Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-18-2021, 01:30 AM   #351
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
I'm so happy to discover it's not just me that thinks these guys are more than a little 'cloak & dagger'. And I've got about six items on pre-order from them!
In self reflection, part of my gripe is simple "hard cheese" at not being able to get a product I wanted in a reasonable manner. However, on top of that, I'm actually relieved to be out of the running for this......assuming there is a "this"

Ultimately, I'd have bought this piece based on one aspect, the portrait. A body is easy to do, and I'm not falling over myself to own a 1/3 Batpod - these would all be secondary to that portrait. That's a lot of money for a headsculpt.

Looking at QS previous performance with polystone "ultra real" Headsculpts (Batman) - I would be nervous if they can deliver this in polystone as they claim.

Now, I have more money available for JND and bikes
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:49 AM   #352
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I’m sort of glad that the decision was made for me. I was half stressing about where I could possibly display the piece. And no way am I going to import her from overseas after knowing how much I could’ve possibly have gotten her from Sugo.
Its back up on the site, they must have secured a 2nd batch. I just ordered.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:08 AM   #353
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Noooo.....!

I finally got used to the idea about not getting it.

I don’t know what to do.

Thanks for the update.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:20 AM   #354
remag
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Take this with a pinch of salt, I'm not going to reveal my "source", but in doing some digging, and speaking directly to a "guy" working in the QS distribution network - they just told me the following......again, pinch of salt.

This statue was never available for pre order or sale.....

So, an email went out from QS (I know, I got it as well) letting collectors and retailers know the statue is available for pre order. Which is why some retailers started advertising pre orders. However, when the retailers tried to get more details - they were told they could not have any quantity, because there were no more statues available.

People will take note: all those retailers that advertised this piece ALL sold out on exactly the same day!!! Coincidence? Maybe. But all of them, Asia, USA, Australia - same day....sold out.

This also explains the reticence of EU retailers to advertise this piece.....it seems (according to my source) - that this is / was vapourware.

So, what is QS playing at? Strategic Marketing? Testing the waters, or trying to mimic the competition (cough - JND).

If (IF) this is true......well, that's some pretty low practice by QS. However, like I said, this could all be hogwash, and it was just a really great product launch....
Hmm, my spec fic status states “authorized” rather than “paid” as previous orders. Fishy indeed.
remag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:38 AM   #355
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Noooo.....!

I finally got used to the idea about not getting it.

I don’t know what to do.

Thanks for the update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by remag View Post
Hmm, my spec fic status states “authorized” rather than “paid” as previous orders. Fishy indeed.
Guys - this proves, in my opinion, that something "sketchy" is at play here. My advice, take it or leave it.....keep your money in your pocket. Do not pre order this product.

My contact told me it was vapourware, and I said take that statement with a grain of salt. Now I think they were being 100% honest. Do not tie up your valuable money on this product, use it for better statues coming down the line.

How can an ES of 888 go "out of stock", and then reappear - 1 DAY LATER - come on, this is a scam.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:11 AM   #356
dechirico7
The Flash

Love this piece.
The portrait is spot on.
Great depiction of the character, her personality.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:39 AM   #357
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Love this piece.
The portrait is spot on.
Great depiction of the character, her personality.
Fully agreed, the ultimate representation of Anna Hathaway's Catwoman 😻
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:41 AM   #358
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Agreed, I can't wait to see the finished 1/6 scale version. This is why I want so desperately for Queen to do a Pfeiffer Catwoman. Their likenesses are absolutely amazing.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:15 AM   #359
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Agreed, I can't wait to see the finished 1/6 scale version. This is why I want so desperately for Queen to do a Pfeiffer Catwoman. Their likenesses are absolutely amazing.
Wow a QS Pfeiffer Catwoman would be absolutely legendary
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:54 AM   #360
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Guys - this proves, in my opinion, that something "sketchy" is at play here. My advice, take it or leave it.....keep your money in your pocket. Do not pre order this product.

My contact told me it was vapourware, and I said take that statement with a grain of salt. Now I think they were being 100% honest. Do not tie up your valuable money on this product, use it for better statues coming down the line.

How can an ES of 888 go "out of stock", and then reappear - 1 DAY LATER - come on, this is a scam.
QS can be called a lot of things, but a scam is not one of them, sorry
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote