Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-26-2021, 03:32 AM   #441
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:00 AM   #442
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thanks! If the Mamegyorai is what you really want, you should have it. If the P1 Chappy is enough to make you happy, then so be it.
So, can I ask if you are now gainfully employed?[/QUOTE]

Yes indeed. I don't make nearly as much as I did previously, so I have to be extra selective about what I collect now. I guess it humbles you a bit when you suddenly don't have the luxury of throwing cash at a hobby anymore. That's ok though, it will just make me appreciate the pieces I do get.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:11 PM   #443
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
Yes indeed. I don't make nearly as much as I did previously, so I have to be extra selective about what I collect now. I guess it humbles you a bit when you suddenly don't have the luxury of throwing cash at a hobby anymore. That's ok though, it will just make me appreciate the pieces I do get.
I can truly dig that. I’ve been going more and more in that direction over the past several years; not only due to wanting to save more money, but also because there is just so much space (especially with Prime 1 pieces, OY!) until there is none but what you can sell to make more space... and I hate selling. There’s a reason they call them hard decisions. There just so dang hard!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:26 PM   #444
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
So, I've been unemployed for a while and was starting to think I'd have to pass up this mindnumbingly badass statue. I finally hooked up with a sweet gig and grabbed the DX version to celebrate. Now I won't be forced to live a life of regret. I couldn't be more stoked! Happy to be aboard this ship of discerning collectors.
Great news indeed. Glad you are back on your feet!!!
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:41 PM   #445
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
Great news indeed. Glad you are back on your feet!!!
My brotha! Thanks a bunch, man. Happy to read you.
Old 03-27-2021, 03:37 AM   #446
Python
Omega Red

Must be a nice little job if you can order this thing immediately after getting it... Congratulations. I'm more and more tempted by this every day, still not sure which pose I'd prefer though if I did order one? It's a small thing, but I do wish that the head were a little more upright on the posed version, it'd display better and give the chosen pose more of a feel of movement. The little Koto it is based on had a better pose over all even though they are similar. That one little thing would have made me go for the action pose for sure. As it stands, I think I like the museum pose version, it'll be extremely rare once sold out to boot. I'm trying to convince myself that these won't loose any value due to their rarity. The price of entry is painfully high once you include shipping and 26% tax.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:48 AM   #447
Blade3327
Nightwing

I feel like this and the Warrior are a bit too skinny, like the sculpts have been idealized to capture what the creature "should've" or "would've" looked like in the world of the film rather than the suit. Bolaji was already a slender guy, but if the Prime 1 sculpt were the suit, he'd have to have been a toothpick. I think the body mass and head proportions look better on the CoolProps and Sano.

If I had to go for this, I'd pick the action pose because the museum version (as much as I like it) would draw too much attention to the inaccuracies above. That pose ought to be reserved for truly faithful recreations.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:15 PM   #448
Faceless_one
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Must be a nice little job if you can order this thing immediately after getting it... Congratulations. I'm more and more tempted by this every day, still not sure which pose I'd prefer though if I did order one? It's a small thing, but I do wish that the head were a little more upright on the posed version, it'd display better and give the chosen pose more of a feel of movement. The little Koto it is based on had a better pose over all even though they are similar. That one little thing would have made me go for the action pose for sure. As it stands, I think I like the museum pose version, it'll be extremely rare once sold out to boot. I'm trying to convince myself that these won't loose any value due to their rarity. The price of entry is painfully high once you include shipping and 26% tax.
Go the easy way like I did! Own the CP Giger Alien and have the action pose dx on order
Faceless_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:52 PM   #449
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Haha! Thanks. It's a sweet gig, like I said. It won't make me rich, but happy and comfy. I can see your point about the posing of the head. I believe were it upturned a bit it would be an improvement. Not a deal breaker for me though. I'll be perfectly happy as is. I do believe these can hold their value or even grow. Ultimately, it doesn't matter incredibly much. We'll have these to enjoy for years, then at least probably break even - like almost every other statue I ever purchased and sold, mostly growing and sometimes doubling in value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I feel like this and the Warrior are a bit too skinny, like the sculpts have been idealized to capture what the creature "should've" or "would've" looked like in the world of the film rather than the suit. Bolaji was already a slender guy, but if the Prime 1 sculpt were the suit, he'd have to have been a toothpick. I think the body mass and head proportions look better on the CoolProps and Sano.

If I had to go for this, I'd pick the action pose because the museum version (as much as I like it) would draw too much attention to the inaccuracies above. That pose ought to be reserved for truly faithful recreations.
They might seem a bit skinny, but I'm still in love. Inaccuracies don't normally bug me too much. Normally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless_one View Post
Go the easy way like I did! Own the CP Giger Alien and have the action pose dx on order
"The easy way"
Easy on the brain. Tough on the money ball.
Old 03-27-2021, 10:16 PM   #450
tonytiger
The X-Men

They might seem a bit skinny, but I'm still in love. Inaccuracies don't normally bug me too much. Normally.

They Normally come at night..Mostly
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote