Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-25-2015, 12:25 PM   #1531
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

it's not a good sign when people in my area are selling SS statues below retail like they are with the Queen.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #1532
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

So did I. I'm very happy with how mine turned out and she's a beautiful piece. However, she's beginning to get lonely and doesn't really fit in with the rest of my collection. I'm still looking forward to adding at least Kier someday. After that, I'm not POing anymore from this line and will see how it goes. Hopefully, SSC learned from their mistakes on Queen and is putting more effort into the future pieces. That could be one reason for the delays. Wishful thinking but that's my hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathis View Post
I loved my Queen, and I must have just been "Lucky" since I got a pretty close to perfect one. I also do not have I guess the "True" Collectors high standards like a lot of collectors on these boards.

The wait for the COTD stuff does suck, since they are pretty much the ONLY statues I collect now, except for the random game statue that might pop up out of surprise. It does not bother me though, regardless of the reasoning you just have to wait some times for things you want.

I hope they do not cancel this line, because I think it has a good amount of fans outside of just the group the exists here. They are ALL unique, and beautiful works of art, and the Queen ALWAYS gets a lot of the people who come to see my collections attention. Jack the Ripper beats her out a lot, but she is second! I look forward to seeing the NEW red death additions when he does come out, and hopefully Siren makes it out this year as well!
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #1533
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I don't buy your naysayer ****. It's not like Sideshow is going to have 1000s of unsold COTD statues sitting in their warehouse. If they don't sell, Sideshow simply cut the production short. Even if only half the ES is met, it's still well worth their time.
I could be wrong here but I don't think it works that way, they don't just cut production short, if anything they increase production, like Red Death going from 1000 to 1500.

I do believe they will have 1000's of COTD pieces in their warehouse, they obviously have tons of Queens left, I can't see 2750 Kiers selling out anytime soon, 1500 over-priced Oglavaeils and his dog again I cant see them selling many of those at $750.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #1534
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I could be wrong here but I don't think it works that way, they don't just cut production short, if anything they increase production, like Red Death going from 1000 to 1500.

I do believe they will have 1000's of COTD pieces in their warehouse, they obviously have tons of Queens left, I can't see 2750 Kiers selling out anytime soon, 1500 over-priced Oglavaeils and his dog again I cant see them selling many of those at $750.
They do both. They estimate how many they'll sell and set the edition size. If they sell more than anticipated (Red Death, Death), they up the edition size or introduce a variant, if they sell fewer they don't produce the entire run ... until further orders are received (Batgirl). Just MHO based on observation.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #1535
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaguy705 View Post
it's not a good sign when people in my area are selling SS statues below retail like they are with the Queen.
Yep... If this is a sign of things to come ill be getting out of this line quicker then anticipted. Love the statues but they screwed up by giving them all such big ES when e demand is obviously not there.... 3000 es is good for a spiderman or batman but not some character you just made up...tthey all should have had less then 1000 ES
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:02 PM   #1536
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Indeed Kovenor. With such large edition sizes, none of the pieces in this line will hold their value. Collectors who need to sell these in the future will definitely be taking a loss on them.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #1537
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Yep... If this is a sign of things to come ill be getting out of this line quicker then anticipted. Love the statues but they screwed up by giving them all such big ES when e demand is obviously not there.... 3000 es is good for a spiderman or batman but not some character you just made up...they all should have had less then 1000 ES
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #1538
dechirico7
The Flash

I wonder how many Red Death orders have been cancelled. That is the piece that really has been delayed.

I am so frustrated with my Queen piece. Don't even want to go there. I won't trust a piece with decals again.

I really don't know how I feel about this line anymore. As time goes on I mark them off my must-have list. I wanted all 10....then 8.....5.....3.....now I am down to just two. Pretty soon it will be one.

All my hope is on Siren. If she turns out as bad as Queenie, I am soooo done. AND, she better not be pushed again. I want to see her in October or November.

I told a guy at work about how long it is taking for these to be released and he laughed, "I could sculpt and paint my own in that amount of time."
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #1539
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

I'm the same.

LOVED this line when it was introduced. Had to have most of them.

But my anticipation fizzled out over time to the point where the only one i MIGHT be interested in now is Cleopsis.

Even then, why buy direct and pay shipping and duties, when people here are selling Queen below cost?
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #1540
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstojano View Post
They should have front loaded these pieces, few reveals and a quick turnover of statue releases to keep people interested. I just can't fathom what they are thinking. Now of course when Red Death drops everyone will get all excited again. I keep looking at QOTD PFs listed on eBay for a good discount and can't pull the trigger just yet.
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote