisted be on it?

Also, has anyone ever had any luck being on their waitlist?

Thanks,

- Mike
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:20 AM   #2
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yes and yes. The earlier you get on the waitlist, the better chances you have. There have been situations where I’ve seen the waitlist being full because Sideshow doesn’t want to get your hopes up.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:44 AM   #3
Augen
The Hulk

My only experience was with Psylocke variant, which amusing I'm still on the waitlist. I do know others have had success with it converting though.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:43 AM   #4
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I had a skeletor convert but always wondered if it was someone’s return as it appeared open.
That being said I am on a waitlist right now for another statue that I hope goes through.
Also the skeletor was in excellent shape from what I could see so wasn’t a big deal to me. Just wouldn’t want something repaired sent to me as new. Seam to be hearing more unfavorable things about sideshow anymore. Have heard from many that had issues lately, but me personally, they have taken care of the very minor issues I had (replaced small statues head).
extracomputer.1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:17 AM   #5
qz33
Rescue

There are waitlists on Sideshow right now that are listed as "Waitlist Full" There are also waitlists that you can be on for years and with no chance of getting a statue.

Most problems with Sideshow arise from being too afraid of missing out. Don't become attached and treat each order as it is to Sideshow: "not personal, just business"
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:45 PM   #6
Y3E
Gen 13

Most of my waitlist converts. Heck, I have had 3 statues convert twice.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:01 PM   #7
qz33
Rescue

^ I've never had anything convert twice. Hoping I do and wonder how they schedule those secondary conversions.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:28 PM   #8
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
Just curious if they ever cut off a waitlist or if they will let as many people who want to be waitlisted be on it?

Also, has anyone ever had any luck being on their waitlist?

Thanks,

- Mike
What Bill said.

I have seen where an item says waitlist full for an item I was still on the waitlist for, so in that case sideshow had to cut off the waitlist.

I had a recent waitlist conversion where it was clearly a return. A few broken pieces. Some of the pieces weren’t in bags or tissue paper. For the bags the previous owner didn’t put the pieces back into, they balled up and stuffed the bags into the empty parts of the styrofoam tray. The styrofoam had debris all over it, from what it looks to me being opened on the previous owners filthy @$$ floor. It was obviously taped back up by the owner and sideshow didn’t inspect it before sending it to me. I’ve never had a sideshow piece not have a quality sticker, and this one didn’t, so I knew it was bad business.

Most people won’t have this experience thankfully. But especially after that experience I don’t put anything past sideshow.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:30 PM   #9
qz33
Rescue

There are pieces without the QC sticker for the entire run just FYI.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #10
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
There are pieces without the QC sticker for the entire run just FYI.
Thanks. In all that I buy I’ve never received any. And still, sideshow sent me a quite badly shaped return either way. Shouldn’t have happened.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote