Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #451
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Beautiful work!
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #452
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_spidey View Post
Beautiful work!
Thanks........want one?? lol
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #453
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedWonder View Post
Hi Folks! I thought you might enjoy my photographs of the Christopher Reeve Superman and fan-enhanced evil Superman figures here: http://www.capedwonder.com/wp-conten...figures-01.jpg and here: http://www.capedwonder.com/wp-conten...-Bowers-01.jpg
Love these pics. Thanks!
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #454
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Crappy iPhone pic of mine...love this figure.

cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #455
Kicksplode
Adamantium Member

I've been thinking about picking this up for a while. I read one review on Amazon where the reviewer suggested buying Mattel's 1:6 Movie Masters Superman and swapping out the boots, head, and body from the Hot Toys figure. Theoretically this is cheaper than buying the full Hot Toys figure, but I'm curious how the combination looks. They claimed it's superior to the Hot Toys figure alone. Has anyone tried this or know where I might find pics?
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #456
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
I've been thinking about picking this up for a while. I read one review on Amazon where the reviewer suggested buying Mattel's 1:6 Movie Masters Superman and swapping out the boots, head, and body from the Hot Toys figure. Theoretically this is cheaper than buying the full Hot Toys figure, but I'm curious how the combination looks. They claimed it's superior to the Hot Toys figure alone. Has anyone tried this or know where I might find pics?
I just bought the HT Superman yesterday. Will be my 3rd one (Keaton Batman, Indiana Jones). Personally, not into modifying dolls but I think the HT one looks great from the pics and the ones I've seen in person. Hope to have it by next weekend.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #457
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
Sorry Kicksplode; are the head, boots and body claimed superior than on the HT's piece of Mattel piece?
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #458
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Found the listing and answered my own question - that suggestion could save someone a few bucks and provide a pretty cool figure. I was going to do something similar with my bank robbery Joker as it has the best Ledger Joker headsculpts by HT's IMHO but I want him in a "purple suit". Unfortunately by the time I get all the clothing it starts knocking on the price point of a new Joker 2.0.....
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #459
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

If anyone is interested in getting their base modified with LEDs let me know
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #460
Kicksplode
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Found the listing and answered my own question - that suggestion could save someone a few bucks and provide a pretty cool figure. I was going to do something similar with my bank robbery Joker as it has the best Ledger Joker headsculpts by HT's IMHO but I want him in a "purple suit". Unfortunately by the time I get all the clothing it starts knocking on the price point of a new Joker 2.0.....
Right, obviously the head sculpt is going to be better on the Hot Toys version, but I guess that person is claiming the costume is better on the Movie Masters version (aside from the boots). From what I can tell the eBay prices on the Superman head aren't as astronomical as the various Joker heads, so I'm considering giving this a try.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote