Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #21
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Does anyone else go in and out of phases? Like right now I'm all excited to order Storm but I'm also looking at things to cancel cause I just don't want them now.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #22
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Does anyone else go in and out of phases? Like right now I'm all excited to order Storm but I'm also looking at things to cancel cause I just don't want them now.
Yes, especially with a lot of delays it piles up and despite having tons of pre orders feels like waiting occupies most of the time. Sometimes I just step away and enjoy other hobbies like going to a concert, a local match, hiking, traveling. When I focus on the countdown that has no firm end date it can cause vacillations in my excitement.

For example, I am really excited about Prime 1 Artgerm line, but I've waiting well over a year past for Mera's release (2nd in the series) so staying pumped about Wonder Woman and Black Canary can be tough when I'm expecting a knock on effect of them slipping from 2022 to 2023 (or even 2024).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:43 AM   #23
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yes, especially with a lot of delays it piles up and despite having tons of pre orders feels like waiting occupies most of the time. Sometimes I just step away and enjoy other hobbies like going to a concert, a local match, hiking, traveling. When I focus on the countdown that has no firm end date it can cause vacillations in my excitement.

For example, I am really excited about Prime 1 Artgerm line, but I've waiting well over a year past for Mera's release (2nd in the series) so staying pumped about Wonder Woman and Black Canary can be tough when I'm expecting a knock on effect of them slipping from 2022 to 2023 (or even 2024).
Oh wow, I didn't realize she has been delayed that long.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #24
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I think we all do. We're always growing and changing as people and our differing perspective tends to bleed into our collections. External factors play a big part, too. If a company cancels or drags their feet on a line you're collecting... if new pieces in a line don't mesh with your sensibilities... increasing prices, shipping, taxes, etc. Tons of things play a part in changing our collecting focus or direction.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:58 PM   #25
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

sometimes the excitement you get when they first reveal the statue start the fade out more and more as the times goes by, at a point you just dont care as much.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:19 PM   #26
SDguy

Quote:
So far I've been pretty good about always keeping interest, and I've had some LONG ass wait times. I did go through a selling phase last year though, selling pieces, more to focus my collection, than actually growing tired of the pieces, but I guess the net result for all of these scenarios is the same... fewer pieces.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:10 AM   #27
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Good to hear I'm not the only one.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:20 AM   #28
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
There was one piece a couple years ago that made me want to completely change my focus to a more fantasy/warrior type of collection and that was the XM Thor from Caleb Nefzen. It would have been an amazing piece but it got cancelled because of Disney being a bunch of tools.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:50 PM   #29
SONICobra
Batman

im honestly looking forward to everything i have on order but probably the most excited about the custom stuff in the works. ive been getting into more and more custom pieces, either stuff i make myself or fan art. i guess at this stage im starting to feel the fatigue of these companies doing the same character over and over that i already have, especially ones i have multiple versions of
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote