Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
built2shred
Phoenix

Vision & Scarlet Witch TV Series

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...writer-1174937

Quote:
Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are expected to star.
The Vision and Scarlet Witch, one of the first series that Marvel Studios will be making for Disney’s streaming service Disney+, has landed a writer and showrunner.

Jac Schaeffer, one of the scribes behind Marvel’s upcoming Captain Marvel movie, has been tapped to run point on the series that will focus on the two characters that are integral members of the Avengers. She will pen the pilot and executive produce, say sources.
Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are expected to star in the series, reprising the roles they originated on the big screen.
Marvel, which likes to operate its development under a shield of secrecy, is known to be working on several series that will debut on Disney+. Other known series will focus on Loki, the god of mischief played by Tom Hiddleston, and a team-up of Falcon and Winter Soldier, the heroes played by Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, respectively. Malcolm Spellman (Empire) has been hired to write the latter effort.

Vision and Scarlet Witch are some of Marvel Comics’ most enduring characters, with a (sometime) tender love story binding the two through many decades. Vision is a synthezoid who was created by Ulton, one of the Avengers’ greatest enemies, and is a being who longs for human understanding. Scarlet Witch, whose alter ego is Wanda Maximoff, has various sorcery abilities. The pair have headlined several comics miniseries with their relationship featuring several twisty turns: The two were married and had two kids, which in a later storyline were later revealed to be figments of her imagination. Vision also later created his own android family.

For Schaeffer, the deal to run Vision and Scarlet Witch strengthens her ties to Marvel. In addition to working on Captain Marvel, she also penned the screenplay for Black Widow, Marvel’s movie project centering on the Avengers character played by Scarlett Johansson, which is due to shoot later this year. She also co-wrote the Disney short Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:18 AM   #2
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Can we change the name to WandaVision?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:19 AM   #3
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Does it look like Wanda will be bat crap crazy? She is in our time but when she steps into her house it is the 1950's and Vision is human. All this created in her head. Will Scarlet Witch be the villain in Dr. Strange 2?
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

It should be fun to see how they explain all of this. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Does it look like Wanda will be bat crap crazy? She is in our time but when she steps into her house it is the 1950's and Vision is human. All this created in her head. Will Scarlet Witch be the villain in Dr. Strange 2?
I heard that Nightmare would be the villain but there was some comic where Strange had to subdue SW for some reason.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:36 AM   #6
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I heard that Nightmare would be the villain but there was some comic where Strange had to subdue SW for some reason.
Dr Strange had to subdue the Scarlet Witch in Avengers #500-503, the Avengers Dissembled storyline. That was Brian Michael Bendis's debut on the Avengers. It should be noted that even though it did shake up the Avengers and resulted in an upswing in the sale of the title, he totally ignored well established continuity when making the Scarlet Witch the "villain" of the storyline (which was thankfully explained in the Avengers-Children Crusade storyline.)
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #7
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I mean....Wanda is usually batsh!t. She has been for decades in the comics, the tide just ebbs and flows. Even now in the new Hickman run, Wanda's eradication of mutants is mentioned and they view her heavily as a traitor and villain.

I just wonder if the MCU will ever tackle the No More Mutants storyline once X-Men and Wanda's true powers get established to non-comic readers.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #8
Nebulhym
The X-Men

It would actually be nice to have a villain who isn't just evil but who is driven crazy and villainous because of her inability to control her emotions, which could be caused by the vastness of her powers....or not...
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:55 AM   #9
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Right on, Neb. Which is why Wanda is sad, believable, and still crazy dangerous. It's like Dark Phoenix for the Avengers.

I mean, it was sad and understandable that she made herself a family. Then when she found out about her family...it's understandable she snapped.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 03:52 AM   #10
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Dr Strange had to subdue the Scarlet Witch in Avengers #500-503, the Avengers Dissembled storyline. That was Brian Michael Bendis's debut on the Avengers. It should be noted that even though it did shake up the Avengers and resulted in an upswing in the sale of the title, he totally ignored well established continuity when making the Scarlet Witch the "villain" of the storyline (which was thankfully explained in the Avengers-Children Crusade storyline.)
Bendis and continuity have a rocky relationship. Lol.

But to his credit, he was trying to build upon established history. It wasn’t the first time Wanda was corrupted or snapped. Both her and her brother had separate relapse or villain stints in the 80s. I could be wrong but I believe she snapped in the original story where she found out her kids weren’t real and somehow she was calmed down or made to forget, I don't remember the specifics. Bendis was trying to base his use of her on that original story. I remember Bendis even flashing back to that story during his first arc, “Chaos”.

My biggest complaint with Bendis’ use of her was that he changed her whole power set. SW never had the ability to outright alter reality before Bendis. Her mutant powers were creating “hexes” that caused improbable things to happen. I’d relate it more to Domino’s powers than reality warping, the difference being SW’s powers were more deliberate since she actively caused improbable events through her hexes whereas Domino’s luck power is uncontrollable and completely situational and environmentally reactive. At some point actual magic was added to SW’s skill set.

Somehow the movies gave her telekinesis. She had that mind boggling thing in Age if Ultron but I can’t remember, I don’t think she’s done anything like that since then. It’s been all telekinesis or at least powers that could still potentially be derived from telekinesis (flying, the energy blasts).
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote