Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-18-2022, 05:41 PM   #611
fox
Doh!

I hope that too..
I haven't tought about that ..
fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 06:03 PM   #612
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox View Post
I got my Alita bust 4 months ago but hadn't had the time to unpack and assemble the bust because I have no display stand with a glas to protect the bust from dust. Does anyone have some recommendations for such display stands?
funny you ask.

I just talked to someone here yesterday. I got a quote for a 20" x 20" (I don't have room to display the arm and sword atm) x 32" tall case (no base) for just over $400 + another $170 shipping to the east coast.

Here's the thing- in the included maintenance guide, Queen recommends keeping it dust free, while at the same time making sure there is adequate ventilation.

Because of cost, I've been mulling over making my own case to my exact needs. For one thing, I don't need a clear panel in the back, and replacing that with something that allows for airflow, while still filtering out dust, would be ideal. That would also allow me to run cords in from the outside for interior lighting.

Otherwise, the idea of getting something ordered that is basically plug and play, has a lot of appeal.

There is a 4 week turnaround with them, plus however long it takes once shipped.

If I build it myself, I was probably going to order the acrylic panels, and solvent to weld them together, from here.

One of the problems I foresee with DIY, is that the cuts on the panels are likely going to be off a fraction of inch from each other, and any slight variance will have to be accounted for where the edges meet the base and in the back because all the three side panels will need to square up the best they can with the top panel.
That is, if I went with a clear top panel at all. I'll probably want to put a couple light above as well as at the base, and having a 2" black cap at the top - similar to this set up - might be a good way to hide them.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:20 PM   #613
K1NG J0RDAN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Sounds like it's gonna be a long weekend for you, King.

Enjoy the anticipation while it lasts.
It says tomorrow again now! Hope they come through.
K1NG J0RDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:21 PM   #614
K1NG J0RDAN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
That scared me.. Hopefully the box isn't trashed. Lmao
K1NG J0RDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:11 PM   #615
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I just assembled my Alita to make sure everything fits. And I am left wondering what to do with these threaded spikes and caps. I didn't see them in the official Queen Studios videos. What are they for?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8714.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	448.8 KB
ID:	147745  
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 03:21 AM   #616
fox
Doh!

Quote:
funny you ask.

One of the problems I foresee with DIY, is that the cuts on the panels are likely going to be off a fraction of inch from each other, and any slight variance will have to be accounted for where the edges meet the base and in the back because all the three side panels will need to square up the best they can with the top panel.
That is, if I went with a clear top panel at all. I'll probably want to put a couple light above as well as at the base, and having a 2" black cap at the top - similar to this set up - might be a good way to hide them.
Yeah, I couldn't find any fitting display stands with glass. Most are way smaller than I need it. It has to be at least 76cm (widht) x 76cm (lenght) x 90cm (height) according to a reference picture I got from Queen Studios.

The glass should have a door, so that I can open it from the side. Light should be available inside and I thought about a turntable so that the bust can rotate under the glass but then I think it has to be at least 90cm x 90cm x 90cm. And so far I could find a display stand in these dimensions... and also a display stand turntable seems to be hard to find.

I think I will need to ask a carpenter for help.
fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 04:11 AM   #617
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I just assembled my Alita to make sure everything fits. And I am left wondering what to do with these threaded spikes and caps. I didn't see them in the official Queen Studios videos. What are they for?
I'm guessing they are for the plaque.

Threw me at first, too.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:19 AM   #618
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox View Post
Yeah, I couldn't find any fitting display stands with glass. Most are way smaller than I need it. It has to be at least 76cm (widht) x 76cm (lenght) x 90cm (height) according to a reference picture I got from Queen Studios.

The glass should have a door, so that I can open it from the side. Light should be available inside and I thought about a turntable so that the bust can rotate under the glass but then I think it has to be at least 90cm x 90cm x 90cm. And so far I could find a display stand in these dimensions... and also a display stand turntable seems to be hard to find.

I think I will need to ask a carpenter for help.
If you want to do a case for the whole shebang, arm & sword, you're going to want to source that locally or DIY. Otherwise you'd be looking at freight shipping on top of the already high cost.

I dunno if you're in the states, but TAP Plastics sells handles and acrylic hinges if you go tthe DIY route.

Even if you get it done locally, using glass is going to make it super heavy, and super expensive.

If you want it rotating- sword and all- that enclosure is going to end up having a beast of a footprint. It might take up as much space as a love seat.

Looking forward to seeing what you eventually come up with.
Old 03-19-2022, 05:05 AM   #619
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Handowan View Post
@Armored_Berserk: Any chance that you can answer my questions above? Would be highly appreciated
I receive the regular, end of year from Derivstore.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 05:12 PM   #620
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
I'm guessing they are for the plaque.

Threw me at first, too.
I see, for free-standing certificate versus a wall mount. Thanks.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote