Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2023, 05:02 PM   #741
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yeah, I have the Rogue and Gambit, and think they are great. Will is definitely at the top of his game. Even characters that I only have a passing interest in, his sculpts make me take a second look. Same for Canale, thats why I have the recent Sabertooth, despite trying to pass on it. Just pure art.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:21 PM   #742
Onewiththeforce
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yeah, I have the Rogue and Gambit, and think they are great. Will is definitely at the top of his game. Even characters that I only have a passing interest in, his sculpts make me take a second look. Same for Canale, thats why I have the recent Sabertooth, despite trying to pass on it. Just pure art.
as is the underrated taskmaster.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:39 PM   #743
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
as is the underrated taskmaster.
They made too many of him. It’s an awesome statue though. Glad I have it. But there should’ve been like 800 of him max. It’s Taskmaster, even very well done he’s not going to sell as many units as Beast or Nightwing or Archangel or Shazam or Ghost Rider or Loki or Blade or…oh, wait…
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 11:15 PM   #744
Onewiththeforce
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

No worries. As long as one Taskmaster made it into my collection, I’m good.

But yea, if only they would have made that ES number in the Poison Ivy instead of the 250 they released.

Go figure…. 250 on a character already did three times before…. And an astronomical number on a type 2 tier 2 character they have never done before.

Yup….

Makes sense to me.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 02:04 AM   #745
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
They made too many of him. It?s an awesome statue though. Glad I have it. But there should?ve been like 800 of him max. It?s Taskmaster, even very well done he?s not going to sell as many units as Beast or Nightwing or Archangel or Shazam or Ghost Rider or Loki or Blade or?oh, wait?
You know people think that about a lot of the statues on sale but I've realized that maybe Sideshow really did know what they were doing and we're all just making assumptions from our own point of view.

Selling through that 750 at full price is nice and all but if you thought you could sell a few hundred more only at a discount then why not? Sure its a reduced profit but its still more total profit than would have been had if they stopped at 850. Of course HIGHLY doubtful they even produced 1500 REG + 750 EX but hey retail orders may have worth it.

Only reason I haven't got it is the fabric cloak. Promo looks good but production posed by collectors is definitely hit or miss. Even the updated production pics he's got dingy whit boots and gauntlets but a stark white cloak. Just doesn't look cohesive.
Everything else A+.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote