Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 04-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #2121
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I agree stupid DC

Thanks for posting that Jeremy

Now I do see the Adam Hughes cover girl statues on eBay but unfortunately those seem to go for a higher dollar amount since that was their first cover girls line. At one point I did have about five of them but I sold them all off and just kept Black Canary
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #2122
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The mystery of the double post
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:17 PM   #2123
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Stupid dc on the move again, passing on this Batgirl pose....

I have most of the Hughes Busts with The Exception of Catwoman... :/ I missed that one and i love Hughes Catwoman to the death... :/ I have all the covers of Catwoman Comics while Hughes was drawing The Covers... And i got Poison Ivy from Hughes Bust Line at the last moment back then...

But i only have Zatanna statue from the first line of Cover Girls Statues, i actually wanted to have all of them, but had a sudden urge to quit the statue and bust game for a while (at the worst possible moment) so i missed the rest of The Adam Hughes Cover Girls Statues...
I have all of the Hughes DC covers that he has ever done for them. Even the old Justice League Europe's. I have a few other company Hughes covers but I always get the DC ones.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #2124
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I have all of the Hughes DC covers that he has ever done for them. Even the old Justice League Europe's. I have a few other company Hughes covers but I always get the DC ones.
Yeah, i'm a DC guy as well. Love my DC Ladies. Especially Catwoman, Cassandra Batgirl and Zatanna. As you can see Batman cetric girls are the ones that most dear to me.

You may say, Zatanna ? Batman centric ? but She is to me as a guy who grew up with Batman TAS, and enjoyed Paul Dini's amazing Batman run which had Zatanna in it, so many years later after The TAS. Will Pfeifer's Catwoman run with Adam Hughes covers are my favorite Catwoman run so far and i loved how he used Zatanna in it. Ofcourse i haven't read Brubaker&Cooke Catwoman run yet, unfortunatly, but i got the trades. Seeing Zatanna on Adam Hughes Covers together with Catwoman were amazing, two of my favorites together, drawn by Hughes. WOW ! i was lucky.

I have the old Cassandra Cain Batgirl statue as well, it is not in the cover girl line but it's bigger and better than all of them. The statue is Cass standing over beaten up ninjas in a karate pose. Amazing Statue, it is also a DC Direct piece. Probably The Favorite Statue in my collection 'cause i really love Cass. I have all of her run as trades, reading that run was what made me love her so much, i love the amazing spooky black ninja bat costume of her to death as well.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:09 AM   #2125
rykerw1701
Justice League

I continue to love the Hughes' Cover Girls line. It's what got me to focus more on female statues in my collection. I passed on the goofy Batgirl and the armored Wonder Woman, but have the rest still displayed. And while I agree that Poison Ivy and Zatanna are excellent, I wouldn't leave out Catwoman as among the best of a great line.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:36 AM   #2126
Divagirl
Fantastic Four

Wish we knew what was going on with DC Collectables. I was really looking forward to the J Scott Campbell Covers Girls line. That was clear back in August of 2020 when they were first talking about on the DC Fandom. But not a word from DC since.
Divagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:22 AM   #2127
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divagirl View Post
Wish we knew what was going on with DC Collectables. I was really looking forward to the J Scott Campbell Covers Girls line. That was clear back in August of 2020 when they were first talking about on the DC Fandom. But not a word from DC since.
DC Collectibles/Direct doesn't exist anymore. They closed down after the latest AT&T Warner merger. Whatever was already in production last year was released. There are some retailers (like BBTS) that haven't cancelled people's preorders, but that's because they haven't updated their order pages.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:26 PM   #2128
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

The Company's name had gone back to DC Direct before it was closed for good... :/

I was mostly getting DC Direct statues with Batman Black and White and DC Battle Statues lines. I need an alternative now. I just take a look at Diamond Select and Iron Studios and Iron Studios' Rebirth Batman statue and other Bat characters statues look pretty cool. I think, They will be The New Company, i will focus on with my Batman statue purchases. Their up coming Ivan Reis Poison Ivy statue looks pretty sweet as well. I will definetly go with Iron Studios.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:21 PM   #2129
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
The Company's name had gone back to DC Direct before it was closed for good... :/

I was mostly getting DC Direct statues with Batman Black and White and DC Battle Statues lines. I need an alternative now. I just take a look at Diamond Select and Iron Studios and Iron Studios' Rebirth Batman statue and other Bat characters statues look pretty cool. I think, They will be The New Company, i will focus on with my Batman statue purchases. Their up coming Ivan Reis Poison Ivy statue looks pretty sweet as well. I will definetly go with Iron Studios.
I miss the Bombshells, vs series, and Designer Series lines the most. The size, price point, and quality (for most at least) were so good.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:31 PM   #2130
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I miss the Bombshells, vs series, and Designer Series lines the most. The size, price point, and quality (for most at least) were so good.
Yeah, Bombshells had some good designs. I didn't follow Bombshells line, but i was always curious about what the next statue of the line would look like.

Prices were fine for what we got. I paid more than all of you though, because of my country's taxes. Probably between 30-40 $ for bust and statues but sometimes even 80 $ more for DC Battle VS statues. :/

I will miss The Battle VS Statues with 299 $ or 326 $ prices... Iron Studios' Battle VS statues are more than 1000 $, totally over my budget. The Most i pay for a Statue is 350 $ + taxes.