Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-08-2023, 02:41 AM   #441
iceprince_x
Deadman

When are we getting a Rachel Summers in her hound costume and a Selene Black Queen
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 01:45 PM   #442
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I adore Mystique, but how do you remaster her already when they've not done a non-exclusive Jubilee yet, or a bunch of other characters that I'd like to see before they start redoing them. Oh well.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 08:39 AM   #443
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I adore Mystique, but how do you remaster her already when they've not done a non-exclusive Jubilee yet, or a bunch of other characters that I'd like to see before they start redoing them. Oh well.
Agreed.

That's Professor X and now Mystique remastered,and yet no non-exclusive Jubilee and Shadowcat,no Polaris,Longshot,Shatterstar ,Blink, Sunfire or Toad announced.

I've said the same about the DC line,where they showed the artwork for Supergirl and Raven,who drew the biggest gasps of admiration from the audience of everything shown,last December,yet announce remasters of Flash,Deathstroke and Plastic-man instead.

Iron Studios really are losing the plot here.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 10:31 AM   #444
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Maybe they know something we don't. Look how long it took them to reveal the 1/4 Beast even though they announced it three years ago. Now (spoiler alert) he's in the MCU and we finally see the statue. Probably explains why we got another Xavier since he appeared in Multiverse of Madness.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 01:41 PM   #445
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

To be fair Professor X and Mystique were the first 2 released even before Iron Studios announced the X-Men Sentinel dioramas. They sold out pretty fast and became really really hard to find. I think alot of collectors complained to IS about this when the X-Men line was released and put the bug in their head to re-release alternatives to help the market. I think it's actually a big thing to do on their behalf to try and help out the community by giving them another chance. They could have just said "too bad we already released them" and forced collectors to pay $500-$800 on aftermarket for Professor X and Mystique. So regardless of them not address the other characters you guys are listing, you have to give them their props for this part. I'm sure in due time any announced characters will eventually find their way out. It does take a LONGGGG LONGGGG time these days. They have so many licenses. They can't possibly have enough staff to constantly be working on ALL of them.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 06:02 AM   #446
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

There couldn't have been that much demand for another Professor X...they're being dumped by retailers in the UK,and plenty available on ebay too.

For example the French retailer Figurine Collector ,which supplies a lot of collectors throughout Europe,still has five available on ebay.

UK retailer The Card Vault has reduced the price from GBP199-99 down to GBP149.95 and still has four left.

I suspect Mystique will go the same way.

Collectors want new characters done,not rehashes of past characters already done.

I'm a typical collector and i collect two lines from Iron Studios...Marvel and DC Comic versions in 1/10...and i'll be getting just four statues from them next year,assuming they actually get released next year,with, on what's just been announced,just three the following year.

Other collectors will be collecting from different lines of course,but i'd guess with me collecting from two lines that have a vast range of characters to make potential statues from i'd probably be getting more than most IF the statues actually got made....and there will be others like me.

Terrible business move on the part of Iron Studios.

On another note, what on Earth is going on with the X-men Age of Apocalypse line....they've been up for pre-order for ages,but i don't believe any have actually been released yet ?
Old 12-13-2023, 10:29 AM   #447
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
There couldn't have been that much demand for another Professor X...they're being dumped by retailers in the UK,and plenty available on ebay too.

For example the French retailer Figurine Collector ,which supplies a lot of collectors throughout Europe,still has five available on ebay.

UK retailer The Card Vault has reduced the price from GBP199-99 down to GBP149.95 and still has four left.

I suspect Mystique will go the same way.

Collectors want new characters done,not rehashes of past characters already done.

I'm a typical collector and i collect two lines from Iron Studios...Marvel and DC Comic versions in 1/10...and i'll be getting just four statues from them next year,assuming they actually get released next year,with, on what's just been announced,just three the following year.

Other collectors will be collecting from different lines of course,but i'd guess with me collecting from two lines that have a vast range of characters to make potential statues from i'd probably be getting more than most IF the statues actually got made....and there will be others like me.

Terrible business move on the part of Iron Studios.

On another note, what on Earth is going on with the X-men Age of Apocalypse line....they've been up for pre-order for ages,but i don't believe any have actually been released yet ?

While I can't speak for the UK sales, I know in the US both Professor X and Mystique were a pain to find. Heck I sold mine off when Sentinel Diorama 1 came out, for about $500 each. Even now, looking at US ebay, Professor X in hoverchair has 1 listing for like $600 and 1 for $999. Obviously looking at recent sales looks like 3-4 listings went for an average of $333. So not exactly a deal. He still seems to be holding his value in the US. Mystique is even worst looking like $445+ in recent sales. So not to say deals can't be had but these 2 are still holding their value here. The wheelchair Professor X is just not better imo than the hoverchair version. But it seems like from your comments that the UK is the place to look to pick these up for people looking for them if they are that cheap and available.

But to say you speak for "all" collectors by saying they don't wan't rehashes they want new characters, I don't know I would be that forthcoming. Of course people want new characters. But people also want a fair chance at a key character of a certain line. How many times over in the Sideshow thread are people talking about how they want new characters but keep getting the 8th Batman or 5 Wolverine? These companies know what sells, so I would leave it up to them to trust they know what's best for their companies. I definitely wouldn't call releasing alternative statues of 2 that sold out a "terrible business move" when they know they will make money off of this.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:23 AM   #448
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

It's terrible business on Iron Studios part in that the retailers who buy from them are now stuck with statues they can't shift,which means they'll probably reduce future orders from Iron Studios.

That will lead to Iron Studios having to make less numbers of any given statues,which reduces their profits...in an already tight/declining market because of the struggling economies of many countries.

Far better business to make statues of new characters that will sell....because, as i've shown, the rehashed Professor X didn't sell very well at all.

One UK-based original version of Iron Studios hoverchair Professor X for sale on UK ebay today for GBP330 ( $413 ) or best offer...with free postage.

There's a Mystique available on UK ebay from Turkey for GBP342 ( $428 ) or best offer, including postage.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:48 PM   #449
AC_808
Hercules

Would be perfect if along with Mystique, they also make Avalanche, Destiny and Toad in this line up.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 04:13 PM   #450
Infinite GLORY

Chelseaboy I will agree to disagree on our opinions on this . We can both be right haha. I do agree statue collecting in general is declining across all brands. That could be chalked up to a number of reasons that I won't delve into. I do hope IS follows through on all shown statues and they get released at some point.

As far as your other question on the X-Men AoA line, they have been released, atleast in the states. I remember getting an email from IS indicating most of them were all available - Wolverine, Bishop, Rogue, Colossus. They are now sold out. I think Sideshow is the same way. Looking at popcultcha, they currently have them all in stock.

So if you haven't seen them yet on any UK sites where you are, maybe check the release schedule there or ask the vendors? I know UK has a different release schedule than the US. Just not sure if they hit here first or there. But either way they are out.