Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-03-2021, 05:29 PM   #61
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

I’d give the movie a 9/10, and I deducted a point because there were some boring parts with humans blabbing a lot. I’m the type of movie watcher who wants pure entertainment, not complex characters or deep plots that make you think of some boring crap. Save that stuff for the dumpster and give me more of the MonsterVerse!!
The writing and acting were good enough for me and got the job done, just less of it would have been better.

Hopefully a full size statue of Godzilla and a new Kong from this movie is on the way! The busts are REALLY tempting though but I’d rather use the money towards a full size statue.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:35 PM   #62
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
I’d give the movie a 9/10, and I deducted a point because there were some boring parts with humans blabbing a lot. I’m the type of movie watcher who wants pure entertainment, not complex characters or deep plots that make you think of some boring crap. Save that stuff for the dumpster and give me more of the MonsterVerse!!
The writing and acting were good enough for me and got the job done, just less of it would have been better.

Hopefully a full size statue of Godzilla and a new Kong from this movie is on the way! The busts are REALLY tempting though but I’d rather use the money towards a full size statue.
9 out of 10 that’s one hell of a score. 1 point away from perfection.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:56 PM   #63
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Godzilla is hurting people and we don't know why!
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:27 PM   #64
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I can't grasp how anybody can give a negative grade to KoTM. I loved this movie and found it to be a masterpiece (but this is coming from a huge Godzilla Fan). The designs/concepts of the monsters were the best yet. One of my biggest complaints from many other Godzilla Movies was that it didn't have enough spotlight on Godzilla and far too much on human characters nobody is going to give a crap about. This movie fixed both issues at once. Godzilla was in much of the movie at the right times and for the most part I was ok with the human cast. The fights, plot, and how the whole story meshed was phenomenal. I liked how Ghidorah was a complete outsider and I also liked how this movie brought both east and western cultures together. I literally have no cons/critiques for this movie The original Godzilla, Final Wars,and 2019 King of Monsters are the best Godzilla Movies out there in my books.

As for this bust, I'm not a person that collects them but I may make an exception. This is such a creative work of art. I'd probably switch it around either to the front or back. Both sides look amazing.

Wondering if the production piece will look as good as the prototype. Not sure if its me but the later Prime 1 Production pieces almost have been dropping when it comes to paint quality.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:40 PM   #65
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Now I know it wasn’t the greatest of films, but it wasn’t that bad. It’s not Shakespeare, far from it, but if you found it that boring, you must fall asleep in a lot of movies. Heck a lot of sci-fi/fantasy films are far slower than King of the Monsters ended up being.
i'm being hard on it...i know. I do recognize that.

i don't doze off during films but i did during that one haha. The quicksand-like story and the constant crazy dark scenes that practically rocked me to sleep. The CGI was over the top and thought the film was missing the charming little things that made the Godzilla franchise so enjoyable. I'm gonna revisit it and give it another honest look, i didn't sleep through the whole thing but i watched enough to know that i couldn't believe that i thought it was on par with G14, i hated that movie.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:10 AM   #66
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i'm being hard on it...i know. I do recognize that.

i don't doze off during films but i did during that one haha. The quicksand-like story and the constant crazy dark scenes that practically rocked me to sleep. The CGI was over the top and thought the film was missing the charming little things that made the Godzilla franchise so enjoyable. I'm gonna revisit it and give it another honest look, i didn't sleep through the whole thing but i watched enough to know that i couldn't believe that i thought it was on par with G14, i hated that movie.
Well everyone has their own particular tastes.

I myself hated the Joker film, which I know most truly loved. I have a passing familiarity with the ‘source’ material, but I just couldn’t stand it. I haven’t looked at my watch/phone clock so often while watching a film in a cinema in decades.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:34 AM   #67
wayne-m0
The Spirit

I love Godzilla and I love Kong. For me its a no brainer to get both providing funds can be made available. So many other full body version but for me the details on the head are awesome and i like large scale. Personal taste etc but for me its the best piece I have seen and a go from me. Bring on a matching Kong bust please P1 opposite one another what a great display! Big fan of monster movies anyway.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:04 AM   #68
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

KotM is such a good monster movie, it felt so much more in the spirit of the toho movies compared to 2014, all out monster action!

Very comparable to GMK for obvious reasons and GMK is one of the best Godzilla, and monster movies ever!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:47 AM   #69
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I had fun watching this new movie. As everyone has been mentioning the human stuff isn’t the greatest, but honestly it was only the kids investigating Apex which I would’ve removed, whereas those with Kong were fine imo.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #70
SuperWeird
Frackin!

The story is beyond terrible and the actors are annoying, but the Zilla vs Kong action is epically badass.

Regarding this bust, it looks amazing and I’m seriously considering it as my first Prime 1 piece. However they’ve already announced they will also be making full body Godzilla statues too, and since this bust is 2 years away, I’m just gonna wait and see what other Godzilla statues they reveal before making a purchase. Doubt the bust is selling out anytime soon.
SuperWeird is offline   Reply With Quote