Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #481
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
3000 es
Again, there doesn't seem to be any urgency to order a SSC piece right away these days as most of the recent edition sizes seem to be huge.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:16 AM   #482
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Again, there doesn't seem to be any urgency to order a SSC piece right away these days as most of the recent edition sizes seem to be huge.
It's interesting... for all the complaints about rising prices causing collectors to leave the hobby, or how companies are hurting themselves, recent ES's (Surfer, Pfeiffer CW, SW, QS WW) and sell outs like that QS CW on Batpod really say otherwise, it would seem.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:22 AM   #483
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It's interesting... for all the complaints about rising prices causing collectors to leave the hobby, or how companies are hurting themselves, recent ES's (Surfer, Pfeiffer CW, SW, QS WW) and sell outs like that QS CW on Batpod really say otherwise, it would seem.
Good point.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:52 AM   #484
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

It's likely pushing out older collectors or just making them way more cautious to buying anything new. Also there are more people getting into the hobby. Not realizing how quickly expensive it can get. Interestingly enough I still see alot of folks on SS FB page saying "this will be my first PO".

Heck as much as I enjoy the hobby at times, I usually tell people not to get into it, unless they have the space/money.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:54 AM   #485
SDguy

Tons of new people, I am sure at least partially due to pandemic quarantine. I hear people complain all the time about missing a statue because they weren't collecting then... I'm like, wasn't that for sale last year?!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:11 AM   #486
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
3000 es
i plan to get it to pair up with Dr. Strange. Glad to see I don't have to rush.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:25 AM   #487
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Tons of new people, I am sure at least partially due to pandemic quarantine. I hear people complain all the time about missing a statue because they weren't collecting then... I'm like, wasn't that for sale last year?!
I'm guessing that's why the ES's are so high at times, they figure if they get X amount, of PO's, add 60% more to the ES, cause newer fan's will get a chance to get them. Maybe that's part of it ?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:29 AM   #488
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:34 AM   #489
Peedi
The Secret Six

Also I think sometimes those of us that collect long term underestimate the amount of people who may buy 1 statue of a favorite character and call it a wrap. There are a lot of people on this planet lol. That probably adds up to a lot of sales which adds to why the more popular characters are constantly made or ES is higher than expected on certain characters. Think Seinfeld and his Superman statue. He didn’t have a whole collection. Just that one off.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:36 AM   #490
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Also I think sometimes those of us that collect long term underestimate the amount of people who may buy 1 statue of a favorite character and call it a wrap. There are a lot of people on this planet lol. That probably adds up to a lot of sales which adds to why the more popular characters are constantly made or ES is higher than expected on certain characters. Think Seinfeld and his Superman statue. He didn’t have a whole collection. Just that one off.
Yeah, my brother has zero interest as a hobby, but if they ever made a Grifter PF it would become his lone statue to sit on his work desk.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote