Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-28-2018, 07:45 PM   #101
ALF_1
Justice League

He looks good but if you havent seen Sideshows LSF Maul then you would know the quality on that one is much, much better! This is a great 1/4 scale but it really doesnt compare to how amazing the LSF is..

The tailored outfit on the LSF is top notch, Light up sabers turn on like how it looks in the movie when the beam powers up and down.. There are much more details on the LSF.

The LSF brings a dark presence to any room and this XM one will be good but just not on the same level as the LSF.. The only thing it has going good for the XM one is the dynamic pose, but I feel like people overate XM.. XM pieces are great, but others are just as good or better.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:13 PM   #102
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
He looks good but if you havent seen Sideshows LSF Maul then you would know the quality on that one is much, much better! This is a great 1/4 scale but it really doesnt compare to how amazing the LSF is..

The tailored outfit on the LSF is top notch, Light up sabers turn on like how it looks in the movie when the beam powers up and down.. There are much more details on the LSF.

The LSF brings a dark presence to any room and this XM one will be good but just not on the same level as the LSF.. The only thing it has going good for the XM one is the dynamic pose, but I feel like people overate XM.. XM pieces are great, but others are just as good or better.
Apples and oranges. I got the Maul LSF and I felt it was cheaply made and way over priced. The head is light weight hollow and there isn't much sculpted on it. I look forward to the XM piece.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:19 AM   #103
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, definitely an apples to oranges comparison there. The LSF certainly isn’t without it’s own issues. That said I don’t see how anyone can even evaluate the XM piece fairly when it isn’t even out yet. Not sure what the video posted is all about since it takes a FB account to view.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:22 AM   #104
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

The video shows just a painted prototype unboxing, not the final piece. Like the statues from events.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:53 AM   #105
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
The video shows just a painted prototype unboxing, not the final piece. Like the statues from events.
Ah, thanks. Much ado about nothing then. The videos from the events looked great and gave me every angle I really needed to see of the prototype. If the production piece turns out even close to that it’s a serious candidate for the most impressive 1:4 scale SW statue ever produced IMO.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:17 AM   #106
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:

the lsf leaves plenty to be desired.

1. a saber hilt that is far too large in diameter. almost comically so.

2. his boots. too big.

3. the proportions. get the robe out of the way and compare his upper and lower halves. .

I would take this over the lsf any day of the week.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:55 AM   #107
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Ah, thanks. Much ado about nothing then. The videos from the events looked great and gave me every angle I really needed to see of the prototype. If the production piece turns out even close to that it’s a serious candidate for the most impressive 1:4 scale SW statue ever produced IMO.
I would have to agree with that...

At STGCC, they were setting him up behind my back while I was taking pics of Poison Ivy at the next table...I remember turning around to see this guy all set up and being floored. It is a fantastic looking piece.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:56 PM   #108
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Good news. I find this piece to be exceptional.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:43 PM   #109
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
the lsf leaves plenty to be desired.

1. a saber hilt that is far too large in diameter. almost comically so.

2. his boots. too big.

3. the proportions. get the robe out of the way and compare his upper and lower halves. .

I would take this over the lsf any day of the week.

His saber hilt is perfect in size as well as his boots... There is nothing wrong and people that look at these things for a perfect size in my opinion are nuts... The proportions are perfect on the MAUL LSF!

Do you even own the Maul? Everything on him in person is fine and the head sculpt is very good! It did have premimum quality and no this XM will not compare to the LSF as being better. Apples and oranges are both tasty.. The XM one is good, but still levels lower compared to LSF status.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #110
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
His saber hilt is perfect in size as well as his boots... There is nothing wrong and people that look at these things for a perfect size in my opinion are nuts... The proportions are perfect on the MAUL LSF!

Do you even own the Maul? Everything on him in person is fine and the head sculpt is very good! It did have premimum quality and no this XM will not compare to the LSF as being better. Apples and oranges are both tasty.. The XM one is good, but still levels lower compared to LSF status.
The LSF Maul was panned by most Star Wars collectors. It was an awkard looking piece to say the least. It's great that you like it though!

In my opinion the LSF Maul ranks lowest of all the Sideshow Mauls. The most recent PF is one of the best Star Wars PFs Sideshow's done.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote