Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-30-2022, 03:08 PM   #11
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
I've been watching this since day 1, and I'm so tempted. But the reality is it probably won't get fully funded, it's A LOT of money to pay up front and to have faith in the final release being the actual product that's being promoted here, and it's just too expensive for what it is. If it was anywhere near $200-$300, then I would. But $600? yikes...
You won't get anything near this quality for 300, would be great value at 600 IMO
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:49 PM   #12
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I'd be all about an Enterprise D or E at this scale. I was always more of a TNG fan.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:19 PM   #13
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Don?t see this happening.
I'm afraid your right. I'll ad myself to the list, but I'm not terribly optimistic. It's a shame, I really want that open shuttle bay, and the weight of a die cast replica in this scale.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:19 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
I've been watching this since day 1, and I'm so tempted. But the reality is it probably won't get fully funded, it's A LOT of money to pay up front and to have faith in the final release being the actual product that's being promoted here, and it's just too expensive for what it is. If it was anywhere near $200-$300, then I would. But $600? yikes...
Why not just ask to get it for free? $600 is a great price for this.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:53 PM   #15
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Why not just ask to get it for free? $600 is a great price for this.
What a stupid reply.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:42 AM   #16
MTT
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This would have been awesome. But as living in eu I'm ruled out ��
MTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 11:34 AM   #17
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
What a stupid reply.
Unfortunately, in almost any kind of collecting hobby, seeing 3 figure price tags is already quite amazing.

It's not ideal, but that's just how it is today. $600 used to be a lot of money, but now, it's just the cost of the entry ticket - drinks and snacks are extra
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 12:51 PM   #18
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Unfortunately, in almost any kind of collecting hobby, seeing 3 figure price tags is already quite amazing.

It's not ideal, but that's just how it is today. $600 used to be a lot of money, but now, it's just the cost of the entry ticket - drinks and snacks are extra
I get the whole "three-figure price tag" being today's standard cost. But to insinuate that because I'm saying I'd be more comfortable paying around half the price of what TOMY is asking for is the same as me asking for it for free is really stupid.

Here are the facts as far as I can see:

-This is a first time created "toy/replica" that we have no idea what the final quality will be
-They want $3million dollars in total for this project to go ahead, but have(are) doing a crap job promoting it even existing, let alone they're trying to get that money in 30 days (which means they needed to make $100,000 each day, which equals to 20 orders per day)
-There are no bonus/unlockable incentives. They added on the shuttles/shuttle bay at random, and have nothing else to help excite customers to even make them want to buy more (like said in another reply, maybe design a better base at a certain tier, or even include a stupid poster at a certain tier, or something)
-They haven't shown anything other than the ship. No packaging mockups, no making of videos or pics of how this prototype was created, etc...

Basically, they're depending on a fanatics love to fund this project without even promising other fans of other ships that more could be made, leaving them not caring about this succeeding (TNG, DS9, maybe the nuTrek crap, non-Federation ships, etc).

There's no question I want this ship. But looking at its lack of promotion and lack of excitement from TOMY doesn't make me as excited as I (and other customers) need to be.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:31 PM   #19
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I get the whole "three-figure price tag" being today's standard cost. But to insinuate that because I'm saying I'd be more comfortable paying around half the price of what TOMY is asking for is the same as me asking for it for free is really stupid.

Here are the facts as far as I can see:

-This is a first time created "toy/replica" that we have no idea what the final quality will be
-They want $3million dollars in total for this project to go ahead, but have(are) doing a crap job promoting it even existing, let alone they're trying to get that money in 30 days (which means they needed to make $100,000 each day, which equals to 20 orders per day)
-There are no bonus/unlockable incentives. They added on the shuttles/shuttle bay at random, and have nothing else to help excite customers to even make them want to buy more (like said in another reply, maybe design a better base at a certain tier, or even include a stupid poster at a certain tier, or something)
-They haven't shown anything other than the ship. No packaging mockups, no making of videos or pics of how this prototype was created, etc...

Basically, they're depending on a fanatics love to fund this project without even promising other fans of other ships that more could be made, leaving them not caring about this succeeding (TNG, DS9, maybe the nuTrek crap, non-Federation ships, etc).

There's no question I want this ship. But looking at its lack of promotion and lack of excitement from TOMY doesn't make me as excited as I (and other customers) need to be.
That's definitely evident by the fact this one won't go ahead

I was skeptical from the start about whether they could deliver (no pun intended as they don't ship overseas anyway!) I would be more than happy paying 600 if the finished product looked like their pics. You simply can't get a die cast, light up enterprise of this quality for cheaper, so the price is understandable (to me, even a bargain and too good to be true)

For all the reasons you've stated, however, there hasn't been nearly enough interest in this piece, so we'll never know if they could have produced anything resembling their promo pics. Like I said before, you won't get anything near this quality for 300 bucks
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:43 PM   #20
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

The price is a bargain. You will not find this scale with all those features cheaper, there is no other product available. The old Master Replicas model was well over a grand years ago. Even if you build the available styrene kit yourself you will spend real money getting all the kits and build supplies, and you need the skills and time.

But they seriously botched this campaign, it was set up to fail from day one. I'm a backer but it's clear it's going to fail. They needed to promote this during SDCC and Trek conventions first, and provide enough time for the campaign and enable international backers.

Sad, this would really have been a great item, damn it.

IF it needed dragging over the finish line I would go in for two, but it's not going to even get close.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote