Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-11-2021, 09:25 AM   #1271
qz33
Rescue

Lots of time USPS will still use UPS for the last leg of delivery.

Before recently I would say USPS is fine for large stuff but with how the mail system has been crippled in the past 3-4 years I could not recommend it. Unless you get it left at the post office for pick up.

All services are pretty much equal except for the "last mile" which then depends on local circumstances, conditions and employee attitudes. That's what forms the basis for most people's personal appraisal.

Like every other economic service USPS is understaffed and I have witnessed several lost packages and oversights both personally and professionally since 2018.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:56 PM   #1272
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Lots of time USPS will still use UPS for the last leg of delivery.

Before recently I would say USPS is fine for large stuff but with how the mail system has been crippled in the past 3-4 years I could not recommend it. Unless you get it left at the post office for pick up.

All services are pretty much equal except for the "last mile" which then depends on local circumstances, conditions and employee attitudes. That's what forms the basis for most people's personal appraisal.

Like every other economic service USPS is understaffed and I have witnessed several lost packages and oversights both personally and professionally since 2018.
Yea. I've heard that with the post office as well. The understaffing is definitely an issue and why it's likely hard to get someone on the phone.

It's shipped now so we'll wait and hope for the best!

Thanks.
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 05:17 AM   #1273
Shinobu Sensui

It's currently delayed. Hoping it doesn't delay out too long and is more importantly in perfect condition.

I also have a question. What's the best way to deal with loose strands like the one here (pardon the picture, haha).

I am not used to having statues so I didn't know if I should just snip it. I was thinking some tiny grooming scissors or something.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210613_103246.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	467.6 KB
ID:	140324   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210613_103337.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	140325  
Old 06-14-2021, 01:40 AM   #1274
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
It's currently delayed. Hoping it doesn't delay out too long and is more importantly in perfect condition.

I also have a question. What's the best way to deal with loose strands like the one here (pardon the picture, haha).

I am not used to having statues so I didn't know if I should just snip it. I was thinking some tiny grooming scissors or something.

Thanks for your help.
Go to hobby lobby and find the sharpest and most precise cutting gadget you can find....try the textile area or the models area at the store....cut the threads without pulling it....then get fabric glue....get a toothpick....file down the tip extra pointy with sandpaper....dab the tip in tiny amount of fabric glue....apply to end where you cut to prevent fraying and push it towards surrounding threads to seal it in place....easy fix
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:49 AM   #1275
vinnnie
Luke Cage

looks like something is growing out of her ass

vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:04 AM   #1276
Shinobu Sensui

Just the way the pic looks I'm afraid. :XD

On a cool note, Sideshow said they have Cammy next in the Season Pass line. Someone made a post about Cammy's Battle costume being in a statue in the Facebook group with this image.

If so that would be an amazing statue to have. Especially in 1:3. Guess we'll wait and see.
Old 06-14-2021, 02:36 PM   #1277
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I really like her battle costume. I think they should have made it her default outfit for that game
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:49 PM   #1278
Shinobu Sensui

I'd assume it's because it doesn't go with her storyline but it's undoubtedly one of her best costumes. It's easy to get so that's great and it comes in the latest version of SFV.

I really hope they end up making a statue out of it. It seems he is implying it

On another note I fixed the loose threads. The small scissors worked wonders!

Thanks for all of the help guys!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20210614_160147.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	471.7 KB
ID:	140415   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210614_160151.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	627.3 KB
ID:	140416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210614_161100.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	613.7 KB
ID:	140417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210614_161111.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	535.8 KB
ID:	140418  
Old 06-15-2021, 10:47 PM   #1279
koolkollectible
The Spirit

For loose threads, I tend to use my wife's nail clippers that are always sharp. I can get pretty close to the base of the thread and snip it off cleanly.

I wish I has space for all the variants. Would've loved the Alpha version of Chun-Li too. But definitely running out of space in the collection room. I now just hope PCS announce a 1/3 scale classic Ken in his red gi some time soon!
koolkollectible is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:07 AM   #1280
Shinobu Sensui

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkollectible View Post
For loose threads, I tend to use my wife's nail clippers that are always sharp. I can get pretty close to the base of the thread and snip it off cleanly.

I wish I has space for all the variants. Would've loved the Alpha version of Chun-Li too. But definitely running out of space in the collection room. I now just hope PCS announce a 1/3 scale classic Ken in his red gi some time soon!
I heard some people suggest the nail clippers. However due to the tight space (pun not intended) I went with the scissors as I can't even fit my pinky in there. Thanks for the tip though.

I had someone also advise burning it but I'm glad I didn't go that route.

The only other thing I saw was a small faint mark. I heard it could be a variety of things from a very light scratch to the finish. It's almost impossible to see without being super close with light on it as you said and I didn't know about it until it was mentioned.

Everything else looks great and I'm very happy with it. Not to mention it's the last one they had on there and also on SS last I checked. Even then sending it back would be a gamble and a lot of hassle.

Your collection is great and your recommendation of this statue helped me make my mind so I appreciate it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	201775853_352491746302800_5191907965824165883_n.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	140472