Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-05-2021, 06:11 PM   #91
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
It would make sense to do a white suit version to tie in with the film.
I’m not sure that’ll be the best option. They would definitely be able to have a higher edition size if they went with the black over the white costume.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:15 PM   #92
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I’m not sure that’ll be the best option. They would definitely be able to have a higher edition size if they went with the black over the white costume.
There's just so many Widow in a black suit, basically all of them. I'd like to see something different for once. Or at least a smaller ES white suit.
FastballSpecial is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 11:10 PM   #93
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
There's just so many Widow in a black suit, basically all of them. I'd like to see something different for once. Or at least a smaller ES white suit.
But how many of them are actually liked? In 1/4 scale the only one that is more or less approved of is the Gentle Giant one, and that one only had something like a 600 edition size.

I can’t wait for Queen to try their hand at her face sculpt, which overnight will render the GG to a thing of the past.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:29 AM   #94
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I think GG will always be a classic, but I agree you can't deny queen will be impressive and likely better, but for the cost I expect that
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:31 PM   #95
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I think GG will always be a classic, but I agree you can't deny queen will be impressive and likely better, but for the cost I expect that
The GG sports a typically sublime Harbottle sculpt for the figure, while utilizing the actual 3D scans GG took of Scarlet for use in the films digital effects.
It doesn't get much more accurate than that.
Additionally the paint apps were stellar across the entire (low ES) run.

Many people were, and still are, turned off by the non traditional, non environmental base.
For me, that just makes the piece that much more singular, and cements the focus fully on the excellent figure and portrait.

Like everyone else I'm Looking forward to seeing what Queen produces. But as a big fan of the character I can't honestly say I'm as taken with her looks post Winter Soldier.
Civil War is an exception, but for the most part I'm quite happy to have her appearance in WS captured as well as it was in the GG- if that's the only BW statue I ever own.

A long winded way to say that I agree that the GG will continue to have some cachet down the road, no matter what Queen comes up with.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #96
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
The GG sports a typically sublime Harbottle sculpt for the figure, while utilizing the actual 3D scans GG took of Scarlet for use in the films digital effects.
It doesn't get much more accurate than that.
Additionally the paint apps were stellar across the entire (low ES) run.

Many people were, and still are, turned off by the non traditional, non environmental base.
For me, that just makes the piece that much more singular, and cements the focus fully on the excellent figure and portrait.

Like everyone else I'm Looking forward to seeing what Queen produces. But as a big fan of the character I can't honestly say I'm as taken with her looks post Winter Soldier.
Civil War is an exception, but for the most part I'm quite happy to have her appearance in WS captured as well as it was in the GG- if that's the only BW statue I ever own.

A long winded way to say that I agree that the GG will continue to have some cachet down the road, no matter what Queen comes up with.
Definitely, I'm glad I picked her up when she came out. Spec fiction were selling her for $299, those were the days! I never got the hate for her base either, I'm sure collectors regretted passing on her due to that

I agree her looks in more recent films haven't been my faves either, her black outfit from her solo movie may turn out to be her definitive look (and statue) as it's closest to the comics, so maybe that would be good

If they do her civil war look, that could complement their spidey. Have almost given up hope of an avengers 1 look though lol so am hoping it's from her film now
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:11 AM   #97
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

2 days until Black Widow is out here in the states. 1 Day if you count early Thursday night showings (that's when I'm going ) soooo can we see something already? Ha.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:12 PM   #98
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
I hope "following days" mean this week
Unfortunately not...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black widow reveal 3.png
Views:	71
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	141075  
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:31 AM   #99
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Saw this movie last night, and unfortunately it wasn't great. It wasn't bad, but just was meh. Maybe a 2nd viewing will help with that. It wasn't the solo black widow film she deserved. And I won't even get started on Taskmaster.

With that said, regarding this statue, i'd much prefer the black suit. The white suit was only on her for 1 action scene. Trailers made it seem like the whole movie. The black suit has potential to look really cool.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:47 AM   #100
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Saw this movie last night, and unfortunately it wasn't great. It wasn't bad, but just was meh. Maybe a 2nd viewing will help with that. It wasn't the solo black widow film she deserved. And I won't even get started on Taskmaster.

With that said, regarding this statue, i'd much prefer the black suit. The white suit was only on her for 1 action scene. Trailers made it seem like the whole movie. The black suit has potential to look really cool.
I know you guys put a lot of emphasis on the "quality" (not sure if that's the right term) of the movie's, but I always feel this is somehow limiting the potential to enjoy these statues as the 3D art that they are.

From the perspective of investment, then sure, the success of a movie plays a role. But these character designs (IMHO) transcend the ability of the studio teams to craft an enjoyable story.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote